AstiSpumante
Les Miserable
Mock Cuncher
Tgwu
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 9:36 pm

Just watched the latest episode open mouthed. I thought this season had been a bit crap but episode 8 was stunning.

Its the only programme I have seen that comes close to (and may end up being better then) Breaking Bad.
Back to top Go down

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 9:42 pm

them white walkers are not to be messed with
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 9:43 pm

Never watch it, but read all the books a couple of years ago which I enjoyed.
Back to top Go down

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 9:47 pm

I wasn't interested originally as I thought it would be a bit too dragony and swordy for me, but it transcends the genre. I thought the first 3 books were superb but book 4 was shite and 5 not much better. I am not convinced that George Martin will be able to finish the books satisfactorily, but I think the TV series will condense the story and finish it off.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 9:47 pm

The Wire, Frank?
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 9:49 pm

Not watched it yet mate, it is on the radar though.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 11:06 pm

For the same reason as Frank I've never given game of thrones a try fearing that it would be too far fetched for my palate but I keep hearing rave reviews so I'll probably give it a try next. I've just finished watching all 5 seasons of breaking bad over about 3 weeks and have to say it was an excellent series, good enough to make my all time top 3 with the wire and the sopranos, the sopranos just coming out on top for me. I've just started better call saul which is a companion series to breaking bad and after watching the first 2 episodes it's looking very promising.
Back to top Go down

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 11:20 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
For the same reason as Frank I've never given game of thrones a try fearing that it would be too far fetched for my palate but I keep hearing rave reviews so I'll probably give it a try next. I've just finished watching all 5 seasons of breaking bad over about 3 weeks and have to say it was an excellent series, good enough to make my all time top 3 with the wire and the sopranos, the sopranos just coming out on top for me. I've just started better call saul which is a companion series to breaking bad and after watching the first 2 episodes it's looking very promising.

thing with game of thrones is you have to watch it from the start to know whats going on and to like it more than if you just watched next weeks epsiode.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 8:56 am

New book (6) The Winds of Winter

Expected to be released sometime between 2015-2017, with the novel estimated to be over 1500 pages.
Back to top Go down

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 8:56 am

It is awesome but you have to be patient, its been pretty average this season but its exploded into life this last episode. The problem is that there are too many characters some of whom are not interesting at all, it often takes the action off at tangents and ruins the flow. I think you could write out Stannis and the Sand Snakes with no problem, Ramsey Bolton is a 1 dimensional Bond villain that you just want killed off ASAP and what the hell has happened to Bran Stark??
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 8:58 am

Have anybody read the books?
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 9:42 am

Curb Your Enthusiasm is my favourite, Larry David is so funny Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 10:52 am

Tgwu wrote:
Have anybody read the books?

I read them last year after only getting into the series through Sky box sets.

The TV series closely follows the first 3 books but the books provide so much more background story and history. The only problem is that there is so much information it is hard to keep track of it all, and to work out what is relevant to the story. In the books it is fairly obvious who Jon Snow's parents are, but if you just watched the TV series you wouldn't have a clue.

Book 4 was a disappointment because there are a lot of new (and unlikeable) characters introduced. It looks like season 5 has skipped a lot of the stories from book 4, but I think this is because the writers want to wrap it up by season 7. George Martin says he has got at least another 2 massive books to release before he finishes his story. God knows how many characters will be in it by then, because as Hugh says above, its confusing enough with all the characters in the TV show. There are a lot more in the books.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 11:07 am

Heard loads about Breaking Bad - Netflix exclusive tho' innit?

Best binge-watching box set I've seen recently was Prison Break. Consistently gripping throughout each series. The fella that plays 'T-Bag' is right up there with the very best of 'baddies'.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 1:33 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Heard loads about Breaking Bad - Netflix exclusive tho' innit?

Best binge-watching box set I've seen recently was Prison Break. Consistently gripping throughout each series. The fella that plays 'T-Bag' is right up there with the very best of 'baddies'.

Not sure about that, I downloaded.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 10:21 pm

OMFG
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 10:38 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
OMFG

the lord of light is a dick
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones EmptyTue Jun 09, 2015 12:15 pm

I wasn't sure about thrones thought it might be to much dungeons and dragons For me. but gave it a go and I am hooked. Will watch last night's episode tonight when I get home from work.  

can't beat a bit of tits and swords on a Monday night
Back to top Go down

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones EmptyTue Jun 09, 2015 12:48 pm

Am I the only human alive not a to watch even a second of this Game Of Thrones thingy? Should I? Am I missing out here?
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones EmptyTue Jun 09, 2015 1:25 pm

Seems like you are the only one not.to have watched it.

as others have said if you are going to watch it start from the first episode don't start half way through it won't make any sense.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones EmptyTue Jun 09, 2015 1:29 pm

Person Of Interest wrote:
Am I the only human alive not a to watch even a second of this Game Of Thrones thingy? Should I? Am I missing out here?

You are not alone!
Back to top Go down

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones EmptyTue Jun 09, 2015 2:00 pm

Ummm, I will not be a sheep. I am not going to watch it. I am an individual, I ammmmm I r o n m a n...

Anyway, back on topic. I have never watched............hang on, this could be a new thread idea........
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones EmptyTue Jun 09, 2015 10:04 pm

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Person Of Interest wrote:

You are not alone!

Me neither
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones EmptyTue Jun 09, 2015 10:44 pm

Nor Me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones Empty

Back to top Go down

Game of Thrones
Page 1 of 1