Argyle Talk Democratic

The ONLY Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  EventsEvents  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 32  Next
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:25 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
I think the final score reaction from the Exeter players said it all. If they'd just drawn against a proper Liverpool team they'd have been rightfully doing cartwheels. But this wasn't even their reserves, it was kids, many of which were making debuts. When Klopp chose to leave Lallana on the bench when his team desperately needed him, that said it all too.

Exeter have been mightily spawny though. Two third round appearances and they draw Man United and Liverpool.

Only three of their starting 11 had not previously started for the first team and one of those worthless kids cost £7 million. Any one of them would stroll into your side and be the star player, so let's give it a rest with the jealousy and celebrate a decent performance from the super Reds with a result which could net us the thick end of half a bar.

ps. We faced Lallana when he was good and he did feck all then.

Oh come on Tis, are you seriously saying it is a minor miracle you've got a draw against THAT Liverpool team? Laughing

I'll say it again - look at the reaction of your players at the end. No wild celebration. They had a great and totally realistic chance of beating a Liverpool team cobbled together quite disgracefully by Klopp. And they knew it.

It was a result that will go down in history like Hereford v Newcastle in '72.

Exeter's team of 25-32 year olds having played 250 career matches each, bravely and valiantly earned a 2-2 draw against 18 year olds even Liverpool season ticket holders have never heard of.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

avatar

Posts : 3040
Join date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:37 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
I think the final score reaction from the Exeter players said it all. If they'd just drawn against a proper Liverpool team they'd have been rightfully doing cartwheels. But this wasn't even their reserves, it was kids, many of which were making debuts. When Klopp chose to leave Lallana on the bench when his team desperately needed him, that said it all too.

Exeter have been mightily spawny though. Two third round appearances and they draw Man United and Liverpool.

Only three of their starting 11 had not previously started for the first team and one of those worthless kids cost £7 million. Any one of them would stroll into your side and be the star player, so let's give it a rest with the jealousy and celebrate a decent performance from the super Reds with a result which could net us the thick end of half a bar.

ps. We faced Lallana when he was good and he did feck all then.

You little fibber Tizzy.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/9310212.stm

We had lost that game a long time before Jonesy flapped at Lallana's cross, you should check out the return where we mauled them.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

avatar

Posts : 3040
Join date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:49 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
I think the final score reaction from the Exeter players said it all. If they'd just drawn against a proper Liverpool team they'd have been rightfully doing cartwheels. But this wasn't even their reserves, it was kids, many of which were making debuts. When Klopp chose to leave Lallana on the bench when his team desperately needed him, that said it all too.

Exeter have been mightily spawny though. Two third round appearances and they draw Man United and Liverpool.

Only three of their starting 11 had not previously started for the first team and one of those worthless kids cost £7 million. Any one of them would stroll into your side and be the star player, so let's give it a rest with the jealousy and celebrate a decent performance from the super Reds with a result which could net us the thick end of half a bar.

ps. We faced Lallana when he was good and he did feck all then.

Oh come on Tis, are you seriously saying it is a minor miracle you've got a draw against THAT Liverpool team? Laughing

I'll say it again - look at the reaction of your players at the end. No wild celebration. They had a great and totally realistic chance of beating a Liverpool team cobbled together quite disgracefully by Klopp. And they knew it.

Sorry, was there some bit of "decent performance" you didn't understand?

It wouldn't have been a "minor miracle" to draw with the best they currently have available, when I saw their team I fancied us to get something out of the game, which we did.

When we drew at Old Trafford as a Conference side with a team of teenagers, that was a miracle.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

avatar

Posts : 7592
Join date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:56 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
I think the final score reaction from the Exeter players said it all. If they'd just drawn against a proper Liverpool team they'd have been rightfully doing cartwheels. But this wasn't even their reserves, it was kids, many of which were making debuts. When Klopp chose to leave Lallana on the bench when his team desperately needed him, that said it all too.

Exeter have been mightily spawny though. Two third round appearances and they draw Man United and Liverpool.

Only three of their starting 11 had not previously started for the first team and one of those worthless kids cost £7 million. Any one of them would stroll into your side and be the star player, so let's give it a rest with the jealousy and celebrate a decent performance from the super Reds with a result which could net us the thick end of half a bar.

ps. We faced Lallana when he was good and he did feck all then.



