AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

Boxing. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boxing.   Boxing. EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 11:16 pm

Fury deservedly wins heavyweight belt.
Back to top Go down

Boxing. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boxing.   Boxing. EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 11:33 pm

two dogshit fighters fighting in a pisspoor division and that bout was utter dross. Both did virtually nothing with only tyson getting anything notable in and wlad did all but give tyson the belts. Fury warranted the win but it sure wasnt done in a manner thats going to usher in a new era of heavyweight boxing or result in big money bouts bar wilder and joshua.
Back to top Go down
Motorservices

Boxing. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boxing.   Boxing. EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 11:34 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:
Anybody watching it ?

Id have thought you greens had seen enough boxing after the last few home games tbh
Back to top Go down

Boxing. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boxing.   Boxing. EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 12:13 am

Anthony Joshua suddenly fancies his chances of becoming world champion!
Back to top Go down

Boxing. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boxing.   Boxing. EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 7:08 am

Poor fight. Fury edged it, imho. I still don't like the cocky twat.

Fury: "I aim to be the most charismatic fighter since Ali" Really? Seriously? You need to learn to speak properly first. Tool. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Boxing. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boxing.   Boxing. EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 9:34 am

Person Of Interest wrote:

Fury: "I aim to be the most charismatic fighter since Ali" Really? Seriously? You need to learn to speak properly first. Tool. Rolling Eyes

Never seen the guy fight but problem is when you've been brought up with Ali as the Godhead, not just in boxing but in public life generally, then anyone else tends to fade rather badly in comparison. From what I've seen of this Fury bloke, he sure comes nowhere near Ali as a personality and apparently even less so as a boxer, so he has some way to go. I have seen a bit of the Klitschko's and prime time Ali would have taken the pair of them, possibly both at the same time. Are there any decent Yanks these days-they were two a penny once, doesn't seem to be the same production line now.
Back to top Go down

Boxing. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boxing.   Boxing. EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 10:44 am

Greenskin wrote:
Person Of Interest wrote:

Never seen the guy fight but problem is when you've been brought up with Ali as the Godhead, not just in boxing but in public life generally, then anyone else tends to fade rather badly in comparison. From what I've seen of this Fury bloke, he sure comes nowhere near Ali as a personality and apparently even less so as a boxer, so he has some way to go. I have seen a bit of the Klitschko's and prime time Ali would have taken the pair of them, possibly both at the same time. Are there any decent Yanks these days-they were two a penny once, doesn't seem to be the same production line now.

d Wilder is the main guy from the states that will be stepping up to fight fury. WBC Champion with a record of 35-0 34 KO's. Tyson Fury will duck him again so i dont see that fight happening anytime soon same with Joshua.
Back to top Go down
MikeWN

Boxing. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boxing.   Boxing. EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 7:49 pm

Wilder is no great shakes either, making tough work of the extremely limited Molina and Duhaupas. Fury/Wilder is a pick'em fight for me, but might never happen as Wilder has to get past Povetkin, and I wouldn't want to put my mortgage on that happening.

Wlad was, on paper, the toughest title fight out there. God knows what happened - got old over night, maybe? Horrible fight though. What did he throw? 60 punches in the whole fight? Depending on how he looks in his first real test against Dillan White, Anthony Joshua might just go through the current scene like a dose of salts.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Boxing. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boxing.   Boxing. EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 8:54 pm

Over hyped shite
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Boxing. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boxing.   Boxing. EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 9:17 pm

Elias wrote:
Over hyped shite

Unlike Eurovision hey Elias.....
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Boxing. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boxing.   Boxing. EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 9:23 pm

MikeWN wrote:
Wilder is no great shakes either, making tough work of the extremely limited Molina and Duhaupas. Fury/Wilder is a pick'em fight for me, but might never happen as Wilder has to get past Povetkin, and I wouldn't want to put my mortgage on that happening.

Wlad was, on paper, the toughest title fight out there. God knows what happened - got old over night, maybe? Horrible fight though. What did he throw? 60 punches in the whole fight? Depending on how he looks in his first real test against Dillan White, Anthony Joshua might just go through the current scene like a dose of salts.

That's exactly how I saw it, never been a big Fury fan but I have to say he looked in far better nick than ever before, but that was no fight.

Wilder is nothing to write home about, he hasn't fought anybody and is no kind of draw, this is without doubt the worst heavyweight division ever.
Back to top Go down

Boxing. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boxing.   Boxing. EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 9:43 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
MikeWN wrote:

That's exactly how I saw it, never been a big Fury fan but I have to say he looked in far better nick than ever before, but that was no fight.

Wilder is nothing to write home about, he hasn't fought anybody and is no kind of draw, this is without doubt the worst heavyweight division ever.

nor has fury so they are on a par with each other products of a poor division.
Back to top Go down
MikeWN

Boxing. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boxing.   Boxing. EmptyMon Nov 30, 2015 12:36 pm

Fury has the obvious name - Klitschko. Okay, so maybe he got lucky on the timing front, but Wlad was still the big fish in an admittedly shallow talent pool. He also wasn't the one ducking out of the Haye fight. The guy has many flaws, but I'm not convinced a lack of heart is one of them.

Wilder is calling out Fury, who just made himself The Man and heavy. He must be kicking himself he didn't get to Wlad first. The money for Fury is in a rematch though, and after that, I'm sure Haye will crawl out of the woodwork again. Wilder/Fury won't happen any time soon. Shame, because (this last fight aside) they are both usually in entertaining scraps.
Back to top Go down

Boxing. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boxing.   Boxing. EmptyMon Nov 30, 2015 1:25 pm

MikeWN wrote:
Fury has the obvious name - Klitschko. Okay, so maybe he got lucky on the timing front, but Wlad was still the big fish in an admittedly shallow talent pool. He also wasn't the one ducking out of the Haye fight. The guy has many flaws, but I'm not convinced a lack of heart is one of them.

Wilder is calling out Fury, who just made himself The Man and heavy. He must be kicking himself he didn't get to Wlad first. The money for Fury is in a rematch though, and after that, I'm sure Haye will crawl out of the woodwork again. Wilder/Fury won't happen any time soon. Shame, because (this last fight aside) they are both usually in entertaining scraps.

can you name one fury fight that was either entertaining or he destroyed a know name that wasnt a bum to justify the hype out of interest? he plotted his route to the title with military precision avoiding the tough fights going this route to take on the aging klitchsko and still struggled to beat him convincingly even with Wlad pretty much not trying at all gifting him the belts. the plan though worked so credit for that.

Wilder has been calling fury out for years so its nothing new, that fight could have happened a few years ago but fury choose to waste time again dancing with chisora and two failed bouts with david haye which fair enough werent his fault, which fwiw i agree with fury he should never have a fight with him due to his time wasting.

there will be a rematch in may i cant see it being either entertaining or good but fury will win again just.
Back to top Go down
MikeWN

Boxing. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boxing.   Boxing. EmptyMon Nov 30, 2015 4:42 pm

I enjoyed Tyson's fights with Cunningham, Firtha, Johnson etc. They all exposed him as limited, but they were fun to watch. Just like football, I can enjoy fights between lower level operators - it doesn't all have to be premier league. Yeah, Klitschko looked old, but that's being wise after the fact. He was a heavy favourite going in. If you knew Wlad was done on Friday, I hope you made some money off it!

Wilder called out Fury after he beat Harrison, and that never happened because Fury had the (more dangerous? probably - definitely more lucrative) Haye fight lined up. Then Fury calls out Wilder when that fight falls through, and nothing comes of it. Then Fury calls out Wilder again before he gets the Wlad fight, then Wilder calls him out once he wins the belts. It's all a pantomime. I doubt either is ducking the other. They'll fight when the figures add up - presumably if Wilder beats Povetkin and Fury beats Wlad.
Back to top Go down

Boxing. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boxing.   Boxing. EmptyMon Nov 30, 2015 4:58 pm

MikeWN wrote:
I enjoyed Tyson's fights with Cunningham, Firtha, Johnson etc. They all exposed him as limited, but they were fun to watch. Just like football, I can enjoy fights between lower level operators - it doesn't all have to be premier league. Yeah, Klitschko looked old, but that's being wise after the fact. He was a heavy favourite going in. If you knew Wlad was done on Friday, I hope you made some money off it!

Wilder called out Fury after he beat Harrison, and that never happened because Fury had the (more dangerous? probably - definitely more lucrative) Haye fight lined up. Then Fury calls out Wilder when that fight falls through, and nothing comes of it. Then Fury calls out Wilder again before he gets the Wlad fight, then Wilder calls him out once he wins the belts. It's all a pantomime. I doubt either is ducking the other. They'll fight when the figures add up - presumably if Wilder beats Povetkin and Fury beats Wlad.

you must like watching drunken pub brawls if you find tyson enjoyable they are virtually the same thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Boxing. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boxing.   Boxing. Empty

Back to top Go down

Boxing.
Page 1 of 1