seadog
Les Miserable
tigertony
8 posters
AuthorMessage
tigertony

tigertony

Who will get chopped first? Empty
PostSubject: Who will get chopped first?   Who will get chopped first? EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 8:53 pm

Who'll be first for the chop in Lge 2?

Newport can't afford to sack Butcher
Yeovil would be too embarassed to sack Luggy
That leaves
Burnett at Daggers or Yates at Crawley
I'll go Burnett. Sulk
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Who will get chopped first?   Who will get chopped first? EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 8:55 pm

Wrong board Tone ffs!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who will get chopped first?   Who will get chopped first? EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 10:16 pm

Is that Mark Yates? How did he get the Crawley job after car crashing Cheltenham Town? They used to be a decent League Two side.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Who will get chopped first?   Who will get chopped first? EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 1:02 am

Les Miserable wrote:
Wrong board Tone ffs!
I'm certain I posted this on Argyle board - possibly moved ?
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Who will get chopped first?   Who will get chopped first? EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 10:22 am

I did, not really Argo is it? Sorry Tone xx.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Who will get chopped first?   Who will get chopped first? EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 11:12 am

ejh wrote:
Is that Mark Yates? How did he get the Crawley job after car crashing Cheltenham Town? They used to be a decent League Two side.

He did quite a good job with Cheltnum for a while didn't he? Were they not in League 1 for a bit? I think with Crawley their league position is more down to finance than the manager. I don't think anyone ever got to the bottom of where they got their money from. It wouldn't be a great loss to the Football League if they went back their natural home of semi-pro football.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who will get chopped first?   Who will get chopped first? EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 12:00 pm

Cornish Chris wrote:
ejh wrote:

He did quite a good job with Cheltnum for a while didn't he? Were they not in League 1 for a bit? I think with Crawley their league position is more down to finance than the manager. I don't think anyone ever got to the bottom of where they got their money from. It wouldn't be a great loss to the Football League if they went back their natural home of semi-pro football.

Xisle will be devastated
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who will get chopped first?   Who will get chopped first? EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 4:19 pm

tigertony wrote:

That leaves
I'll go Burnett. Sulk

Terry Butcher has left Newport

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34417221
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Who will get chopped first?   Who will get chopped first? EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 5:23 pm

Taken from Angry's BBC link-

BBC Sport wrote:
The club said it hoped to make an announcement on Butcher's successor before Saturday's home league game against Exeter City.
One possibility is former Plymouth Argyle boss John Sheridan, with County chief executive Jason Turner having been with him at the Devon club.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Who will get chopped first?   Who will get chopped first? EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 7:39 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:

BBC Sport wrote:
The club said it hoped to make an announcement on Butcher's successor before Saturday's home league game against Exeter City.
One possibility is former Plymouth Argyle boss John Sheridan, with County chief executive Jason Turner having been with him at the Devon club.

It's still a fair old poke Leeds to Newport every week. I'd be surprised if Shez was keen. If he does throw his hat in the ring, that'd throw up big question marks as to his real motives for leaving Argyle, because the geography thing won't hold sway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who will get chopped first?   Who will get chopped first? EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 7:46 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:

BBC Sport wrote:

tedious linking by beeb there.

I Stand corrected

Last edited by Angry on Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Who will get chopped first?   Who will get chopped first? EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 8:03 pm

Angry wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

BBC Sport wrote:

tedious linking by beeb there.

Tenuous even.
Back to top Go down
PlymstockGreen

PostSubject: Re: Who will get chopped first?   Who will get chopped first? EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 8:53 pm

The Moose from talkSPORT says "my excellent source in Wales, tells me Newport will announce John Sheridan as their new manager in the next 24 hours".

A particularly strange move seeing as Newport are one of the League's most southern clubs. Still, he rescued us from a similar situation and given a decent budget I'm sure he'll do the same there. And obviously they'll love his oh so radiant personality lol!
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Who will get chopped first?   Who will get chopped first? EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 10:46 pm

Angry wrote:
tigertony wrote:

That leaves
I'll go Burnett. Sulk

Terry Butcher has left Newport

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34417221

I wonder if he'll get another management job? He made a total mess of it at Hibs and now this.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Who will get chopped first?   Who will get chopped first? EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 11:09 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

It's still a fair old poke Leeds to Newport every week. I'd be surprised if Shez was keen. If he does throw his hat in the ring, that'd throw up big question marks as to his real motives for leaving Argyle, because the geography thing won't hold sway.
100 miles nearer his home. But yes - still a good ole poke if family was the reason. Either way its history for us and we don't look back anymore. If he goes there then they won't go down.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Who will get chopped first?   Who will get chopped first? EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 4:34 pm

See that Advocat has left Sunderland. They havn't got a snowballs chance of staying up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who will get chopped first?   Who will get chopped first? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who will get chopped first?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: Zoo Corner-
Jump to: