Argyle Talk Democratic

The ONLY Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 The Six Nations 2016

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lord Tisdale

avatar

Posts : 3040
Join date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: The Six Nations 2016   Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:28 pm

Very disappointed with the conservative picks by rock steady Eddie but then again I never thought we were as shiite as we looked in the RWC so maybe the same players with a different mindset and hopefully better physical conditioning will do us a job.

Scotland up first have some game but can be stifled by some traditional English play followed by a trip to Rome and the plucky Italians, should be two wins to kick start the campaign. Ireland at Twickers shouldn't be too hard, their consecutive wins were lucky and I thought them overrated which the RWC showed to be true, the Welsh at the home of rugby will be tougher, they have some serious game and have a few of their better players in a much better place fitness wise, by then though I hope Itoje and Kvesic will be in the team along with a fit Tuilagi, that should be enough. Any visit to Paris has to be respected, especially on the last day when they will be looking to put a bad tournament behind them and go out with a win.

I see us winning at a canter with the Welsh seeing off the Irish for the runners up spot, France edging Scotland for 4th, with Italy grabbing the wooden spoon back.

I love the 6Ns me.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Six Nations 2016   Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:26 am

Will Hartley be the risk some say that he will? Reminds me of Dawes big chance. As always ours to throw away but the fixtures are kind.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

avatar

Posts : 3040
Join date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: The Six Nations 2016   Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:14 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
Will Hartley be the risk some say that he will? Reminds me of Dawes big chance. As always ours to throw away but the fixtures are kind.

Hartley doesn't have a terrible record for yellows in an England shirt, three in 60 odd games isn't pariah stuff but he does give away a lot of stupid pens and I don't see him as a major ball carrier. Having said that he is probably the best thrower and is a decent scrummager.

It seems silly to me to make a guy skipper when he wouldn't in most people's shout be nailed on for the place in the team, I suppose that means Eddie J differs with me and has a higher opinion of the scum bag, Kiwi, lout.

Wales, Ireland at home is always tempting, trouble is we always seem to blow it ooop North or in Paris.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

avatar

Posts : 180
Join date : 2015-11-02
Location : The happy Isles where nobody grows old

PostSubject: Re: The Six Nations 2016   Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:36 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
Will Hartley be the risk some say that he will? Reminds me of Dawes big chance. As always ours to throw away but the fixtures are kind.

Hartley doesn't have a terrible record for yellows in an England shirt, three in 60 odd games isn't pariah stuff but he does give away a lot of stupid pens and I don't see him as a major ball carrier. Having said that he is probably the best thrower and is a decent scrummager.

It seems silly to me to make a guy skipper when he wouldn't in most people's shout be nailed on for the place in the team, I suppose that means Eddie J differs with me and has a higher opinion of the scum bag, Kiwi, lout.

Wales, Ireland at home is always tempting, trouble is we always seem to blow it ooop North or in Paris.

The only banana skin I see this year is the French in Paris. Still, you never know what French team is going to turnup.

I'd Love to see Jack Nowell stick that ugly lump Picamoles on his arse again.
Back to top Go down
Angry

avatar

Posts : 10522
Join date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: The Six Nations 2016   Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:24 pm

Im keen to see how much of an impact Eddie Jones can have with this england side in his first match in charge. Im not expecting anything radical straight of the bat but ill it will be interesting to see.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

avatar

Posts : 3040
Join date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: The Six Nations 2016   Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:23 pm

Same old gash I'm afraid, the complete inability to deal effectively with the restart or to chase a kick has left me in a state of fecked orf.

Ford has been rubbish all season, he was rubbish, Hartley has been distinctly unimpressive, he was distinctly unimpressive, Robshaw has been a donkey, he was a donkey, Brown is a dodge, he was mainly a dodge, Farrell doesn't play in the centre and he looked like he doesn't play in the centre as well proving what a dozy Northern tw@ he is with that asinine push.

Ok, so we ground out a win, I am grateful for that, but with a back row of Billy V at 6, Beaumont at 8 and Kvesic at 7, Itoje in the 2nd row, Simpson at 9, Cipriani at 10 and any one of a dozen decent centres in the centre we could have burned them Sweaty fecks.

France got lucky earlier in what was a far better game to watch.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Six Nations 2016   Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:00 pm

Agree with most of that, gutted the Italian no 8 sliced his drop kick at the end would have been a great finish. Was undecided about how much was down to Italian improvement vs French shiteness.
As for us a lot of huff and puff but we did enough o settle the nerves, Irish and welsh will be the test.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

avatar

Posts : 180
Join date : 2015-11-02
Location : The happy Isles where nobody grows old

PostSubject: Re: The Six Nations 2016   Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:23 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
Irish and welsh will be the test.

Both games will be at Twickenham which will suit us.

France in Paris bothers me as they always raise their game against England.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Six Nations 2016   Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:28 pm

'specially after having their bollocks shaved by the Italians, I was willing that kick to go over. A draw today was a great result for us, Irish must be kicking themselves, 13 0 lol.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

avatar

Posts : 3040
Join date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: The Six Nations 2016   Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:55 am

Will watch the Ireland wales game later this morning, 2nd born wasn't too impressed with either and she isn't a bad judge, the opening day games often tell us little about what is going to transpire later, I believe Maro Itoje was massive agin the Chiefs yesterday, he has to be a better bet that Joe Launchbury, an Exeter lad, who imho simply hasn't come back properly from injury.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

avatar

Posts : 3040
Join date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: The Six Nations 2016   Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:58 pm

Another week end of close games indicating that he level is not that good, England won by a decent score but but the that never reflected the game and the Italians could be rightly miffed that neither Haskell, who had a good game, or Farrell did 10 for a stupid 'in the air' tackle.

Why Rock Steady Eddie persists with Robshaw who is carp, Lawes who is sadly out of form and Ford who is currently both is totally beyond me. Farrell at 12 is also pretty banal, the boy has been the form 10 in the Prem after Cips, he simply isn't a centre. Neither Youngs nor Care are close to the best 9 around either, but at least a case can be made for them.

Two French wins says a lot, they look a poor imitation of French sides of the past and sneaking past the Italians is hardly a great indicator for their chances of winning the thing but we have to go there in round 5.

I hate the week off, once the damn thing has started they should go straight through to a conclusion, but what the hell.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt
Admin


Posts : 4187
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

PostSubject: Re: The Six Nations 2016   Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:49 am

I think there were a few mitigators with France V Italy. The fact it was the first national event since the terrorist attacks may have contributed to a cold start plus I thought Italy were pretty good compared to France being poor. France will definitely have a big say in where the trophy is going if not win it themselves, they've certainly blown it wide open by beating the Irish.

England I agree with much of what you say. Key thing is that they haven't conceded a try yet although I'm not sure whether they are showing signs of progress or they've been made to look good. Robshaw I feel is a bit of a version of Rooney, he's obviously not that good but he's box office isnt he?

_______________________________________
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter @TheOfficial_ATD
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

avatar

Posts : 3040
Join date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: The Six Nations 2016   Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:03 pm

Seriously Huge, you think the psyche of all them big bad Froggies was affected by a few guns gooing off weeks ago?

They are basically quite a poor team with a load of new players getting used to each other, they beat Ireland because Ireland were never as good as so many of the pundits gave them credit for being and they are suffering now from injuries when they have no real depth.

Robshaw is the complete opposite of Rooney, rugby players are not "box office", the most box officey is Cipriani who is moving for a new contract of just £300k pa.

Rooney is lazy with a few gifts and gets paid £15 million, Robshaw is a hard working, talentless, donkey who gets £350k.

Having said that the Kermits will have a say, they will improve as the tourny goes on and are perfectly capable of getting something from their visits to both Wales and Sweatyland, England on the other hand are in turn capable of battering both the Welsh and Irish at Twickers, they do though need to get in the likes of Daly, Itoje, Beaumont, Kvesic and Cipriani, no chance, at least as far as the bench. A 9 who doesn't need a calendar to time his pass and who could kick effectively would be good too.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

avatar

Posts : 180
Join date : 2015-11-02
Location : The happy Isles where nobody grows old

PostSubject: Re: The Six Nations 2016   Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:07 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
They are basically quite a poor team with a load of new players getting used to each other.

Not far wide of the mark. However, their love for us will doubtlessly add lead to their pencils. Another thing, they might just start to gel considering there's still a few weeks and games before they get to England.

Slightly off topic: The Chiefs have just signed Lachie Turner, a winger from Toulon. That'll be the 3rd Aussie that has recently signed for the club. This bloke arrives at the club in about 3 weeks time.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

avatar

Posts : 3040
Join date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: The Six Nations 2016   Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:48 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
They are basically quite a poor team with a load of new players getting used to each other.

