sufferedsince 68
VillageGreen
Tgwu
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Dick Trickle

Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread    Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 26, 2015 5:13 pm

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
3 more points towards getting out of this graveyard division.

Indeed fella, shite division.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread    Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 26, 2015 5:33 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
If there has been no need to open 15,16 & 17 then it won't be that big a crowd. A few in the wanky family stand and I dunno, a thousand Yeovil? Apart from that, empty from block 15 onwards. Sad

Argyle truly have become the masters of suppressing any chance of a proper football atmosphere at Home Park. Well dome James, you cnut.

Every block from 1 to 19 were open

must sell 15,16 17 off line
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread    Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 26, 2015 5:50 pm

Tgwu wrote:

Quote from John Lloyd

Dem'port - look out for Luggy today - he'll be amongst you, cheering on the greens.

He was in Cherry Tree cabal pre-match.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread    Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 26, 2015 6:05 pm

Should have been wrapped up long before the rather nerve jangling 5 minutes of injury time. Ironically,although Yeovil rarely threatened , they did have the best effort of the match by smacking a 25 yard dipper against the bar in the first half. Argyle had enough chances throughout to win a couple of games, thought Wylde played well, Brunt had a barnstorming second half capped by a good bit of strikers opportunism when converting a rebound from the goalkeeper. Good crowd today and I suppose a good result notwithstanding Yeovil's poorness.Still like to see more ruthlessness in front of goal though, it'll be needed against better teams than Yeovil.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread    Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 26, 2015 7:02 pm

Angry wrote:
Couldnt go today because citybus are not running today which i find strange given its the first day of the sales but nevermind.

space jam is on so thats a good substitute

scrap that i managed to go to the game in the end via a friend driving.

i thought it was one of the more lacklustre games that i have seen this season the wind played a major part in both teams play. Brunt was crap despite his gifted goal glad to see reuben back key is not to rush him back into the fold which im sure del bhey wont. big win for us today lets see out the year strong with another on tuesday.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread    Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 26, 2015 7:28 pm

Hargreaves and Sparks were full of praise for the team performance, with Hartley and Brunt the pick of the bunch.....who to believe.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread    Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 26, 2015 8:05 pm

Angry wrote:
Angry wrote:
Couldnt go today because citybus are not running today which i find strange given its the first day of the sales but nevermind.

i thought it was one of the more lacklustre games that i have seen this season the wind played a major part in both teams play. Brunt was crap despite his gifted goal glad to see reuben back key is not to rush him back into the fold which im sure del bhey wont. big win for us today lets see out the year strong with another on tuesday.

Brunt was certainly not crap, especially in the second half when he ran the Yeovil centre backs ragged and it's a very harsh statement merely to say that his goal was "gifted". It was a rebound from the keeper for sure but all good strikers with their wits about them follow those in-seem to remember that he scored a similar goal in a key game against someone last season. Judging by the ovation given to Brunt when he went off, you would be one of the very few people watching the game who came to the conclusion that the bloke had performed poorly but each to his own I suppose.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread    Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 26, 2015 9:00 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Angry wrote:
Angry wrote:

Brunt was certainly not crap, especially in the second half when he ran the Yeovil centre backs ragged and it's a very harsh statement merely to say that his goal was "gifted". It was a rebound from the keeper for sure but all good strikers with their wits about them follow those in-seem to remember that he scored a similar goal in a key game against someone last season. Judging by the ovation given to Brunt when he went off, you would be one of the very few people watching the game who came to the conclusion that the bloke had performed poorly but each to his own I suppose.

Agree with that, Brunt had one of his best ever game in an Argyle shirt
Back to top Go down
Keyholder

Keyholder

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread    Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 26, 2015 9:24 pm

Scrappy game between two poor sides, argyle did improve second half, but Yeovil were terrible.

The midfield of McHugh and threlkeld may have helped defensively but both were guilty of many poor passes.

Defence was generally solid, Hartley stood out but even he was guilty of poor clearances.

Saw luggy in the cherry tree pre-game but no atd-ers, although it was busy.

Some of the holiday fans were unhappy about the wait for food at half time (35 minutes claimed one). One reckons he saw rodent droppings in and around the kiosk area also? Anyone for an overpriced mouse shit pasty?
Back to top Go down
http://argyletalkdemocratic.forumotion.co.uk
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread    Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 12:00 am

A win, top of the league, another big crowd, City get butt foo'ed and you boys still ain't happy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread    Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 4:01 am

Graiser wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Angry wrote:
Angry wrote:

Some are far easier to impress than others. i thought he was slow off the mark and squandered lot of chances. His goal was gifted to him.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread    Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 6:02 am

My wife said take him off half time and bring on Reuben, but she only a women what do she know sarcasm

and the game was so bad that the only highlights was the goal on sky highlights plus the crossbar hit on C5

(Watch the goals and major incidents between Plymouth and Yeovil in Sky Bet League 2.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread    Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 8:35 am

Angry wrote:
Angry wrote:

Puts your constant criticism of Brunt into perspective doesn't it?

Unless you have a special knowledge and understanding of the game that good posters on here, 64 voters on the farm poll (who gave Brunt MOM) and Derek Adams (who singled Brunt out for praise) just don't possess.

Otherwise it goes to show you are going to moan and whinge that Brunt is talentless and shite, regardless of whether he works hard, is effective, scores goals or wins points. He was all 4 yesterday.

Also, Brunt's goals this season have been pretty important. Yesterday his goal delivered 3 points. At Luton, his winner gave us 3 points. At Dagenham his goal clawed back a crucial point.

If promotion, or the title, comes down to a margin of a few points, Bruntinho will have done his bit for the cause that's for sure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread    Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 8:49 am

ejh wrote:
Angry wrote:
Angry wrote:

Puts your constant criticism of Brunt into perspective doesn't it?

Unless you have a special knowledge and understanding of the game that good posters on here, 64 voters on the farm poll (who gave Brunt MOM) and Derek Adams (who singled Brunt out for praise) just don't possess.

Otherwise it goes to show you are going to moan and whinge that Brunt is talentless and shite, regardless of whether he works hard, is effective, scores goals or wins points. He was all 4 yesterday.

Also, Brunt's goals this season have been pretty important. Yesterday his goal delivered 3 points. At Luton, his winner gave us 3 points. At Dagenham his goal clawed back a crucial point.

If promotion, or the title, comes down to a margin of a few points, Bruntinho will have done his bit for the cause that's for sure.

Unlike you i'm constant with my views, they don't change week by week like yours Thanks/OK Thanks/OK Thanks/OK Thanks/OK oh and dont ever use a very bias poll from a corporate marketing site to try and point score again please. the majority who voted probably werent even there if they were they would have voted wylde, mchugh or tanner as MOM.

Brunt is a b - player who wasn't that fantastic yesterday he was playing against a ery shit team playing in a team thats top of the league, id be very worried if he didn't look good against them. He did squander chances presented to him either misqueing shots failing to react or not jumping to head it and he is very slow. the fact he scored doesnt whitewash over that for me if he missed that goal the goalie gifted to him from tanners shot no one would be singing his praises. if all that counts as a good player who warrants mom in your eyes than good for you it doesnt in mind sadly im not so easily bought.

When brunt can score 20+ goals a season with his limited ability then i might let it slide but he never will im very confident of that and now Reuben is back it will be a few games pending on Reuben's fitness levels before Ryan takes his rightful place on the bench and does what he is actually good at coming on in the last 20-25 minutes and changing the attack flow grabbing a goal.

Last edited by Angry on Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread    Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 8:56 am

Yes it is a great trait to be so stubborn and insistent, as to reiterate a player is shit, even when they are in form, hitting a winner, being voted man of the match and being singled out for praise by the gaffer whilst top of the table.

Rather than reevaluate the evidence or admit you may have got it wrong first time, you look far more intelligent arguing that a player was shite because he is terrible and forever will be.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread    Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 9:08 am

ejh wrote:
Yes it is a great trait to be so stubborn and insistent, as to reiterate a player is shit, even when they are in form, hitting a winner, being voted man of the match and being singled out for praise by the gaffer whilst top of the table.

Rather than reevaluate the evidence or admit you may have got it wrong first time, you look far more intelligent arguing that a player was shite because he is terrible and forever will be.

do you want to admit luke young is shit while your on your toadstool?
mchugh was man of the match by the way where you there?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread    Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 9:53 am

Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Angry wrote:
Angry wrote:

Some are far easier to impress than others. i thought he was slow off the mark and squandered lot of chances. His goal was gifted to him.

People like Tynan made a living and a reputation off feeding off those "gifts"-the fact is that Brunt reacted quicker than anyone else to the loose ball and did his job effectively enough to win the match. It isn't a question of being easily impressed-wasn't that impressed with Jervis yesterday, seems to be lacking belief and a different player to the one who was so effective earlier in the season.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread    Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 10:55 am

I am to be honest amazed that people think Brunt had a "good game". In the first half he was truly awful, slow no energy could not hold the ball up or lay it off, a complete passenger pretty much like Jervis in my veiw this was against pitiful opposition in the shape of Yeovil a decent side would have beaten Argyle yesterday without a doubt. Brunt improved a lot in the second half that is true but lets not forget football is about 9o minutes and for forty five minutes Ryan was poor! I also read the match report from Nools Uber Nerds, to them i have just one question, have any of you ever played Football in your life?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread    Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 12:22 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Angry wrote:
Angry wrote:

People like Tynan made a living and a reputation off feeding off those "gifts"-the fact is that Brunt reacted quicker than anyone else to the loose ball and did his job effectively enough to win the match. It isn't a question of being easily impressed-wasn't that impressed with Jervis yesterday, seems to be lacking belief and a different player to the one who was so effective earlier in the season.

What about the other times he didnt react? or was slow off the mark a sharper player could have scored a couple yesterday not that gifted goal from a goalie error.

i agree with you about Jervis.
Back to top Go down
MikeWN

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread    Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 4:09 pm

Thought we played some nice football in spurts, without managing to look particularly threatening. Crossing seemed to be better today too. Instead of hitting the first defender or punting it out of play, we got some half decent balls into the box, which were invariably met with powderpuff headers or scuffed shots. Brunt was awful in the 1st, but fair play to him for stepping it up in the 2nd. Threlkeld continues to be largely anonymous. What has happened to Jervis?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread    Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 4:31 pm

For those who weren't impressed with yesterdays performance, but also didn't see the Carlisle Exeter Orient & Cambridge games, let me tell you that yesterdays showing was infinitely better than those displays.

This league is so dire, you only have to be upper-mediocre to make the play-offs (see 2014/15). I'd then say you only have to be halfway decent to be top 3.

If we can keep key players off the treatment table (and not lose them in January) then we're quite comfortably in the 'halfway decent' bracket.

As far as Jervis goes, he had a purple patch but now appears to be reverting to type. Deane Smalley had a very similar purple patch (the only one in his entire career) at Chesterfield, so it won't be the biggest surprise if Jervis doesn't prove to be the next Rueben.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread    Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 5:28 pm

Don't get this ''gifted'' goal rubbish. A lot of King Tommy's goals were handed to him on a plate - other players did work and then gave Tommy the ball to pass into the net. TT was in the right place at the right time - like Brunty yesterday.
In fact most goals scored in football could be ''gifted''. A free header from a corner, a free kick that goes under the wall, a player scoring from 35 yards who was not closed down, a defence so slow that once the forwards were through they were going to score, a header from a cross when actually the full-back should have stopped the cross going in, on .. and .. on. Are penalties gifted?
We're top of the table FFS and we are there because we deserve to be there - enjoy it. Perhaps because JB has said that we will strengthen in Jan means that the 'moaners' can't moan about the transfer window so have to pick someone else.
Back to top Go down
Hip Flask

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread    Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 5:52 pm

I thought we were ok yesterday, not our best but no way near bad, Brunts performance was certainly not bad. I enjoyed the game but who doesn't enjoy football on boxing day.

Argyle done the job required, 3 points in the bag, these are happy days.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread    Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 9:25 pm

tigertony wrote:
Don't get this ''gifted'' goal rubbish. A lot of King Tommy's goals were handed to him on a plate - other players did work and then gave Tommy the ball to pass into the net. TT was in the right place at the right time - like Brunty yesterday.
In fact most goals scored in football could be ''gifted''. A free header from a corner, a free kick that goes under the wall, a player scoring from 35 yards who was not closed down, a defence so slow that once the forwards were through they were going to score, a header from a cross when actually the full-back should have stopped the cross going in, on .. and .. on. Are penalties gifted?
We're top of the table FFS and we are there because we deserve to be there - enjoy it. Perhaps because JB has said that we will strengthen in Jan means that the 'moaners' can't moan about the transfer window so have to pick someone else.

so brunt is the new tynan now is he Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread    Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4