Les Miserable
Greenskin
tigertony
7 posters
AuthorMessage
tigertony

tigertony

Derriford parking Empty
PostSubject: Derriford parking   Derriford parking EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 9:39 pm

Although I've been there before, it was a while ago. I now need to visit tomorrow (dear old Mum not well) and I've heard parking can be a nightmare. Is there any on street parking locally within a 15 minute walk - save the hassle. Christmas could be on the A30/38 each day - but hey, she is my mum and Santa can come second this year.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Derriford parking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derriford parking   Derriford parking EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 9:51 pm

tigertony wrote:
Although I've been there before, it was a while ago. I now need to visit tomorrow (dear old Mum not well) and I've heard parking can be a nightmare. Is there any on street parking locally within a 15 minute walk - save the hassle. Christmas could be on the A30/38 each day - but hey, she is my mum and Santa can come second this year.

Bleddy expensive too. Had the same problem when my late mother was in Derriford a few years ago-the availability of spaces seemed to depend on what time of day but i'm darned if I can remember which was the best time-think it was evenings which were best but not sure. I suppose there are side streets available if you're prepared to walk far enough-Looseleigh Lane has some off shoots, you could also try the business park or the Jack Rabbit, imagine though they would be fairly strict as to who can park in their place given the demand for spaces. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Derriford parking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derriford parking   Derriford parking EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 9:53 pm

There's ample parking and I should imagine Christmas Eve would be one of the quieter days of the year, be brave.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Derriford parking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derriford parking   Derriford parking EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 10:30 pm

Park in the park and ride and jump on a bus.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

Derriford parking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derriford parking   Derriford parking EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 10:40 pm

I always find it confusing as feck.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Derriford parking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derriford parking   Derriford parking EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 11:06 pm

For my appointment next Wednesday 4.20pm I will park near Emmanuel church and catch a bus. I park there because there are many bus service running pass going to Derriford.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Derriford parking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derriford parking   Derriford parking EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 11:24 pm

All that planning to park at a hospital? How third world is Plymouth becoming?
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

Derriford parking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derriford parking   Derriford parking EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 11:45 pm

seadog wrote:
Bleedy right - signs should say Port and Starboard !!!
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Derriford parking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derriford parking   Derriford parking EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 11:50 pm

Rickler wrote:
All that planning to park at a hospital?  How third world is Plymouth becoming?

Exactly, it's tragic.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Derriford parking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derriford parking   Derriford parking EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 11:54 pm

seadog wrote:

We've noticed Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Derriford parking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derriford parking   Derriford parking EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 7:32 am

Rickler wrote:
All that planning to park at a hospital?  How third world is Plymouth becoming?
It's all about avoiding the shocking charges that line the pockets Sodexo or whichever faceless corporate leach sucking tax payers is siphoning that particular revenue stream these days. 

Good luck with The old dear tt.
Back to top Go down

Derriford parking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derriford parking   Derriford parking EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 7:54 am

My missus is a nursey there and she has to pay to park, FFS. £30/month docked from wages. Disgusting, money grabbing shysters. Whoever runs the car park that is - not the nursies! I like nursies. rabbit
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

Derriford parking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derriford parking   Derriford parking EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 8:41 am

Off there today for three procedures which I am not looking forward to. The Daughter is taking me.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

Derriford parking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derriford parking   Derriford parking EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 8:14 pm

Back from Derriford very quiet there today. Have been diagnosed with skin cancer and a blocked throat gland. Both require an operation in the new year. But thankfully am home for Christmas.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

Derriford parking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derriford parking   Derriford parking EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 8:18 pm

pepsipete wrote:
Back from Derriford very quiet there today. Have been diagnosed with skin cancer and a blocked throat gland.  Both require an operation in the new year.  But thankfully am home for Christmas.
Take it easy pepsi - keep positive. No-one mentioned the new multi-storey - loads of spaces. May be up tomorrow - see how overnight goes. Least the roads will be quiet.

Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Derriford parking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derriford parking   Derriford parking EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 8:35 pm

pepsipete wrote:
Back from Derriford very quiet there today. Have been diagnosed with skin cancer and a blocked throat gland.  Both require an operation in the new year.  But thankfully am home for Christmas.

Hope everything goes well mate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Derriford parking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derriford parking   Derriford parking Empty

Back to top Go down

Derriford parking
Page 1 of 1