Not far wide of the mark. However, their love for us will doubtlessly add lead to their pencils. Another thing, they might just start to gel considering there's still a few weeks and games before they get to England.

Slightly off topic: The Chiefs have just signed Lachie Turner, a winger from Toulon. That'll be the 3rd Aussie that has recently signed for the club. This bloke arrives at the club in about 3 weeks time.

I'm led to believe that he is in already.

We have a history of running a Strine group at the club, this chap is a real steal if he is just half the player he was when he ripped the All Blacks a new'un. I 4-1 can't see a weakness in his game and he was an absolute flying machine, certainly if he is good enough to be cover for Toulon he shouldn't struggle in the Prem.

The money Chiefs get off the RFU must be huge as sir Rob has been signing some really good looking players to cover for the club's litany of injuries, not worked so far mind as we are on a run of two defeats when the 6Ns should provide us with a window to nick some results.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

avatar

Posts : 3040
Join date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: The Six Nations 2016   Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:16 pm

Big game tomorrow, the Oirish have been bleating about their injury prblems but they will turn up with 15 players prepared to run the kick rush game plan and hit anything in a white shirt as hard as they possibly can.

I don't see how EJ can justify leaving Ford at ten, not only has he been gash for Bath this season but was ordinary at best in the first two games, Ireland will target him from the off, when they aren't trying to get the ball into orbit, he is too small and too slow for the job, farrell was the form 10 in the Prem, he should play there with any one of half a dozen proper centres being brought in to do a job at 12.

Good to see Itoje getting his chance with Kruis they have been hugely effective for Sarries while Lawes and Launchers look sadly lacking in touch and fitness, I still can't get my head around the lack of pace in the back row, we do need a load of tackling to make up for Ford but we also need someone to get back sharpish to counter the kick rush.

I am out all day but should be able to find a drinking house to watch, my perdickshun would be England by half a dozen, Scotland to win in Italy by the same and Wales to be slightly more comfortable victors over the French.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt
Admin


Posts : 4187
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

PostSubject: Re: The Six Nations 2016   Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:06 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Big game tomorrow, the Oirish have been bleating about their injury prblems but they will turn up with 15 players prepared to run the kick rush game plan and hit anything in a white shirt as hard as they possibly can.

I don't see how EJ can justify leaving Ford at ten, not only has he been gash for Bath this season but was ordinary at best in the first two games, Ireland will target him from the off, when they aren't trying to get the ball into orbit, he is too small and too slow for the job, farrell was the form 10 in the Prem, he should play there with any one of half a dozen proper centres being brought in to do a job at 12.

Good to see Itoje getting his chance with Kruis they have been hugely effective for Sarries while Lawes and Launchers look sadly lacking in touch and fitness, I still can't get my head around the lack of pace in the back row, we do need a load of tackling to make up for Ford but we also need someone to get back sharpish to counter the kick rush.

I am out all day  but should be able to find a drinking house to watch, my perdickshun would be England by half a dozen, Scotland to win in Italy by the same and Wales to be slightly more comfortable victors over the French.
Despite on paper having the best side in the Northern hemisphere, we seem to trip up proper against the Irish and the French on their own turf. Think you're being very brave there.

Scotland to fall flat on their face again. Italy on the right side of a late 3 points

France to do what what France do best and trip horribly against a Welsh side with a scent of blood.

_______________________________________
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter @TheOfficial_ATD
Back to top Go down
Frank Bullitt

avatar

Posts : 6179
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Right in front of you....

PostSubject: Re: The Six Nations 2016   Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:11 pm

That was awful, only matched by the abysmal BBC commentary.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

avatar

Posts : 3040
Join date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: The Six Nations 2016   Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:40 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
That was awful, only matched by the abysmal BBC commentary.

Barnes could ruin any game, mind you Gatland and Noves don't help with their game plans, I think half the problem is that the pitches are now too small as the players get bigger, fitter and faster.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt
Admin


Posts : 4187
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

PostSubject: Re: The Six Nations 2016   Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:50 am

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
That was awful, only matched by the abysmal BBC commentary.

Barnes could ruin any game, mind you Gatland and Noves don't help with their game plans, I think half the problem is that the pitches are now too small as the players get bigger, fitter and faster.
Not bad days work. towering performance from vunipola. Can't help thinking but for sharper handling it might have been less hard work. Should have been out of sight before half time.

_______________________________________
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter @TheOfficial_ATD
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Six Nations 2016   Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:00 am

Did what we had to do but agree we did make hard work of it.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

avatar

Posts : 3040
Join date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: The Six Nations 2016   Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:26 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
That was awful, only matched by the abysmal BBC commentary.

Barnes could ruin any game, mind you Gatland and Noves don't help with their game plans, I think half the problem is that the pitches are now too small as the players get bigger, fitter and faster.
Not bad days work. towering performance from vunipola. Can't help thinking but for sharper handling it might have been less hard work. Should have been out of sight before half time.

Pretty much as I expected in all three games, margins slightly wider than perhaps were due on the play, we really should have battered the Irish but Youngs' passing is so slow and predictable, Ford is so totally out of form, Brown has lost it completely and needs resting while as previously stated ad nauseam farrell is not a centre.

The two yellows, both easily avoidable, cost us and imho Brown should have gone for uber stupid use of the boot on Murray, the guy just totally loses his cool, Billy V was as you say immense yet I would have given MotM to Itoje whose work at the breakdown and line was absolutely first class, he and Kruis are a revelation as second rows, their work rate is as good as any pairing in world rugby. Rock Steady Eddie just has to sort the backs out, he needs to lose the dart of BJ or Care and gain some astute kicking and speed of pass, a lot of people don't like Wigglesworth but there is a reason Sarries are top of the pile, it's about team, not having the best individuals.

Two weeks to the Welsh, if he plays Ford at 10 they will rumble through that gap like an express train, Ford really couldn't tackle half a lager, we can though dominate them up front like we did in Cardiff last year, we are stronger and they are weaker, but Biggar's kicking game could stymie us, i just wish the cameras would focus on his face while he is doing his OCD bit.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt
Admin


Posts : 4187
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

PostSubject: Re: The Six Nations 2016   Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:59 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
That was awful, only matched by the abysmal BBC commentary.

Barnes could ruin any game, mind you Gatland and Noves don't help with their game plans, I think half the problem is that the pitches are now too small as the players get bigger, fitter and faster.
Not bad days work. towering performance from vunipola. Can't help thinking but for sharper handling it might have been less hard work. Should have been out of sight before half time.

Pretty much as I expected in all three games, margins slightly wider than perhaps were due on the play, we really should have battered the Irish but Youngs' passing is so slow and predictable, Ford is so totally out of form, Brown has lost it completely and needs resting while as previously stated ad nauseam farrell is not a centre.

The two yellows, both easily avoidable, cost us and imho Brown should have gone for uber stupid use of the boot on Murray, the guy just totally loses his cool, Billy V was as you say immense yet I would have given MotM to Itoje whose work at the breakdown and line was absolutely first class, he and Kruis are a revelation as second rows, their work rate is as good as any pairing in world rugby. Rock Steady Eddie just has to sort the backs out, he needs to lose the dart of BJ or Care and gain some astute kicking and speed of pass, a lot of people don't like Wigglesworth but there is a reason Sarries are top of the pile, it's about team, not having the best individuals.

Two weeks to the Welsh, if he plays Ford at 10 they will rumble through that gap like an express train, Ford really couldn't tackle half a lager, we can though dominate them up front like we did in Cardiff last year, we are stronger and they are weaker, but Biggar's kicking game could stymie us, i just wish the cameras would focus on his face while he is doing his OCD bit.

Hats off you called it spot on.

I thought it was interesting we scored most of our in points in the 2nd 40 when the Irish we're practically camped in our half. I guess that part re-inforces your point that we aren't sharp enough moving with the ball when on the attack and Eddie has work to do with the backs.

reasonably confident against the Welsh but then I was last time. Crying or Very sad

_______________________________________
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter @TheOfficial_ATD
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Six Nations 2016   Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:15 am

A bit off piste but another nail in the coffin of future world cup winning dreams, people will probably blame Europe personally I think our own h and s culture is as bad,
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-35696238
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

avatar

Posts : 3235
Join date : 2014-09-25

PostSubject: Re: The Six Nations 2016   Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:26 am

Depressing. Non contact, Sport without winners or losers, PE optional in schools. And they wonder why obesity and diabetes is rampant. We are breeding a generation of World champions in smartphonery.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Six Nations 2016   

Back to top Go down
 
The Six Nations 2016
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: Half Time-
Jump to: