Jethro
Tgwu
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City   MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 5:56 pm

Ps...........crap atmosphere for the size of the crowd, bit strange, too many plastics perhaps.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City   MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 6:08 pm

Mistake taking Wylde off IMO. He provided a lot down the left in the first half.

Pity we can't have Harley in our midfield for the big push. He ran the show for Exeter.
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City   MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 6:18 pm

That's another big crowd game we've lost. An excuse for the moaners not to come back again for another five years.....until there's a trophy to be lifted...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City   MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 6:42 pm

truly awful performance, fake atmosphere from fans that died way before the first exeter goal and didnt start up again till after the argyle goal and for a derby i was shocked at how quiet it was even the display thing was a fail you could barely make out the argyle bit at one point till the pa asked fans to do it. the fans did pipe up to honour alan nicholls however after the 21st minute which was good, not alot could be done about the 2nd city goal it was a good goal, nothing postitive to take from the game other than the gate receits. some twat let of a smoke grenade before the game i was told which caused the food outlet shutters to stay 3/4 closed. we need a striker asap. Walton's kicking is shocking.

exeter deserve the 3 points fully.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City   MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 7:15 pm

Highlight of the day was the Janner song being aired in all it's glory as a launch to inevitably being Christmas number one. No doubt Punchie could be seen giving a hearty and full throated sing-along rendition. Argyle very hesitant and almost disorganised at the back today, i suppose no big surprise when two of the players only joined this week-like the look of the Palace lad though, looks a good prospect. Walton looked rather nervy for a while, not sure if he could have done better for the second goal, difficult to tell from my angle. Not much real threat or conviction throughout in attack, surging run from Nelson, two great shots of a different type from Carey and a missed sitter from Mellor [not really his day] were the closest. Three important home games lost in a row-the rot must be stopped and pronto. Hope the injured players are back soon and their absence with its obvious impact may be food for thought for management and directorate going into the second half of the season.

Janners, Janners.........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City   MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 7:48 pm

In Knights Templars at Temple Meads - drowning ones sorrows!!
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City   MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 8:44 pm

Happy fooking days.

That is all.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City   MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 9:12 pm

We need a bigger squad, before the Jimmy Jizzers say we cant afford it, i can think of fourteen thousand reasons why we can. Thats always assuming the club actually want promotion and are not happy just being Fourth division big boys!
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City   MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 9:37 pm

14,000 yes.....but needs to be EVERY game, not just when the fair weather fans turn up. Totally agree that we need the squad bolstering.....but not with average gates of 8-9k.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City   MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 10:00 pm

SteelCannon wrote:
14,000 yes.....but needs to be EVERY game, not just when the fair weather fans turn up. Totally agree that we need the squad bolstering.....but not with average gates of 8-9k.

the fair weather fans are the ones the club are trying hard to attract
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City   MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 10:06 pm

SteelCannon wrote:

You don't think 8-9k is very good for a 4th division football club and should enable us to outspend the vast majority of our rivals regardless of our historic debt payments(which must be falling all the time and probably only swallows up the gate receipts of 1-2k of our attendance at a guess, praaps the AFT could find out the true figure tumbleweed )?.....I do.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City   MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 10:29 pm

SteelCannon wrote:

lol! I suppose this is some sort of ludicrous comparison with the gates that Pompey get. That would be the Pompey who have won the FA cup, played against Milan etc and have actually earned some loyalty from their public, no matter how dubious their methods were in achieving that success. Argyle's gates are very likely to be second only to Pompey and superior to 22 other clubs in the division at seasons end, especially if the promotion drive is maintained. That should be ample scope for any help that the manager requires to strengthen the squad-how can you possibly argue otherwise?
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City   MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 11:15 pm

Jethro wrote:
so a rookie keeper and cb in our biggest game of the year.... way to go brent
JB doesn't pick the players to sign on loan. 5 out injured and 2 debuts .... thats what can happen. Onwards we go.
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City   MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 11:32 pm

For a club top of the division......I think 8-9k is poor. Portsmouth have larger gates because the people there don't stay in the pub cheering on Man U scoring against Watford - which happened in Plymouth today. The trouble is, they finally come to a game like today, see us lose then adopt the "I knew it would be crap" attitude and we won't see them again for another year. Then next week they'll be hopping on a coach to Anfield or Villa Park. It's completely a different subject I know this but still annoys me. Top of the league and still the majority stay away. I don't get it.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City   MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 12:23 am

SteelCannon wrote:
For a club top of the division......I think 8-9k is poor. Portsmouth have larger gates because the people there don't stay in the pub cheering on Man U scoring against Watford - which happened in Plymouth today. The trouble is, they finally come to a game like today, see us lose then adopt the "I knew it would be crap" attitude and we won't see them again for another year. Then next week they'll be hopping on a coach to Anfield or Villa Park. It's completely a different subject I know this but still annoys me. Top of the league and still the majority stay away. I don't get it.

No, Pompey get bigger crowds because they are a bigger club in every way, they have won things, the only thing both Pompey and the Gargoyles have in common is that the mighty Exeter City have rocked up and beaten them both 2-1 this season.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City   MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 1:49 am

Totally gutted.
Sort it out Reluctant FFS.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City   MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 6:25 am

SteelCannon wrote:

The majority of the club's 'potential' fanbase will only buy in regularly if they can see solid foundations being built and/or cash backed ambition. It is/has been the same at every city club before top flight exposure has been achieved .
Why can't you 'get' that ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City   MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 7:28 am

I don't understand those people who think that the population of Plymouth are automatically going to turn up at HP when we win a few games and have a promotion push. Here in Ipswich people are proud of the club and expect them to do well. They expect the club to be friendly, play good football and develop young players. They expect them to play in the same shade of blue and they think they should be in the PL. In Plymouth, people have never been proud of Argyle and the club have always been seen as a bit of a joke. People expect them to balls it up and there is nothing that the population can really identify as "brand" Argyle. Until there is some serious investment and professionalism at the club (and we have never had either), the club will never progress.

Plymouthians don't automatically support Argyle. Until the club do something to change that then the status quo will continue.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City   MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 9:28 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
I don't understand those people who think that the population of Plymouth are automatically going to turn up at HP when we win a few games and have a promotion push. Here in Ipswich people are proud of the club and expect them to do well. They expect the club to be friendly, play good football and develop young players. They expect them to play in the same shade of blue and they think they should be in the PL. In Plymouth, people have never been proud of Argyle and the club have always been seen as a bit of a joke. People expect them to balls it up and there is nothing that the population can really identify as "brand" Argyle. Until there is some serious investment and professionalism at the club (and we have never had either), the club will never progress.

Plymouthians don't automatically support Argyle. Until the club do something to change that then the status quo will continue.

Indeed. Plymouth is larger population wise than Ipswich and historically, better supported. They got to the top flight/Europe 40/50 odd years ago,took Mariner from us and the catchment area have seen it all and got the T shirt. That's why they still get high teen attendances when struggling, just like Norwich and Southampton.

The average die hard, Avivafesting janner, just doesn't get it and thinks everyone should be as committed as they are. If anything, the ever so loyal , bucket rattling, tent dwelling,photoshoot craving, janner singing, visionless souls,have a negative effect on attracting the more discerning in society.
'Bleddy plaaaastics !' Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City   MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 9:52 am

Tringreen wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

Indeed. Plymouth is larger population wise than Ipswich and historically, better supported. They got to the top flight/Europe 40/50 odd years ago,took Mariner from us and the catchment area have seen it all and got the T shirt. That's why they still get high teen attendances when struggling, just like Norwich and Southampton.

The average die hard, Avivafesting janner, just doesn't get it and thinks everyone should be as committed as they are. If anything, the ever so loyal , bucket rattling, tent dwelling,photoshoot craving, janner singing, visionless souls,have a negative effect on attracting the more discerning in society.
'Bleddy plaaaastics !' Rolling Eyes

Can't argue with any of that.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City   MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 9:59 am

SteelCannon wrote:

In the past 3 seasons, the respective champions of this division have been;

Burton-average gate 3200
Chesterfield-6200
Gillingham 6600

If Argyle can't do something on gates at least one third bigger than those clubs obtained, then there is something seriously wrong. You're barking up the wrong tree.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City   MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 10:39 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:

That sums it up! until Argyle have serious professional people running the club it will always be seen as a Tinpot outfit! The public will support the club when they see it being run by ambitious owners who have a vision they can deliver.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City   MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 10:46 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:

Encapsulates our problem to a tee - you can swap Ipswich with other cities smaller populations.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City   MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 11:02 am

V
Frank Bullitt wrote:

Absolutely spot on. People on the outside see the club as a joke and until someone comes in and injects some proffesionalism that won't change
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City   MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 12:46 pm

Hopefully Derek Adams might. be the man
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City   MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

MATCH DAY THREAD of Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next