Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Truro City threaten to leave Cornwall

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Truro City threaten to leave Cornwall Empty
PostSubject: Truro City threaten to leave Cornwall   Truro City threaten to leave Cornwall EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 3:03 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Truro City threaten to leave Cornwall   Truro City threaten to leave Cornwall EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 3:58 pm

Sharing with Torquay eh?
Good luck with that one.. afro
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Truro City threaten to leave Cornwall   Truro City threaten to leave Cornwall EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 5:13 pm

Change their name to united won't have to change signage.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Truro City threaten to leave Cornwall   Truro City threaten to leave Cornwall EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 8:32 pm

So what. If I were on the council I would drive them all up to Torquay and dump them in the harbour. They're just a small football club, that's all, twenty boys and a tea lady that add diddly to the local economy. But they're continually involved in the out of town retail/housing developments that could do great damage to what is still at the moment the best shopping town centre this side of Bristol. It's a sweet city and it deserves better.
In any case, in 20 years all these out of town centres will be derelict as the retailers look more and more to online profiteering. But the damage will have been done by then to the fabric of places like Truro.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Truro City threaten to leave Cornwall   Truro City threaten to leave Cornwall EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 8:44 pm

Sir John Hawkins wrote:
So what. If I were on the council I would drive them all up to Torquay and dump them in the harbour. They're just a small football club, that's all, twenty boys and a tea lady that add diddly to the local economy. But they're continually involved in the out of town retail/housing developments that could do great damage to what is still at the moment the best shopping town centre this side of Bristol. It's a sweet city and it deserves better.
In any case, in 20 years all these out of town centres will be derelict as the retailers look more and more to online profiteering. But the damage will have been done by then to the fabric of places like Truro.

Who is going to watch Truro in Torquay? Nobody watches Torquay in Torquay so Truro have no chance! Looks like another lameduck club is going to need to be rescued  very soon by Beemer Boy and his band of Plucky Avivas.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Truro City threaten to leave Cornwall   Truro City threaten to leave Cornwall EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 8:51 pm

Cornwall doesn't need football. Cornwall doesn't even like football.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Truro City threaten to leave Cornwall   Truro City threaten to leave Cornwall EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 8:56 pm

Sir John Hawkins wrote:
Football is liked by loads of people everywhere in this country and most others Sir J, Whether they like Truro's low level stuff is another matter.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Truro City threaten to leave Cornwall   Truro City threaten to leave Cornwall EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 1:02 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Sir John Hawkins wrote:

Who is going to watch Truro in Torquay? Nobody watches Torquay in Torquay so Truro have no chance! Looks like another lameduck club is going to need to be rescued  very soon by Beemer Boy and his band of Plucky Avivas.
Maybe they should keep going past Torquay. Crap team could use crap stadium at Sid James
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Truro City threaten to leave Cornwall   Truro City threaten to leave Cornwall EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 8:06 am

Sir John Hawkins wrote:
Lots of people prefer playing football to watching down here.
Saying that, I'm off to watch Lostwithiel v Torpoint in the Duchy Premier League this afternoon. Thanks/OK
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Truro City threaten to leave Cornwall   Truro City threaten to leave Cornwall EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 11:02 am

BBC1 wrote:
Sir John Hawkins wrote:
Saying that, I'm off to watch Lostwithiel v Torpoint in the Duchy Premier League this afternoon. Thanks/OK
Do they have pasties?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Truro City threaten to leave Cornwall   Truro City threaten to leave Cornwall EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 11:12 am

BBC1 wrote:
Sir John Hawkins wrote:
That's true everywhere I would imagine, given the body to do so.
One day you might get to play Bodmin in the league, or even your neighbours, St A*****l, But that's a pipe dream.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Truro City threaten to leave Cornwall   Truro City threaten to leave Cornwall EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 11:29 am

Sir John Hawkins wrote:
BBC1 wrote:
Sir John Hawkins wrote:
That's true everywhere I would imagine, given the body to do so.
One day you might get to play Bodmin in the league, or even your neighbours, St A*****l,  But that's a pipe dream.
There used to be a Duchy team called Bodmin Saints. Not too sure if they're still going.
We've got a 'reserve' team in division 5, instead of having a sunday league side this year.
I enjoy being involved with the club.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Truro City threaten to leave Cornwall   Truro City threaten to leave Cornwall EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 2:38 pm

It would make better sense to ask Argyle or Plymouth Parkway if they could share, rather than going to Torquay.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Truro City threaten to leave Cornwall   Truro City threaten to leave Cornwall EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 4:39 pm

The only place it makes sense for Truro to play is Truro.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Truro City threaten to leave Cornwall   Truro City threaten to leave Cornwall EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 8:53 pm

couldnt truro just ground share wuth pirates like they were going to in the first place? is that not an option for them over moving to torquay or build a new stadium.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Truro City threaten to leave Cornwall   Truro City threaten to leave Cornwall Empty

Back to top Go down

Truro City threaten to leave Cornwall
Page 1 of 1