bjorn_yesterday
argyl3
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
argyl3

argyl3

Here's to another 5 years of "We're all in this together" Empty
PostSubject: Here's to another 5 years of "We're all in this together"   Here's to another 5 years of "We're all in this together" EmptyFri May 08, 2015 11:59 am

Ahh well

Here's to another 5 years of "We're all in this together"

in all realism though, with our loaded "First past the post" voting system, was there every likely to be a credible alternative that could muster enough votes in the right seats at the right time to take over from the tories? I say no.. There is too many parties now fighting for too few voters, the voters are getting spread too thinly making it eaiser to a party to amass cities on tiny majorities, so we efffectively have a situation like we have now with a 66% turnout getting a goverment that only 34% voted for.

Really annoys me..
Back to top Go down
bjorn_yesterday

bjorn_yesterday

PostSubject: Re: Here's to another 5 years of "We're all in this together"   Here's to another 5 years of "We're all in this together" EmptyFri May 08, 2015 12:07 pm

Maybe a football match should be decided by an independent panel who rules on which team tried the hardest, had the greater share of posession, had more shots on target, committed the least fouls?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Here's to another 5 years of "We're all in this together"   Here's to another 5 years of "We're all in this together" EmptyFri May 08, 2015 12:09 pm

Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here's to another 5 years of "We're all in this together"   Here's to another 5 years of "We're all in this together" EmptyFri May 08, 2015 12:25 pm

bjorn_yesterday wrote:
Maybe a football match should be decided by an independent panel who rules on which team tried the hardest, had the greater share of posession, had more shots on target, committed the least fouls?

Or who got the most goals even.

Replace goals with votes and you've unwittingly made a stone cold case for PR.
Back to top Go down
bjorn_yesterday

bjorn_yesterday

PostSubject: Re: Here's to another 5 years of "We're all in this together"   Here's to another 5 years of "We're all in this together" EmptyFri May 08, 2015 12:31 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
bjorn_yesterday wrote:

I was pointing out that you have to play to the rules that are in force at the time. It's no good whining and saying that a government elected under prevailing rules is not legitimate because it wasn't your particular, preferred set of rules operating.

Kids who take the ball home from the park because they're losing do that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here's to another 5 years of "We're all in this together"   Here's to another 5 years of "We're all in this together" EmptyFri May 08, 2015 12:42 pm

bjorn_yesterday wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
bjorn_yesterday wrote:

I was pointing out that you have to play to the rules that are in force at the time. It's no good whining and saying that a government elected under prevailing rules is not legitimate because it wasn't your particular, preferred set of rules operating.

One mans whining is another mans fair and critical comment, just because he doesn't say what you want to hear doesn't make it any less valid.
Schmucks like you make the job of the oligarchs much easier, well done sir, reward yourself with a bottle of Bolly on your expenses old bean.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here's to another 5 years of "We're all in this together"   Here's to another 5 years of "We're all in this together" EmptyFri May 08, 2015 1:01 pm

bjorn_yesterday wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
bjorn_yesterday wrote:

No. You made a piss poor analogy which I shot down fairly, and then you followed it up with a straw man argument which Iggy has shot down.
Back to top Go down
bjorn_yesterday

bjorn_yesterday

PostSubject: Re: Here's to another 5 years of "We're all in this together"   Here's to another 5 years of "We're all in this together" EmptyFri May 08, 2015 1:08 pm

Yes, you win. I lose.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Here's to another 5 years of "We're all in this together"   Here's to another 5 years of "We're all in this together" EmptyFri May 08, 2015 1:15 pm

Oh well, the Tories can carry on with the five years of stinging austerity cuts, which are said to be more severe than the ones we have had already.

Labour wiped out in Scotland and Ed resigns, along with Clegg of the Lib Dems. Farage is also standing down.

The SNP have done well, but what say will they have at Westminster ?.

It will be fun and games in 2017 should a majority of people vote to leave the EU.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here's to another 5 years of "We're all in this together"   Here's to another 5 years of "We're all in this together" EmptyFri May 08, 2015 2:39 pm

It's interesting to note that one of the main themes of the SNP manifesto was the penny for Scotland. Labour were planning a 1p tax cut and planning to make more cuts, SNP have said lets not cut that tax and use the penny to fund public services. I can't believe that people would rather be better off by £77 a year (figure taken from memory but it's not a lot) and see more cuts to public services. I guess they are betting on not getting ill or losing their jobs any time soon?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here's to another 5 years of "We're all in this together"   Here's to another 5 years of "We're all in this together" EmptyFri May 08, 2015 2:52 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Oh well, the Tories can carry on with the five years of stinging austerity cuts, which are said to be more severe than the ones we have had already.

Labour wiped out in Scotland and Ed resigns, along with Clegg of the Lib Dems. Farage is also standing down.

The SNP have done well, but what say will they have at Westminster ?.

It will be fun and games in 2017 should a majority of people vote to leave the EU.

They wont hold the referendum on the EU not now they have complete power for 5 more years.

Im looking foward to the endless when is cameron standing down talk from the media given his statement he wouldnt stand for a 3rd term and the tories will want a new leader to contest the general election.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here's to another 5 years of "We're all in this together"   Here's to another 5 years of "We're all in this together" EmptyFri May 08, 2015 2:56 pm

Boris is waiting in the wings, reckon its a done deal. Will Cameron even last the five years? Pretty soon all the shite they have been hiding pre election will come out and the honeymoon will soon be over. Widow Twankey with her fifty odd seats wil make Cameron's life very difficult for him although I wonder which way the SNP will exert influence for a Brexit as they want to leave Britain and adopt the euro? You've got to laugh.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Here's to another 5 years of "We're all in this together"   Here's to another 5 years of "We're all in this together" EmptyFri May 08, 2015 3:03 pm

Iggy wrote:
It's interesting to note that one of the main themes of the SNP manifesto was the penny for Scotland. Labour were planning a 1p tax cut and planning to make more cuts, SNP have said lets not cut that tax and use the penny to fund public services. I can't believe that people would rather be better off by £77 a year (figure taken from memory but it's not a lot) and see more cuts to public services. I guess they are betting on not getting ill or losing their jobs any time soon?

That's the thing though isn't it? Everyone will base their opinions and principals on their own personal situation. People who aren't ill or haven't lost their job are unlikely to campaign vigorously for revolution are they?

At the end of the day we're all pretty much self-serving. I voted for Johnny Mercer not because I'm a card carrying Tory, but because my personal dealings with Alison Seabeck in the last twelve months have demonstrated clearly to me that she wasn't representing my best interests.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Here's to another 5 years of "We're all in this together"   Here's to another 5 years of "We're all in this together" EmptyFri May 08, 2015 3:44 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Iggy wrote:

That's the thing though isn't it? Everyone will base their opinions and principals on their own personal situation. People who aren't ill or haven't lost their job are unlikely to campaign vigorously for revolution are they?

At the end of the day we're all pretty much self-serving. I voted for Johnny Mercer not because I'm a card carrying Tory, but because my personal dealings with Alison Seabeck in the last twelve months have demonstrated clearly to me that she wasn't representing my best interests.

Schmuck!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here's to another 5 years of "We're all in this together"   Here's to another 5 years of "We're all in this together" EmptyFri May 08, 2015 5:06 pm

I agree with you for once Les.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Here's to another 5 years of "We're all in this together"   Here's to another 5 years of "We're all in this together" EmptyFri May 08, 2015 6:21 pm

Iggy wrote:
Boris is waiting in the wings, reckon its a done deal. Will Cameron even last the five years? Pretty soon all the shite they have been hiding pre election will come out and the honeymoon will soon be over. Widow Twankey with her fifty odd seats wil make Cameron's life very difficult for him although I wonder which way the SNP will exert influence for a Brexit as they want to leave Britain and adopt the euro? You've got to laugh.

Well there is £12 billion coming off welfare, so the Tories will have to release that news soon.

Plus there are other more savage domestic cuts coming in this term.

I think the Tories will get away with murder over the next five years.

If they refuse to give the UK voting public a vote on the EU for whatever reason, then problems could arise from that. If the Tories do give the vote to leave the EU [and that is after failing to get anything from Brussels] the SNP will be up in arms. I can see them making a right old song and dance.

I do not believe Westminster will be allowing another Scottish referendum and that could mean that the only way the SNP and Scotland could go all independent, is leave of their own accord. The damage that such a move like that would cause would be severe.

Finally, regarding those North of the border.

