+4
harvetheslayer
seadog
Cornish Chris
Rickler
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Evans to host Top Gear Empty
PostSubject: Evans to host Top Gear   Evans to host Top Gear EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 10:38 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Could be good news for the show, he's a confirmed petrol head and feels like the right fit. I expect there'll be a load of boring farts saying how it will never be the same without clarkson and his forced 'banter' with the other 2but it had been shit for years.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Evans to host Top Gear   Evans to host Top Gear EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 12:56 am

That's a big "could"..

I'm betting Clarkson's "forced Banter" new show will be so shit it will wipe the floor with Evans and Top Gear.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Evans to host Top Gear   Evans to host Top Gear EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 8:56 am

Geddon Trigger. That's a step up from being a brickie in Plymouth isn't it?
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Evans to host Top Gear   Evans to host Top Gear EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 3:16 pm

He has been criticised for being immature, as opposed to Jezza!
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Evans to host Top Gear   Evans to host Top Gear EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 4:00 pm

Probably the best the BBC could have hoped for.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Evans to host Top Gear   Evans to host Top Gear EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 6:55 pm

i still think the bbc are better off doing away with top gear altogether and start again with a new show with Evans as host. I'm Not a fan of Chris Evans myself but this job is going to be incredibly difficult to continue on from a very successful trio ad be accepted by their fanbase.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Evans to host Top Gear   Evans to host Top Gear EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 8:58 pm

Evan's a top class front man although I understand he might not be some people's bag. Clarkson is a cnut in my eyes. I have yet to see anything he has written or said that I have any sympathy for.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Evans to host Top Gear   Evans to host Top Gear EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 9:13 pm

The "banter" on Top Gear has been terrible for years as they were all playing caricatures of themselves. Badly.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Evans to host Top Gear   Evans to host Top Gear EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 9:36 pm

If the BBC were keen to try and continue with the same general theme, then Evans is probably about as perfect a fit as they could have got. It'll be interesting to see who co-hosts...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Evans to host Top Gear   Evans to host Top Gear EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 9:07 am

Czarcasm wrote:
If the BBC were keen to try and continue with the same general theme, then Evans is probably about as perfect a fit as they could have got. It'll be interesting to see who co-hosts...

My money is on TFI Friday Will "Wiiiiiilll" MacDonald and Suzy Perry. Will was brought back for TFI Friday and Suzy was in the crowd.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Evans to host Top Gear   Evans to host Top Gear EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 11:18 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
The "banter" on Top Gear has been terrible for years as they were all playing caricatures of themselves. Badly.

Yes, it was so scripted and forced. Hope that element doesn't survive into the new format.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Evans to host Top Gear   Evans to host Top Gear EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 4:20 pm

They gain loads from getting Evans. He's like a hyper-active kid who has eaten all the red smarties at the best of times so they'll not lack energy, that's fore shore. He is also constantly fizzing with ideas so we might get the freshness and verve that became such a distant memory a while back.

Evans's challenge will be not to swamp everything with Evansness and his underlings will be crucial to the show's future success.

They've done the right thing by starting afresh presenter-wise now they should do all they can to make sure that the new incarnation keeps well away from copying the old one.

Apart from Star In A Sensibly-Priced Car what is there that was worth keeping anyway?

So what are we going to get in addition to Evans? A hot chick, a straight man and a zany boffin is my guess. Kind of like a petrol-flavoured Springwatch.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Evans to host Top Gear   Evans to host Top Gear EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 5:15 pm

The success of top gear wasn't just down to the cars featured as there are a million and 1 shows like that that have come and gone and havent been missed. it was down to partnership of clarkson, hammond and may that won that show millions of viewers and built the cult following around the world, the cars were secondary. Like them or not they made the show successful.

Chris Evans is too marmite in peoples eyes to be banked on being a bigger draw than those 3 no matter who is co stars are. So again the bbc could save my money and just dropped top gear and created a new show instead and started again.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Evans to host Top Gear   Evans to host Top Gear EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 1:55 am

Annoying hyper ginger.
No thanks Il wait to see what Clarkson ,may and Hammond do next.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Evans to host Top Gear   Evans to host Top Gear Empty

Back to top Go down

Evans to host Top Gear
Page 1 of 1