Czarcasm
Chemical Ali
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali

Injury Update Empty
PostSubject: Injury Update   Injury Update EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 10:44 am

From the Herald, Reid and McCormick back in training, Hartley should return soon as foot only bruised (not broken) and Boateng has returned to Palace for further treatment-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Injury Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury Update   Injury Update EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 11:17 am

Good news. Two week break after Saturday aswell. If we can sneak a win at the Dags then get three or four of the main players back, no reason for us not to get back to winning ways.
Back to top Go down

Injury Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury Update   Injury Update EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 11:33 am

Hopefully they will get a run out against Tiverton on the 8th
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

Injury Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury Update   Injury Update EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 11:40 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Good news. Two week break after Saturday aswell. If we can sneak a win at the Dags then get three or four of the main players back, no reason for us not to get back to winning ways.

Agree, a win on Saturday will be massive, stay at the top, two week break, injured players back and a fresh, reinvigorated sqaud going into a hopefully successful Chrimbo period, happy days jocolor
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

Injury Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury Update   Injury Update EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 11:49 am

Echo the above - one last push to beat Dagenham and then we can rest, regroup and go again after the two week break.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Injury Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury Update   Injury Update EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 2:14 pm

Echo the above echo.
Back to top Go down

Injury Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury Update   Injury Update EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 3:15 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

I hope the yokels from 'the capital' are still hanging around here when this happens.

My guess is that sadly, this won't be the case, just as not a single one of them logged in whilst we were top of the league or battering a full strength Exeter side in the JPT when we should have won 8-0 :-D
Back to top Go down

Injury Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury Update   Injury Update EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 6:17 pm

So, dear ol' Reuben will be back to get 3 or 4 games before the transfer window opens. What a surprise. As foretold. Laughing jocolor
Hope Roobs has had a nice break, and that his absence has jogged Brent's pocket. The fans have noticed, that's for sure. Great timing, couldn't have done it better myself, and a couple of goals over the Winter holiday will do his contract negotiations/future no harm at all. Bumping up your pay is a serious business.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Injury Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury Update   Injury Update EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 8:31 am

Back from injury just in time to be sold
Back to top Go down

Injury Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury Update   Injury Update EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 8:43 am

Sir John Hawkins wrote:
So, dear ol' Reuben will be back to get 3 or 4 games before the transfer window opens. What a surprise. As foretold. Laughing jocolor
Hope Roobs has had a nice break, and that his absence has jogged Brent's pocket. The fans have noticed, that's for sure. Great timing, couldn't have done it better myself, and a couple of goals over the Winter holiday will do his contract negotiations/future no harm at all. Bumping up your pay is a serious business.

I thought Reuben was falsely claiming an injury to protect himself from a real injury, and prove his value for the team?

Now he is going to prove his worth by coming back a month early and scoring loads of goals?

I can't keep up with the sub plots any more.

But the bottom line is Reuben is definitely going in January, that part hasn't changed has it?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Injury Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury Update   Injury Update EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 9:02 am

In football anything can happen so nothing would surprise me but his brand value can't have been enhanced by his appearance record lately. I don't have the figures to hand but since his hat-trick at Exeter last year he seems to have missed as many as he has started.

As USPs go that's not a great one.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

Injury Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury Update   Injury Update EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 4:17 pm

ejh wrote:

I thought Reuben was falsely claiming an injury to protect himself from a real injury, and prove his value for the team?

But the bottom line is Reuben is definitely going in January, that part hasn't changed has it?

{sigh} You're making it up as you go along. Have you misunderstood my post YET again ? You really don't READ what people post, do you ? jocolor  If you can be bothered, look back on the thread concerned. Nowhere have I said Reid is going in January. I have said the injury ( which I believe could well be  overstated ) fits with a perfect ploy of upping the anti in his negotiations for his next contract, whether it be Argyle or Pompey. And yes, I do believe, and have said, footballers overstate injuries to further their cause..
I have stated quite clearly it could be either Argyle or Pompey, it matters not, provided the deal is the best he thinks he can get. The last month WILL have helped his cause in the minds of both suitors. It DOES ensure he didn't get a right old wallop in the last month, it DOES ensure a dip in form hasn't taken from his value, and it does put pressure on Brent to offer a much better deal, as a pre-negotiation possible sulk is quite a threat. It implies he means business. I said he would be back just before the Winter holiday games, and that is proving to be correct.

That is not an invitation for another pointless ping pong that you launched into last time. As a rule, I don't mind pedants that much, but you do have to pay attention and twig what people are saying. And, it's not a competition either.
Back to top Go down

Injury Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury Update   Injury Update EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 5:52 pm

Ok, now I understand, am I to believe McCormick, Hartley and McHugh are currently doing the same.

They are out of contract at the end of the season too. Nice little injury before Christmas, come back and save the day. Nod nod, wink wink.

We are buggered when Nelson, Mellor and Brunt find out. We won't be able to field a side once everyone finds out you have to start feigning it to get new contracts out of the club.
Back to top Go down

Injury Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury Update   Injury Update EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 6:00 pm

ejh wrote:
Ok, now I understand, am I to believe McCormick, Hartley and McHugh are currently doing the same.

No. My comments have always concerned Reid, and no one else. If you look back, I covered that very point, but scant chance of you doing that. For instance, no way is McCormick, given his personal history, going to move away from the safety of Argyle. He's just happy to be playing the game. Every player is different, with different circumstance. Horses for courses.

They are out of contract at the end of the season too. Nice little injury before Christmas, come back and save the day. Nod nod, wink wink.

We are buggered when Nelson, Mellor and Brunt find out. We won't be able to field a side once everyone finds out you have to start feigning it to get new contracts out of the club.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Injury Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury Update   Injury Update EmptyWed Dec 02, 2015 10:50 pm

is Boating back?

Hiram Boateng ‏@Hiram_8 1h1 hour ago

@JJervis20 I'm back
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

Injury Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury Update   Injury Update EmptyThu Dec 03, 2015 8:26 am

Tgwu wrote:
is Boating back?

Hiram Boateng ‏@Hiram_8 1h1 hour ago

@JJervis20 I'm back
be good if its true that boatangs back his been badly missed as for jervis didnt think he was injured just a off form as late unless he has been playing through injury..but i thought it was that he was tiredness and just off form
Back to top Go down

Injury Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury Update   Injury Update EmptyThu Dec 03, 2015 9:41 am

Sir John Hawkins wrote:

Reid is now firmly in the category of 'injury-prone'. Can't see too many clubs wanting to take a gamble on him.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Injury Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury Update   Injury Update EmptyThu Dec 03, 2015 4:56 pm

Hiram has confirmed he pulled a ligament in his ankle. Will be back in a few weeks. Also hinted his loan will be extended

Interview is here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (you have to sign up but it's free)
Back to top Go down

Injury Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury Update   Injury Update EmptyThu Dec 03, 2015 5:03 pm

Innocent Egbunike wrote:

Reid is now firmly in the category of 'injury-prone'. Can't see too many clubs wanting to take a gamble on him.

He'll have a few suitors. I bet Sturrock 2 would have had a punt at an injured donkey if it had a record of putting it in the net.. He made an art form of trying to get a bargain with injury prone and displaced souls.
Ochmaknee and Bad boy Walton to name but two. Paid a fortune out.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Injury Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury Update   Injury Update EmptyThu Dec 03, 2015 6:51 pm

Hiram Boateng have spoken out about his recent injury, which has blemished the impressive start to the season he had enjoyed at Plymouth Argyle.

Now on the way to making a full recovery, the central midfield has spent around a month our of action with an ankle ligament problem.

"I pulled one of the ligaments a month ago now, so I've only got a bit [of time] left before I'm back," he said. "I'm progressing, my ankle's getting stronger, getting a bit better, so hopefully I'll be back soon."

"[It happened] in a game against Morecambe. A bad tackle came in on me... To be fair, he won the ball as well, but he also won my leg!" He laughed.

Things had been going well for the young midfielder, who had played an integral role in Argyle's rise to the top of the League Two table.

"We've been doing well," he said. "It's been a good team effort, there's real unity in the team. We've been doing well in the league and hopefully we can keep doing that until the end of the season."

During his time on the south coast Boateng has opened his professional goalscoring account, bagging his first in a 2-1 win at home to Crawley Town before adding a second three days later in the Cup against Exeter.

"It was a good feeling, a special moment," he said. "I haven't been known for my goalscoring in the past, so it was important for me to get off the mark and I was very happy to score my first professional goal."

You can watch a full video interview with Hiram, in which he discusses his progress, Mark Bright's role in his development and his Plymouth Argyle initiation on the Free Membership site HERE.

Read more at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Injury Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury Update   Injury Update EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 2:04 pm

What a great christmas present it would be to have all the lads back fit and firing.

After seeing Croll at Dagenham, having Hartley back will be massive, as would the composure of Boateng, and a few goals from Reuben before Christmas wouldn't go amiss. Covering McCormick with Walton has been about the only injury we have got close to adequately replacing, even if he can't kick to save his life.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

Injury Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury Update   Injury Update EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 8:18 am

Hopefully boatang is on his way back..cos his been badly missed in midfield for me thelkeld is useless and simpson to lightweight ..he adds that bite in midfield boatang which we have missed since his been out cant come back quick enough for my liking..plus lets hope jimmys already in contract talks with him but i woundnt hold me breath on that one knowing what the reluctant one's like
Back to top Go down

Injury Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury Update   Injury Update EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 1:01 pm

Sir John Hawkins wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:

He'll have a few suitors. I bet Sturrock 2 would have had a punt at an injured donkey if it had a record of putting it in the net.. He made an art form of trying to get a bargain with injury prone and displaced souls.
Ochmaknee and Bad boy Walton to name but two. Paid a fortune out.

Still injured, it seems. Don't see anyone coming in for him.
Back to top Go down

Injury Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury Update   Injury Update EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 5:55 pm

Adams post match interview.
"A number of them won't be available until the new year"
Well, that's that then.  "Alarming" was his description.
It's going from bad to worse.
Felt sorry for the man. We may well have seen the last of Carey.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Injury Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury Update   Injury Update EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 5:56 pm

And the last hope of promotion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Injury Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury Update   Injury Update Empty

Back to top Go down

Injury Update