Oh come on Tis, are you seriously saying it is a minor miracle you've got a draw against THAT Liverpool team? Laughing

I'll say it again - look at the reaction of your players at the end. No wild celebration. They had a great and totally realistic chance of beating a Liverpool team cobbled together quite disgracefully by Klopp. And they knew it.

Sorry, was there some bit of "decent performance" you didn't understand?

It wouldn't have been a "minor miracle" to draw with the best they currently have available, when I saw their team I fancied us to get something out of the game, which we did.

When we drew at Old Trafford as a Conference side with a team of teenagers, that was a miracle.

The "best they currently have available"??  Deary me Tis, Klopp couldn't even be arsed to call upon the two proper players on the bench! Let alone the other first teamers he chose to leave back on Merseyside.

You've drawn against their yoof. Even you know that, Tis. You'll make money from it in the return. If I was the Exeter gaffer, I'd buy a lottery ticket tonight because while your luck's in....
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

avatar

Posts : 3040
Join date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:02 pm

ejh wrote:
against 18 year olds even Liverpool season ticket holders have never heard of.

Any one of whom would walk into your team and be the star player.

5 of our team were 22 or under and have one appearance at age group international level between them, every player in the Poo team has plenty at all levels including full international.

Take your blinkers off and accept it was a good game with possibly the result we should have hoped for given a choice. As Czarky points out, we weren't celebrating madly at the death even though it probably means we can afford a couple or three better quality players for a couple of seasons, now if only Tw@sdale could spot a player.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

avatar

Posts : 3040
Join date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:12 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

The "best they currently have available"??  Deary me Tis, Klopp couldn't even be arsed to call upon the two proper players on the bench! Let alone the other first teamers he chose to leave back on Merseyside.

You've drawn against their yoof. Even you know that, Tis. You'll make money from it in the return. If I was the Exeter gaffer, I'd buy a lottery ticket tonight because while your luck's in....

I said it wouldn't have been a miracle even had they put out their best, especially as they played a hard game Tuesday.

You also don't seem to get that every one of their kids would walk into your team or any other team at our level and be a super star.

Either way I'm not that bothered, I would have liked the win but another trip to Anfield, with always the possibility of being able to rip the pith out of all the Mickeys I know should we nick it, is fine and dandy in my book.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:18 pm

Scum did well, Klopp tried hard, very hard to gift you the match short of playing with eight men, sorry kids, but there you go I guess it shows why you are where you are in the league. As for their keeper? Wtf. I thought that Argo would have finished them off easy but then I remembered it was the cup. I reckon Klopp will stick with the kids and on an actual football pitch and not a field they will comfortably see you off, still a lot of dosh for a good day out yer spawny ywats.
Back to top Go down
Angry

avatar

Posts : 10239
Join date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:21 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
ejh wrote:
against 18 year olds even Liverpool season ticket holders have never heard of.

Any one of whom would walk into your team and be the star player.

5 of our team were 22 or under and have one appearance at age group international level between them, every player in the Poo team has plenty at all levels including full international.

Take your blinkers off and accept it was a good game with possibly the result we should have hoped for given a choice. As Czarky points out, we weren't celebrating madly at the death even though it probably means we can afford a couple or three better quality players for a couple of seasons, now if only Tw@sdale could spot a player.

you drunk that liverpool side was shit none of them would have been in our side....
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:24 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
ejh wrote:
against 18 year olds even Liverpool season ticket holders have never heard of.

Any one of whom would walk into your team and be the star player.

5 of our team were 22 or under and have one appearance at age group international level between them, every player in the Poo team has plenty at all levels including full international.

Take your blinkers off and accept it was a good game with possibly the result we should have hoped for given a choice. As Czarky points out, we weren't celebrating madly at the death even though it probably means we can afford a couple or three better quality players for a couple of seasons, now if only Tw@sdale could spot a player.

Craig Tanner and Hiram Boateng would have pissed over any player on that pitch for quality. A sad state of affairs that Exeter couldn't see out a win against those unknown kids.


Last edited by ejh on Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Angry

avatar

Posts : 10239
Join date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:27 pm

nicholls and riberio will have suitors soon i feel exeter do like to cash in.... i wonder how ballsy del bhey is to get brent to cough up to sign both Wink lol
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:31 am

Nichols is a bit of a hypejob but still good to see a local boy doing well. The only decent player worth having from Exeter is Ryan Harley in my opinion. The rest are poor and won't amount to anything.
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc



Posts : 340
Join date : 2011-09-07

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:41 am

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Afraid that's it, Aaron Davies is utter gash, the genius of Tw@sdale, Ribs comfortably our MotM taken off.

