Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Close Season Survey - Results and Analysis + Club Comment

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Close Season Survey - Results and Analysis + Club Comment Empty
PostSubject: Close Season Survey - Results and Analysis + Club Comment   Close Season Survey - Results and Analysis + Club Comment EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 2:00 pm

Hello all

The results of the Close Season Survey - the largest annual assessment of the Pilgrims' progress on and off the field - are released today.

More than 900 members of the Green Army answered questions on their Argyle likes and dislikes and their perceptions of the club from top to bottom.

An overview of the survey, together with the full results can be found here, on the AFT website.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here's what the club had to say about the survey and the results:-

"We are very grateful to John Lloyd and the Argyle Fans Trust for again organising this annual survey, and we appreciate the time that the Green Army have devoted to answering the questions.

"We are extremely fortunuate to receive such comprehensive year-on-year feedback from our fanbase.

The scope of the questions and the large number of respondents means the survey can be seen truly as a definitive benchmark of fans' thoughts and feelings.

"On first reading of this year's survey, we are encouraged by many of the findings while we also understand there are some areas in which we fall short of expectations.

"We will now fully study the results and take on board all its findings.

Where we need to, and where we are able, we will act on that feedback to improve supporters' experience of the club, especially on match-days."

On a personal note, I'd also like to thank those of you who participated and to the club and the AFT for working in partnership once again on this process.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Season Survey - Results and Analysis + Club Comment   Close Season Survey - Results and Analysis + Club Comment EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 2:21 pm

thanks John,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Season Survey - Results and Analysis + Club Comment   Close Season Survey - Results and Analysis + Club Comment EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 3:48 pm

where are all the graphs? why has question 17 got not no labels?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Season Survey - Results and Analysis + Club Comment   Close Season Survey - Results and Analysis + Club Comment EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 4:29 pm

Hello Angry

There are a number of different ways that the results can be displayed (tables, graphs, pie charts) - you're presented with just one of them.

There does seem to be an anomaly on those two questions (16 and 17) where grading scores out of 10 are offered - an absence of labels for each score, perhaps.

Nonetheless, you can see the scores for each option from 1 to 10.

We'll get that fixed for next year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Season Survey - Results and Analysis + Club Comment   Close Season Survey - Results and Analysis + Club Comment EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 5:21 pm

How dare the author of the report make his own assumptions of the results! Its an outrage!

A gimp wrote:
From the article on the AFT website the author of the summary of the survey is making his own assumptions from the answers given in the survey. He's giving his own interpretation of the survey by using words such as "the sense", "might have", "implies" and "the Green Army may have thought..." when really the reader/fan should be making up their own mind from the answers in the survey.

The king of the gimps isn't happy either:

King Gimp wrote:
Love the spin about 56% of fans being satisfied with the OS not being in tune with what 'forums' (sigh) have said.

Completely disagree with that 'slant'. If I had been asked by anyone 'who is happy with the OS' I would guessed it as 'half'. That in my book is not a positive figure by any stretch., I'd be mortified is I had 44% dissatisfaction, even if it was less than 20% of my paying customers saying it.

I would add though, i recognise that the poor old beleaguered Media Dept, has a hard job because of the constraints caused by the commercial deal set up by people outside the club. That must be woefully frustrating at times.

I'd also agree that the Twitter account is very helpful when away from the actual game.

If I was a cynic (and I am not), its almost as if The Gimp and King Gimp have deliberately posted negatively about these results because they were written by John Lloyd.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Close Season Survey - Results and Analysis + Club Comment   Close Season Survey - Results and Analysis + Club Comment EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 6:46 pm

John Lloyd is popular and well liked amongst Argyle Fans Nool is not, Nools bitterness is obvious.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Close Season Survey - Results and Analysis + Club Comment   Close Season Survey - Results and Analysis + Club Comment EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 7:17 pm

xmas tree will be off the pasoti xmas card list after his response to the 2 gimps-

Xmastree on the Official Club Forum wrote:
The author is entitled to make his observations, and would commonly do so in such a situation. He is absolutely right to use such terminology, because he is stressing that these are possible interpretations of the survey. Had he portrayed his findings as facts - i.e. "the Green Army thought" rather than "the Green Army may have thought" - then it might have justified the rather grumpy implied criticism above.

Naturally the reader/fan should be making up their own mind from the answers - preferably without this rather negative influence.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Close Season Survey - Results and Analysis + Club Comment   Close Season Survey - Results and Analysis + Club Comment Empty

Back to top Go down

Close Season Survey - Results and Analysis + Club Comment
Page 1 of 1