SteelCannon
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

New here!  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New here!    New here!  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 9:37 am

Welcome aboard and good luck with the AFT. We need a strong Trust now more than ever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New here!    New here!  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 11:46 am

Another newbie has arrived,
Welcome to ATD. LairaLad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New here!    New here!  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 3:00 pm

If Steel is who i think he is then he will feel right at home here.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New here!    New here!  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 10:59 pm

Steel Cannon
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: New here!    New here!  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 6:36 am

Angry, yes I am of the Battlebus of old! It's now sadly retired. The last outing was over 12 years ago now.

Thank you all for the welcome comments. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: New here!    New here!  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 10:17 am

SteelCannon wrote:
Angry, yes I am of the Battlebus of old! It's now sadly retired. The last outing was over 12 years ago now.

Budoboy does lurk here sometimes. I have some good memories of away games in the battlebus (or BOC bus)- we lost most of the games I saw! Going to Shirley's, Mumpy's Leicester kebab, Ive photographing Gus eating...lol!
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: New here!    New here!  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 11:39 am

Never did battle bus but have heard the stories from Gus. Strangely I saw Gus on Saturday on a jolly with Mark one of the battle bus crew.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New here!    New here!  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 2:02 pm

SteelCannon wrote:

aHH then you are who i remember you to be of old. You will feel very much at home on here. RASTUS free zone though Wink
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: New here!    New here!  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 8:21 am

Rastas......good lord. That old message board got really ridiculous toward the end. No wonder they pulled the plug on it.

Talking of Battlebus, though, my two best memories were coming back from Leeds after losing 2-1, bumping into Stapleton and co and Budoboy saying to him: "We int 'appy, Paul!" and saying that his eye was popping out....

Then there was that ill-fated trip to Forest. After seeing pretty much all defeats with the occasional draw thrown in, the van broke down at Cribbs Causeway. By the time we got a replacement we were seriously debating whether we should just turn back and go home because there was no way we were making the first half.....but a vote was cast and we crazily carried on, only to get near the ground and discover from the radio that Argyle were 3-0 up and that the Forest fans had started leaving. We got in the ground with 15 mins to go to find a packed and partying away end singing "we want four!" to which our response was "we want one!" Needless to say Argyle didn't get a fourth so we never saw a goal but at last got to see the final whistle signalling an away victory!

Those were the days....... Smile
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: New here!    New here!  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 8:50 am

I was at the Forest game sat next to an old bloke and as the 3rd went in, he paused, turned to me and in a measured, considered tone said "I'd settle for a point now"

Nottingham is a great away trip. Lovely setting and you can drink in Trent Bridge before the game. Great city.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New here!    New here!  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 2:13 pm

SteelCannon wrote:
Rastas......good lord. That old message board got really ridiculous toward the end. No wonder they pulled the plug on it.

Talking of Battlebus, though, my two best memories were coming back from Leeds after losing 2-1, bumping into Stapleton and co and Budoboy saying to him: "We int 'appy, Paul!" and saying that his eye was popping out....

Then there was that ill-fated trip to Forest. After seeing pretty much all defeats with the occasional draw thrown in, the van broke down at Cribbs Causeway. By the time we got a replacement we were seriously debating whether we should just turn back and go home because there was no way we were making the first half.....but a vote was cast and we crazily carried on, only to get near the ground and discover from the radio that Argyle were 3-0 up and that the Forest fans had started leaving. We got in the ground with 15 mins to go to find a packed and partying away end singing "we want four!" to which our response was "we want one!" Needless to say Argyle didn't get a fourth so we never saw a goal but at last got to see the final whistle signalling an away victory!

lol, absolute No mods and about 10 people using that forum who werent rastas multis lol it was good at times on there its shame all the battlebus lot never ventured over to the others of the past when that site closed or came here as i say this place has the same feel as that forum but has mods and no rastus lol
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: New here!    New here!  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 3:12 pm

SteelCannon wrote:

I was on that Leeds one. It was just after Christmas and we met the 'Leeds Janners' bus on the way up. Thankfully I stayed in Nottingham for the Forest game so made my own way up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New here!    New here!  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New here!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: