Motorservices
harvetheslayer
Greenskin
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

Oxford 1 Bristol Rovers 2 Empty
PostSubject: Oxford 1 Bristol Rovers 2   Oxford 1 Bristol Rovers 2 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 5:10 pm

Good or bad? Not sure really, keeps Oxford at bay but Rovers are one of the teams who could emerge from the pack-really need to get something up there next week.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Oxford 1 Bristol Rovers 2   Oxford 1 Bristol Rovers 2 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 5:13 pm

Many apologies.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Oxford 1 Bristol Rovers 2   Oxford 1 Bristol Rovers 2 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 5:16 pm

Yes it was 1-1 till quite late on......
Back to top Go down
Motorservices

PostSubject: Re: Oxford 1 Bristol Rovers 2   Oxford 1 Bristol Rovers 2 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 7:19 pm

fcuking oxford cost me today, had a bet on northampton, you lot and oxford to win, no big shakes 7.35-1, i almost cashed out, wish i had now
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Oxford 1 Bristol Rovers 2   Oxford 1 Bristol Rovers 2 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 7:51 pm

Good job you don't need the money Smile
Back to top Go down
Motorservices

PostSubject: Re: Oxford 1 Bristol Rovers 2   Oxford 1 Bristol Rovers 2 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 7:55 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Good job you don't need the money Smile

you can never have too much........
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Oxford 1 Bristol Rovers 2   Oxford 1 Bristol Rovers 2 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 9:33 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Good or bad? Not sure really, keeps Oxford at bay but Rovers are one of the teams who could emerge from the pack-really need to get something up there next week.

Good to see you boys are looking over your shoulder and worrying about a team a full nine points behind you, as it happens, and if it is any consolation, I don't see you fading enough for three of the chasers to get past you.

More's the pity.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Oxford 1 Bristol Rovers 2   Oxford 1 Bristol Rovers 2 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 9:44 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

Good to see you boys are looking over your shoulder and worrying about a team a full nine points behind you, as it happens, and if it is any consolation, I don't see you fading enough for three of the chasers to get past you.

More's the pity.

Well,it's a nice worry to have really.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Oxford 1 Bristol Rovers 2   Oxford 1 Bristol Rovers 2 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 9:45 pm

To lose 9 points we have to lose 3 in a row and the other team has to win 3 in a row. This might happen but is unlikely. On top of that 3 teams have to win 3 in a row. We are in the realms of wildly unlikely now.

Over a longer period things get less unlikely but we'd need to hit relegation form and others improve to promotion form levels. Again not impossible but with every passing game increasingly unlikely.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Oxford 1 Bristol Rovers 2   Oxford 1 Bristol Rovers 2 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 10:20 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
To lose 9 points we have to lose 3 in a row and the other team has to win 3 in a row. This might happen but is unlikely. On top of that 3 teams have to win 3 in a row. We are in the realms of wildly unlikely now.

Over a longer period things get less unlikely but we'd need to hit relegation form and others improve to promotion form levels. Again not impossible but with every passing game increasingly unlikely.

Hardly Frankie, 'fampton win their game in hand you're second, Accy do the same you are a point ahead of them, Oxford and Pompey follow suite and they are just 4 and 5 behind, but as I said, I don't see it happening.

We on the other hand are now back in the play off frame, our new loanee bagged a brace yesterday, that's 3 in 2, he does look some player at this level.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Oxford 1 Bristol Rovers 2   Oxford 1 Bristol Rovers 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 9:22 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

You should have been following Argyle long enough to know anythings possible. Whilst I doubt there's anyone left to remember the succession of failures in the 1920's we all know the folklore. The season that grates the most with me is the 61-2 season. It was the season before I started being taken along with my great uncles as they were convinced promotion would be assured the next season.

The last six games need looking at, basically where our opponents were in the league when we imploded.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Oxford 1 Bristol Rovers 2   Oxford 1 Bristol Rovers 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 12:26 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

You should have been following Argyle long enough to know anythings possible. Whilst I doubt there's anyone left to remember the succession of failures in the 1920's we all know the folklore. The season that grates the most with me is the 61-2 season. It was the season before I started being taken along with my great uncles as they were convinced promotion would be assured the next season.

The last six games need looking at, basically where our opponents were in the league when we imploded.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Wow. Proper implosion, that.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Oxford 1 Bristol Rovers 2   Oxford 1 Bristol Rovers 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 11:01 pm

Makes Saturday a proper good old game. All cliche bingo on offer....tight stadium, local derby, capacity crowd and all that.

Looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford 1 Bristol Rovers 2   Oxford 1 Bristol Rovers 2 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 11:52 am

Dick Trickle wrote:
Makes Saturday a proper good old game. All cliche bingo on offer....tight stadium, local derby, capacity crowd and all that.

Looking forward to it.

Nice footer references to those dearly departed. Gone but not forgotten. COYG
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Oxford 1 Bristol Rovers 2   Oxford 1 Bristol Rovers 2 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 1:00 pm

Geddon fella. Will raise a glass or three on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oxford 1 Bristol Rovers 2   Oxford 1 Bristol Rovers 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Oxford 1 Bristol Rovers 2
Page 1 of 1