Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.

Go down 
+17
zyph
VillageGreen
tigertony
Les Miserable
Freathy
Richard Blight
Sir Francis Drake
Graham Clark
Rickler
Czarcasm
Tgwu
green_genie
akagreengull
Elias
Chemical Ali
sufferedsince 68
argyl3
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 9:34 am

I understands that Dean Edwards has left his role as director of football at Torquay United and that there will be an announcement from the club tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 8:02 am

Freathy wrote:
Can't see Torquay ever being a league club again. I think they'll go the way of Darlington and Rushden & Diamonds.  Very serious problems as manifested by their home drubbing by Bromley yesterday.

Bromley is my local club........they proved last season in the Conference South that they where a very good away team.....they have to compete with C Palace, Millwall and Charlton plus all of the other London clubs for fans support.......they had a bigger attendance recently than Torquay.

They share their ground with Cray Wanderers who where founded in 1860... one of the oldest clubs in the country.....who play in the Isthmian League Div 1 North.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 11:20 am

I just read on the TUFC Twitter feed that the former BBC Radio Devon commentator Julian Gaunt had died

RIP
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 1:48 pm

zyph wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Can't see Torquay ever being a league club again. I think they'll go the way of Darlington and Rushden & Diamonds.  Very serious problems as manifested by their home drubbing by Bromley yesterday.

Bromley is my local club........they proved last season in the Conference South that they where a very good away team.....they have to compete with C Palace, Millwall and Charlton plus all of the other London clubs for fans support.......they had a bigger attendance recently than Torquay.

They share their ground with Cray Wanderers who where founded in 1860... one of the oldest clubs in the country.....who play in the Isthmian League Div 1 North.

We must be near neighbours, Zyph.

Been watching Bromley's rise with interest....could be the next London football league club if they continue at the same rate. Technically Kent, of course but also the London Borough of Bromley.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 6:40 pm

Paul Cox has revealed how he was offered the chance to return as manager of Torquay United just days after walking out on the embattled club.

The 43-year-old former Mansfield Town chief walked away from Plainmoor after less than three months in charge citing personal reasons for his departure.

United chief executive Stephen Breed then claimed Cox, who had been claiming expenses only and did not have a contract at Torquay, had been in talks with three other clubs and had issued the new board with an ultimatum.

In a statement released by Cox today, he confirmed he had broached the subject of a new contract with the Gulls board. But their failure to come up with a package led to his departure last Friday.

United then crashed to an embarrassing 7-3 home defeat to Bromley, a game that saw director of football Dean Edwards and Cox’s assistant, John Ramshaw, take charge of the first team.

Edwards, rumoured to be on a £30,000 salary at Plainmoor, then tendered his resignation on Sunday evening and claimed the money could be used by the club to hire a new manager. Co said that he was then asked to return by the board - and he was willing to travel to Devon for talks - but decided not to when it emerged there was still no concrete financial package for him.

Cox’s statement read: “Firstly, I would like to wholeheartedly thank the incredible Torquay United supporters for the warm welcome I received when I joined TUFC and for their continued support at both home and away matches. You really are a credit to your football club.

“When I arrived at TUFC, I understood the financial difficulty the club was in and happily took the position, which I knew initially would be unpaid and that this would be reviewed at the end of September/start of October.

“I fully understood the challenge in front of me and accepted terms offered (basic expenses, use of car etc). However, over the following weeks, certain aspects that were agreed were not adhered to and over the past couple of weeks, the news coming out of the club gave me cause for concern.

“My assistant manager and I were the only people at the football club that were not being paid and I felt I was well within my rights to call a meeting and ask for some transparency from the board as to my financial future.

“The board asked for time for them to consider their options, which I gave them. It was at a second meeting that it was made clear to me that the club would not be in a position to pay me a salary of any kind in the near future, possibly not even this season.

“Having family back home in Nottingham to support, it was with a heavy heart that I then had to make the decision to resign with immediate effect as I felt the sooner I left the better so the club could find a suitable replacement.

“With the turn of events over the weekend, I was contacted by the club and asked if I would consider a return if a financial agreement could be made and I was more than willing to open up talks with the board, even planning to travel down on Tuesday for the match.

“Following further talks, it was clear that the club was in no position to make any offer of any kind.

“I do not want to embarrass or bring into disrepute anyone associated with the club and wish everyone at Torquay United FC luck in their quest to secure the future of the football club. With this in mind, I will not be making any further comment.”

Cox’s statement came just hours before United’s home clash with Boreham Wood
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 7:55 pm

1 down already
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 7:59 pm

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
zyph wrote:
Freathy wrote:

We must be near neighbours, Zyph.

Been watching Bromley's rise with interest....could be the next London football league club if they continue at the same rate. Technically Kent, of course but also the London Borough of Bromley.

In the 1950/60's Bromley was one of the big amateur clubs in England...winning the FA Amateur Cup three times.....other big clubs of the time where.....Walthamstow Avenue,Leytonstone,Enfield,Crook Town and Bishop Auckland....plus others.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 8:38 pm

16 Boreham wood fans at Plainmoor!
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 8:39 pm

17 pasoti fans jocolor geek
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 8:43 pm

Les Miserable wrote:

Will they have a half time auction? lol!lol!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 9:15 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

Nool has demanded that the Argyle Superstore commission a truckfull of half & half scarves - One half will be a GT's coach, and the other half will be adorned with an image of Nool taking photos from the driving seat of a BMW, while Oddball gives James a hand shandy in the back seat.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 8:07 am

Czarcasm wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

Nool has demanded that the Argyle Superstore commission a truckfull of half & half scarves - One half will be a GT's coach, and the other half will be adorned with an image of Nool taking photos from the driving seat of a BMW, while Oddball gives James a hand shandy in the back seat.

In the land of the blind and bent, the one eyed reluctant one is king. Geddon James .
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 1:46 pm

Difficult to estimate how many Argyle fans were at Torquay last night most people seem to think there were 300-400 hundred. There were green shirts everywhere on the Pop side. Torquay fans were very appreciative. I wasn't allowed to pay for a drink!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 7:59 pm

Anyone know the attendance figure last night?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 8:03 pm

About 400 Argo I heard with about 10 from Pasoti.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 8:09 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Anyone know the attendance figure last night?
Just over 1800 I think.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 8:10 pm

No it wasn't, it was  1735

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 8:11 pm

The wrongful dismissal case aside, I still can't understand how they can apparently be so close to oblivion, when Thea Bristow left the club debt free a few months ago? There must be plenty of clubs of their size and stature that carry a similar amount of possible debt without facing going to the wall?

scratch
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 8:15 pm

Hargreav.es and Hodges would be on 100k a year between them, lack of season tkt renewals etc
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 8:07 am

I see on Pasoti the latest idea is to have a charidee supporters football match.

Bonk idea really, just get the buckets out !!!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 8:33 am

Elias wrote:
Hargreav.es and Hodges would be on 100k a year between them, lack of season tkt renewals etc

Really? 60K perhaps maybe even 50K
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 2:07 pm

Elias wrote:

crazy money for a non league side
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 4:57 pm

tigertony wrote:
Fan base? Accy had a crowd yesterday of 1400 of which 200 were our 6 fingered friends from up the road. Torquay get more than that. Have Accy got a sugar daddy?
Interesting!

Accy have a huge player base of local lads, the Turks have your cast offs.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 5:04 pm

Nice little ground, I would trade it for SJP, decent sized catchment area with only two shit 4th division clubs to compete with, bit of a history, well managed they should be able to cope at least at Conf Prem level, there are pub teams in Conf S&N, I was at the Fleet Tuesday when they struggled past WSMare, their record is 10 1 0, Solihull Moors are ripping it up in the North on crowds averaging 413.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 5:37 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

Maybe KJN can donate the boxfuls of Bob Marley 'don't worry' mugs he had made, that didn't exactly fly off the shelves?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.   Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Torquay's Management Team On The Way Out.
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next