Other than making a song and dance or jumping up and down, what can the SNP really do in Westminster. Is it sod all or do they have some very slight power ?.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here's to another 5 years of "We're all in this together"   Here's to another 5 years of "We're all in this together" EmptyFri May 08, 2015 8:47 pm

339 v 56 + the 30 odd others doesn't sound too promising but if you have a back bench revolt then it could make life difficult for Cameron. Add in the Labour at 220ish and it would need some Tories to rebel but will the labour side up with the SNP on anything? Looks more like a done deal for anything Cameron wants to do. Slash welfare, of the NHS and lots more money for the hedge funders. Funny I havent heard feck all about taxing the rich, no were going to cut tax?
Watching Milliband tonight it's no wonder they lost, he's very uninspiring. Also I saw on the news that the Tories had two of the best spin doctors on their case, one yank and another Blair acolyte I believe, steered him nicely aided by a gullible public.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Here's to another 5 years of "We're all in this together"   Here's to another 5 years of "We're all in this together" EmptyFri May 08, 2015 9:23 pm

3.8 million votes = one seat.

!.5 million votes = 56 seats.

Time to change the system.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Here's to another 5 years of "We're all in this together"   Here's to another 5 years of "We're all in this together" EmptyFri May 08, 2015 10:13 pm

Iggy wrote:

Have you written this wrong young man?

If the SNP keep the penny on tax and spend it on less cuts and Labour were t0 cut the penny, more money for the voters, and also cut services then it would be Labour voters as villains.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here's to another 5 years of "We're all in this together"   Here's to another 5 years of "We're all in this together" EmptySat May 09, 2015 9:18 am

seadog wrote:
Iggy wrote:

Have you written this wrong young man?

If the SNP keep the penny on tax and spend it on less cuts and Labour were t0 cut the penny, more money for the voters, and also cut services then it would be Labour voters as villains.

Erm, isn't that what I said old man? scratch
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Here's to another 5 years of "We're all in this together"   Here's to another 5 years of "We're all in this together" EmptySat May 09, 2015 10:31 pm

Sorry Iggy, I read it that you felt SNP were the ones not worrying about illness or work!

Too much tea and not enough beer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here's to another 5 years of "We're all in this together"   Here's to another 5 years of "We're all in this together" EmptySat May 09, 2015 10:50 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

this coming from a man who campaigned for a tory MP... such a citizen kane isnt he

Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Here's to another 5 years of "We're all in this together"   Here's to another 5 years of "We're all in this together" EmptyMon May 11, 2015 9:02 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Iggy wrote:

Re-edited

Well there is £12 billion coming off welfare, so the Tories will have to release that news soon.

Plus there are other more savage domestic cuts coming in this term.

I think the Tories will get away with murder over the next five years.

If they refuse to give the UK voting public a vote on the EU for whatever reason, then problems could arise from that. If the Tories do give the us the chance to vote on the EU question, the SNP will be up in arms. I can see them making a right old song and dance.

I do not believe Westminster will be allowing another Scottish referendum and that could mean that the only way the SNP and Scotland could go all independent, is leave of their own accord. The damage that such a move like that would cause would be severe.

Finally, regarding those North of the border.

Other than making a song and dance or jumping up and down, what can the SNP really do in Westminster. Is it sod all or do they have some very slight power ?.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Here's to another 5 years of "We're all in this together"   Here's to another 5 years of "We're all in this together" EmptyMon May 11, 2015 11:52 pm

It'll be interesting. The SNP used to refer to Scottish Labour MPs in opposition as the 'Feeble Fifty'. What can they realistically do?
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Here's to another 5 years of "We're all in this together"   Here's to another 5 years of "We're all in this together" EmptyTue May 12, 2015 12:20 am

VillageGreen wrote:

[/quote]

Fecking Sweaty wankers can feck orf back to Scotland. Already I am sick to death of their weasel whining voices.

They have no power, their three issues, independence, austerity and Trident are off the table for every other party, Cameron will give them fiscal autonomy then scrap Barnett, that will leave them with a huge black hole in their finances.

Feck'em, I would rather deal with the fecking Cornish.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Here's to another 5 years of "We're all in this together"   Here's to another 5 years of "We're all in this together" Empty

Back to top Go down

Here's to another 5 years of "We're all in this together"
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next