Ribs uncomfortably injured and asked to come off. Given that - along with most of our more important players - he's been out for a long time due to one of our habitual injury crises (as you will know, along with Noble this was his first start for a long time) I don't see how you can criiticise Tisdale for substituting him.
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc



Posts : 340
Join date : 2011-09-07

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:05 am

Lord Tisdale wrote:
ejh wrote:
against 18 year olds even Liverpool season ticket holders have never heard of.

Any one of whom would walk into your team and be the star player.

5 of our team were 22 or under and have one appearance at age group international level between them, every player in the Poo team has plenty at all levels including full international..

Most of our major players - and others who would probably have featured tonight - were either out injured, such as Wheeler, Harley, McAllister, Oyeleke (bought to be our midfield ball-wiinner but who has hardly played through injury) and Watkins, or were unfit having recently returned from injury. Noble and Ribeiro have only played 20 minutes each in the last couple of months and were making their first start for some considerable time - both had to go off through injury/lack of fitness. Holmes has been in and out with injury and wasn't fully fit either. He also had to come off through lack of match-fitness. Brown has also only played a couple of games since coming back from injury and he too isn't fully fit.

As you will know,Tillson is actually a second-choice centre-back who only usually starts when one of the main two is injured or Tis plays three at the back. The fact that he is playing in midfield in order to plug gaps left by injuries is a symptom of our recent problems.

Of course it was a weakened Liverpool side, but we have had a serious injury crisis of our own, which has meant fitting oddly-shaped pegs into round holes and not being able to field a settled or remotely full-strength side for some time. We didn't actually have a full-strength side at Home Park. That should be taken into account by the fair-minded (i.e those sufficiently far away to the North, South and East of West Devon and Cornwall) when considering tonight's result  and our recent poor form. After all it's only five minutes since our Green friends were blaming their mini-slump on injuries.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

avatar

Posts : 7592
Join date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:34 am

Every team has peaks and troughs form wise, Jabs. But the fact that while 5 of our six best players were out we struggled, then they trickle back and we win the last four, does kinda give credence to our current state. Our first choice 11, played for the whole season would see us win the league comfortably. Our problem is we don't have depth of quality.

Anyway, I said it before the game though, I'd have loved you to win. I know far far too many plastic Plymothian scousers who've never been to Home Park in their life. Their pain would have been my joy. I couldn't give two fcuks if it was Exeter beating them. But it wasn't quite to be.

Someone is up there looking down on you though with pulling United and Liverpool outta the bag in succession the only past two times you've made the 3rd round. Uber lucky.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

avatar

Posts : 3971
Join date : 2011-05-12

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:16 am

Bottom line it was a good match which Exeter edged and which earned them a ££££ generating replay at Anfield. If we had that kind of money maybe we could actually afford Boateng and Smith.

Well done Exeter - if Klopp puts out that same side there's no reason you coiuldn't be in the draw
Back to top Go down
Elias

avatar

Posts : 4919
Join date : 2011-12-05
Location : brent out

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:44 am

I expect the prem b team debate will resurface very soon......
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi



Posts : 673
Join date : 2013-04-30

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:20 am

It just goes to show how meaningless the FA Cup has become to the big boys these days.

The Champions League is what it's all about unfortunately.

Klopp was disrespectful with the team he selected. No team has the number of injuries he's suggesting.

Disrespectful to the competition, the BBC and its viewers, the home fans and the travelling Liverpool fans.

He's now bleating about the number of games they play, how Exeter outmuscled them and even how Exeter played the pitch better.

The charm is starting to wear thin already.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

avatar

Posts : 2613
Join date : 2011-06-23
Age : 64
Location : Britannia Bay South Africa

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:47 am

I thought Exeter were easily the match for the team Liverpool put out and could have won it. We have to remember that this match would have been shown around the world to the legions on Premiership "fans" out there. If nothing else it shows them that there is more to English football that the overpaid primadonnas of said league.
Back to top Go down
Dane.

avatar

Posts : 1881
Join date : 2013-02-23

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:10 am

Look. You can't take anything away from Exeter. This is what the FA cup is about. Getting one of the big boys at home to play on your muddy pitch. Get in there faces and give them a rough old night. However, what Klopp done was very risky. He put his young players in that position and got away with it by the skin of his teeth. From a Liverpool perspective Last night now was a good education for those young players. But it could have been so different. Well done to Exeter tho.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

avatar

Posts : 3040
Join date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:08 pm

Angry wrote:


you drunk that liverpool side was shit none of them would have been in our side....

Yeah right, cos one of them was Brighton's player of the year last season, one of the goa; scorers is rated as better than Raheem Sterling and the other is a full intenational, they are exactly the type who would dtruggle to get into a 4th division side.

You're a tw@ Angry, though no breaking news there.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

avatar

Posts : 3040
Join date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:16 pm

ejh wrote:


Craig Tanner and Hiram Boateng would have pissed over any player on that pitch for quality. A sad state of affairs that Exeter couldn't see out a win against those unknown kids.

You lame brained tw@, they aren't your players and they never will be. Of course some of the Poo lads might struggle to get into Reading's side and Palace are as good as the Poo first team, like for like moron, please do follow the Yeovil model and get up with loanees, we'll see you again shortly after with the arse hanging out of your trousers again.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

avatar

Posts : 3040
Join date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:22 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Every team has peaks and troughs form wise, Jabs. But the fact that while 5 of our six best players were out we struggled, then they trickle back and we win the last four, does kinda give credence to our current state. Our first choice 11, played for the whole season would see us win the league comfortably. Our problem is we don't have depth of quality.  

Anyway, I said it before the game though, I'd have loved you to win. I know far far too many plastic Plymothian scousers who've never been to Home Park in their life. Their pain would have been my joy. I couldn't give two fcuks if it was Exeter beating them. But it wasn't quite to be.

Someone is up there looking down on you though with pulling United and Liverpool outta the bag in succession the only past two times you've made the 3rd round. Uber lucky.

Try not to be such a moron Czarky, we have been to the semi final draw having reached the 6th round twice.

Only once under Tw@sdale in eleven years mind, though you're nowt to talk about, Dorchester, Jake "City Legend" Gosling, snigger.

No bog money, priciest tickets for the replay are a score, two pound cheaper than you boys paid to watch your lucky draw at Dags.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

avatar

Posts : 7592
Join date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:34 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Every team has peaks and troughs form wise, Jabs. But the fact that while 5 of our six best players were out we struggled, then they trickle back and we win the last four, does kinda give credence to our current state. Our first choice 11, played for the whole season would see us win the league comfortably. Our problem is we don't have depth of quality.  

Anyway, I said it before the game though, I'd have loved you to win. I know far far too many plastic Plymothian scousers who've never been to Home Park in their life. Their pain would have been my joy. I couldn't give two fcuks if it was Exeter beating them. But it wasn't quite to be.

Someone is up there looking down on you though with pulling United and Liverpool outta the bag in succession the only past two times you've made the 3rd round. Uber lucky.

Try not to be such a moron Czarky, we have been to the semi final draw having reached the 6th round twice.

Only once under Tw@sdale in eleven years mind, though you're nowt to talk about, Dorchester, Jake "City Legend" Gosling, snigger.

No bog money, priciest tickets for the replay are a score, two pound cheaper than you boys paid to watch your lucky draw at Dags.

I'll rephrase it for you Tis. The last two times you've made it to the third round, you've drawn Man United and Liverpool. Like I say, uber lucky.

Lord Tisdale wrote:
we have been to the semi final draw
lol!

That's the best way I've ever read 'we made the quarter-final!'

You should be a politician, Tis. cheers
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:53 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
You should be a politician, Tis. cheers

He's already tried that one. Came nowhere. Unelectable Laughing
Back to top Go down
shonbo

avatar

Posts : 1432
Join date : 2011-12-03
Age : 59

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:06 pm

Well done Exeter, fully deserved the replay.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   

Back to top Go down
 
The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 32Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 32  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Nobody's laughing at Madeleine McCann case - Chelsea Hoffman
» laughing gerry
» Mccanns...body talk
» 50 Cent (Curtis Jackson)
» Elvis Are you Lonesome Tonight...Funny Version 1969

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: Zoo Corner-
Jump to: