Elias
Les Miserable
Lord Tisdale
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Ooooops, Turks shoot down Russian jet. Empty
PostSubject: Ooooops, Turks shoot down Russian jet.   Ooooops, Turks shoot down Russian jet. EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 2:00 pm

Bit of a stepping up of the conflict, a NATO member shooting down a Russian aircraft over Syrian airspace with both pilots finishing up dead.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Ooooops, Turks shoot down Russian jet.   Ooooops, Turks shoot down Russian jet. EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 2:16 pm

Interesting, I kind of admire Russia's apparent hardline, toughtalk, bullyboy approach to international affairs but realistically they're a bit of a skint, tinpot outfit with no real clout(a bit like Argyle hey Tis Very Happy ) when the big boys come out to play. I wonder what their next move will be? I find the nuclear option quite appealing, it's sure to happen one day so let's just get it over with ffs!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ooooops, Turks shoot down Russian jet.   Ooooops, Turks shoot down Russian jet. EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 3:42 pm

It's an absolute worrying tinderbox, with Erdouan being as much of a spark as any.
He did clearly say he wouldn't accept any more Russian planes in his airspace a while back.
Anyone who thinks this whole disaster is going to be solved by a bit extra bombing needs their head examined. Can't wait for Cameron's new thoughts on the matter. I wonder if he'll deliver them in an American accent.
If people keep clamouring for more war, we all sure as heck will get it.
It's been building for years, the recent IS thing is just part of the underlying pressures. I have no idea who is actually forcing the pace. Maybe they all are, like a sort of virus.
I've never been totally convinced with our much vaunted human conscious ability to stop, or even start, this sort of thing. Flocks of birds and all that stuff that irritates so many. My logic lays somewhere in the Gaia living planet sort of understanding of cause and effect. We're all weather systems in the end.

I guess my above opinion makes me about as popular as R D Laing, and his rather different thoughts on human consciousness. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Ooooops, Turks shoot down Russian jet.   Ooooops, Turks shoot down Russian jet. EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 4:19 pm

Isis are a 'rebranding' of al queda.

Turks and saudis are double crossers time to wake up guys.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Ooooops, Turks shoot down Russian jet.   Ooooops, Turks shoot down Russian jet. EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 4:51 pm

Ooooops, Turks shoot down Russian jet.
popcorn
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Ooooops, Turks shoot down Russian jet.   Ooooops, Turks shoot down Russian jet. EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 8:45 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Interesting, I kind of admire Russia's apparent hardline, toughtalk, bullyboy approach to international affairs but realistically they're a bit of a skint, tinpot outfit with no real clout(a bit like Argyle hey Tis Very Happy ) when the big boys come out to play. I wonder what their next move will be? I find the nuclear option quite appealing, it's sure to happen one day so let's just get it over with ffs!

Tbf I think the Russkis have been far more reactive than bullying of late, Crimea and the Donbass came about because the US/NATO/EUSSR installed the Ukrainian version of the EDL in Kiev, they did not stick their oar into Syria big time until it became obvious that the US and Turkey were not at all interested in dealing with daesh.

They have spent a huge amount upgrading their military of late, especially their bvr missile capability, today was a turkey shoot for a Turk in a F16 against an ageing SU24, be interesting to see how they cope with a couple of SU30SMs or SU34s, there is also a rumour that they have installed Growlers in Syria, the US will not want to be messing with those bad boys.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Ooooops, Turks shoot down Russian jet.   Ooooops, Turks shoot down Russian jet. EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 10:18 pm

A powderkeg indeed, this could lead to armageddon ya janner.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ooooops, Turks shoot down Russian jet.   Ooooops, Turks shoot down Russian jet. EmptyWed Nov 25, 2015 11:11 am

The Turks have got balls, you have to hand it to them.

It will be interested to see how the Russians respond, as they are not really a nation known for letting bygones be bygones.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Ooooops, Turks shoot down Russian jet.   Ooooops, Turks shoot down Russian jet. EmptyWed Nov 25, 2015 12:32 pm

The bigger picture is fairly straightforward. When you have lunatic extremists who put no value whatsoever on their own ability to draw breath, then you are fighting a completely different kind of war. Your average common or garden war will involve two sides who'd quite like to still be alive at the end of it. The situation we have is quite different. Isis aren't interested in dialogue. Dying isn't even an occupational hazard, it's an honour. Martyrdom etc etc....

...which is why, however unpalatable it may seem, these nut jobs need to be wiped out as quickly as we possibly can. That'll undoubtedly involve a very odd coalition. But it needs to happen. Enemies need to become temporary allies for the greater good. Simple as that.

Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Ooooops, Turks shoot down Russian jet.   Ooooops, Turks shoot down Russian jet. EmptyWed Nov 25, 2015 12:36 pm

The same can be said for the Turks as well with a army of over a 600 hundred thousand personnel they are not ones for backing down.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Ooooops, Turks shoot down Russian jet.   Ooooops, Turks shoot down Russian jet. EmptyWed Nov 25, 2015 2:48 pm

lawnmowerman wrote:
The same can be said for the Turks as well with a army of over a 600 hundred thousand personnel they are not ones for backing down.

Saddam had more than a million, Erdogan is giving it large because Turkey is in NATO, a bit like Nool coming the tough guy when surrounded by his usual entourage of knuckle draggers.

Erdogan sees himself as the natural Caliph of an Islamic State stretching from Istanbul to the Atlantic, he is the biggest threat to world peace, and Cameron wants to accelerate Turkish EU membership.

The Turks have been murdering and warring with the entire region for 3,000 years, the genocide in Armenia was just one of many.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ooooops, Turks shoot down Russian jet.   Ooooops, Turks shoot down Russian jet. EmptyWed Nov 25, 2015 3:43 pm

Never really got on with the Turks. Always thought of them as rude, forceful, fake fag and perfume selling, filthy, womanising, spitting, knife wielding mother f*ckers.

Does that me me a Franky Harper? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ooooops, Turks shoot down Russian jet.   Ooooops, Turks shoot down Russian jet. Empty

Back to top Go down

Ooooops, Turks shoot down Russian jet.
Page 1 of 1