Sir Francis Drake
Cornish Chris
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
zyph

zyph

Jezza Corbyn - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 12 EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 9:15 am

Lord Biro wrote:
I saw the first grudging comment of a little respect from a mainstream journalist the other day. And what he said was quite true. It's not just the politics, as everyone knows there are other issues in play, it's also how you behave and whether people believe in you. This country has cried out for another conviction politician, and this one doesn't grandstand and shove out bellicose statements, he just quietly gets on with his business, without briefings, planned leaks and all the crap that people have got so fed up with.
Jezza means what he says. He's doing just fine, and he's irritating a lot of his career minded sell out MPs. Excellent stuff.

Not much in the way of respect from the Falkland Islanders after his comments on sharing the Falklands with Argentina..... will N Ireland be next?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 12 EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 9:29 am

The rest of the empire was taken away. So why not ?
The Falklands have cost a fortune, and for what return ? I thought this government was cost conscious.
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 12 EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 9:38 am

Well clearly not then.

I don't dislike Corbyn. But he has no chance come 2020.

Self interest will kick in sooner or later with the Labour MP's and a split will occur. It's inevitable.

The Tories will have an easy ride which will be the worst thing to happen.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 12 EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 10:07 am

Lord Biro wrote:
The Falklands have cost a fortune, and for what return ? I thought this government was cost conscious.

Best people to ask about that would be the islanders themselves. Corbyn is an unelectable clown, bad for democracy in that he provides no credible alternative to the arrogant and smarmy Cameron and the sooner that Labour jettison him the better.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 12 EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 10:36 am

He might be a clown....but he ain't very funny.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 12 EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 12:01 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Lord Biro wrote:

Best people to ask about that would be the islanders themselves. Corbyn is an unelectable clown, bad for democracy in that he provides no credible alternative to the arrogant and smarmy Cameron and the sooner that Labour jettison him the better.

Rubbish, the clowns are Milliband and Blair shaped, Labour are absolutely fecked if the best idea to get elected is to get a Tory posing as a labourite into power, it's called new labour and is indistinguishable from new Tory, feckin neocons have a lot to answer for. It doesn't matter that Corby may not be the next pm it matters that we have an actual credible party in opposition.
For someone with zero chance of election Corby has got a lot of people worried.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 12 EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 12:05 pm

Apparently he does a cracking Wilfred Bramble impersonation on the after dinner circuit too.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 12 EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 4:51 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Lord Biro wrote:

That's very much the size of it. It's one thing getting a few thousand of a far left persuasion queuing to join the Labour Party so they can get their man elected as Leader. But that's a world away from getting millions of the general electorate to vote for someone whose ideologies are stuck in the 1970's.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 12 EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 6:03 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Lord Biro wrote:

That's very much the size of it. It's one thing getting a few thousand of a far left persuasion queuing to join the Labour Party so they can get their man elected as Leader. But that's a world away from getting millions of the general electorate to vote for someone whose ideologies are stuck in the 1970's.

Right on man, let the search for the next David Milliband commence. lol! The attraction of Corby is that he isn't mainstream, there are a growing number of people that want a change from mainstream also hence the absolute grand slam election of Corbyn the question of whether Corbyn can be successful or not rests with the public and you'd be surprised how many people are dissollusioned with the current set up. Also you don't have to be inpower to change things. As far back as the milk snatchers day the green party were stopped in their tracks by Maggie suddenly becoming concerned for the environment, the green parties rise was curtailed but green policies were adopted (not enough I'd argue but I digress) the point is although the green party weren't elected their policies were to a certain extent so although not in power themselves by just being there they had made a difference. Farage is also another example of this at work.
Geddon Jezza they're worried!
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 12 EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 6:31 pm

Are you seriously suggesting that the Corbyn factor is going to change the Tories' view on Trident, education, NHS, terrorism, Middle East, etc.

PMQ's has become so one sided that it's cringing.

It's the middle ground that holds the balance.

Corbyn is too big of a leap of faith.

It ain't going to happen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 12 EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 6:49 pm

Not when unthinking middle of the roaders are having their day but there is a new and uninspired generation coming along which together with the more enlightened of us will kick your Tory arses into next week, it's coming soon Rolly, the futures bright and it's Corbyn shaped.
Seriously though once the press decide he has got something and they are bored with the Tories you'd be surprised at how quickly things will change. New Labour has had its day and it will soon be followed by the stale old feed the rich mantra from this lot. Why the feck you lot support them whilst they steal our wealth is beyond me but then what do I know?
Vote Tory it could always be worse!
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 12 EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 7:02 pm

This is so typical of the Left.

Dare to criticise them and you must be a Tory.

They are nearly all self serving hypocrites who wouldn't know a principle if it hit them.

Far too many of them in both houses.

Still, you carry on dreaming.

Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 12 EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 8:02 pm

Lord Biro wrote:
UK territory was invaded by a foreign power and it was our duty to kick arse and remove them. This we did. I find Corbyn's remarks about the FI absolutely disgusting. Perhaps he should go and chat to the families of the 250 British Forces who were killed. The man is a complete and utter tool Rant who should not be an MP let alone Leader of the Reds.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 12 EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 8:50 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Lord Biro wrote:

Right on man, let the search for the next David Milliband commence. lol! The attraction of Corby is that he isn't mainstream, there are a growing number of people that want a change from mainstream also hence the absolute grand slam election of Corbyn the question of whether Corbyn can be successful or not rests with the public and you'd be surprised how many people are dissollusioned with the current set up. Also you don't have to be inpower to change things. As far back as the milk snatchers day the green party were stopped in their tracks by Maggie suddenly becoming concerned for the environment, the green parties rise was curtailed but green policies were adopted (not enough I'd argue but I digress) the point is although the green party weren't elected their policies were to a certain extent so although not in power themselves by just being there they had made a difference. Farage is also another example of this at work.

Worried ? Yeah that some dimwitted buffoons somewhere will vote in big enough numbers for him to take office. red card
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 12 EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 10:53 pm

Elias wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Lord Biro wrote:

Worried ? Yeah that some dimwitted buffoons somewhere will vote in big enough numbers for him to take office. red card

Dimwitted buffoons have led to Thatcher, Major, Blair and Cameron governments overseeing between them recessions every decade since the eighties, they've flogged all the countries assets, every bodies pensions and relieved the middle classes (that's you and me) of loads of our wealth and there doesn't seem to be any let up in sight. But why would we want any change?
Boggles my mind foreshore.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 12 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 12:22 am

Bernie in the States, Jezza in the Uk.................. something is stirring.

It may not happen next time but people are gradually becoming more aware that corporations and the mega rich are currently controling government policies and reaping all the rewards.

Give 'em enough rope and even the dimmest, easily led citizens will see the light....................bit like Argiggle really Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 12 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 12:47 am

We all know what happened here when the westminster palace wasn't deemed representative of the people in the 17th century. History didn't stop with the restoration.
As Tring says, corporations and skimmers have stolen the Western democracies, and there is trouble afoot. If someone like Corbyn and his moderate economic policies ( he isn't suggesting land reform ) can't get elected, we have a problem. Occupy didn't work, but it was only the start. These things play out over long periods.
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 12 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 7:56 am

The Left and the Right will have their day. But not yet.

They both have a core vote so it's the floating voters in the middle that decide.

Corbyn is a sap with principle's and the slow purge of his party will end in an MP's revolt.

When his MP's realise they will be losing their seats then they will act. Probably in 2018.

Much can happen between now and then but I would guess that Corbyn won't be leader at the next General Election.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 12 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 10:00 am

Asking Tories who they'd handpick as Labour leader, would bring an identical response to asking Liverpool fans who they'd like as Man United manager....

Liverpool fans are delighted United have Van Gaal.

Tories are uber-delighted that Labour have Corbyn.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 12 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 10:27 am

Rollo Tomasi wrote:
The Left and the Right will have their day. But not yet.

They both have a core vote so it's the floating voters in the middle that decide.

Corbyn is a sap with principle's and the slow purge of his party will end in an MP's revolt.

When his MP's realise they will be losing their seats then they will act. Probably in 2018.

Much can happen between now and then but I would guess that Corbyn won't be leader at the next General Election.

I sort of agree with all of that. Although a lot of core voters are looking at anti-establishment options like Nigel Farage, despite him as much of a part of establishment as anyone in government, and due to the collegiate manner in which Labour elect their leaders we end up with Jeremy Corbyn. Whether or not you think this is a good thing depends on whether you believe Labour lost the election for being too left wing or not enough. You only need to look at the ludicrous situation of Donald Trump’s likelihood of becoming President!

Labour tend to do better when there is optimism in the air, which is why the Conservatives are constantly in conflict of getting the public to respect their record in making everyone’s lives better and telling them that making their lives worse is all for the greater good. After being told that the recovery was well underway a few short months later Osborne was warning us of a cocktail of threats, similar to the 2008 crash in reality, although we were told it was Gordon Browns fault back then.

Ultimately it ends up as being a presidential option with the Labour candidate spending most of the campaign dodging media bullets and grossly unfair personal attacks, meaning the Conservatives crawl over the line almost by default, the tabloid press don’t like Cameron much either but his personal approval ratings are high and he’s the better devil. On this basis they have helped the government look strong on the economy, which is ridiculous as George Osborne has failed miserably on all his deficit reduction targets and has almost doubled the national debt in his time as chancellor. Not that the budget deficit really matters a damn any way, the Tories have only ever managed to run a surplus twice in all their years in power. Our trade deficit is absolutely appalling.

As I say a lot of Core voters have shifted elsewhere, you only have to look at what happened to Labour in Scotland but overall due to the first past the post system the Tories win by default.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 12 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 10:29 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Asking Tories who they'd handpick as Labour leader, would bring an identical response to asking Liverpool fans who they'd like as Man United manager....

Liverpool fans are delighted United have Van Gaal.

Tories are uber-delighted that Labour have Corbyn.

There isn't really anyone in Labour that really inspires confidence. Andy Burnham at a push, Chukka Ummuna probably unfortunately I can't see the British public voting for a Black leader.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 12 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 1:36 pm

Oh dear.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 12 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 1:56 pm

More bullshit they would be better off ignoring. Where the general consensus and my feelings on the matter are poles apart is the feeling that Labour has gone wrong under Corbyn and to fix things they need to become the Tory party. This is complete bullshit, we have a Tory party why do we need another one? Labour went wrong under Blair and under Milliband they went to the dogs, Labour have lost their identity and they aren't going to get it back by being Tories. Maybe Corbyn won't lead them to government but I'm sure as eggs is eggs the only way back for them is to be themselves, highlight the bullshit of austerity, highlight the criminal redistribution of wealth towards the top and highlight how bad the Tories are for the economy. How is we have this dread of what a labour gov will do when the Tories haven't cut the deficit, public services are being cut left right and centre but borrowing has doubled. Cameron must thank the lack of the average mans ability to think for himself every morning he wakes up.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 12 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 5:09 pm

Whatever his merits, it has to be considered that Tony Blair won 3 general elections by pointing the Labour party in that direction. When general elections roll around people tend to vote in their own self interest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 12 EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 11:53 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Jezza Corbyn
Page 12 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next