Elias
pepsipete
Freathy
Les Miserable
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Brother Cadfael of Shrewsbury Match Thread Empty
PostSubject: Brother Cadfael of Shrewsbury Match Thread   Brother Cadfael of Shrewsbury Match Thread EmptyFri May 01, 2015 7:38 pm

So are we bothered by this result or not is it important to go for the win or just play it safe and hope no one picks up a knock or a red from next week?

Im going for a draw. It will be a very tough game as Shrewsbury need to right result here and at burton to win the title so they will be up for it for shore.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Brother Cadfael of Shrewsbury Match Thread   Brother Cadfael of Shrewsbury Match Thread EmptyFri May 01, 2015 7:53 pm

Don't really care about the result as long as we make the ploffs. No injuries required foreshore. Love the thread title Angers, old Cadfael was a shrewd dude.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brother Cadfael of Shrewsbury Match Thread   Brother Cadfael of Shrewsbury Match Thread EmptyFri May 01, 2015 8:00 pm

For the younglings Cadfael was an 90's tv series about a monk who solves murders in midst of the english civil war (stephen and matilida one) good show in fact. it was also a book series too.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Brother Cadfael of Shrewsbury Match Thread   Brother Cadfael of Shrewsbury Match Thread EmptyFri May 01, 2015 8:57 pm

We'll obviously lose so tomorrow's job is somehow keeping it down to a 2 or 3 goal defeat.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Brother Cadfael of Shrewsbury Match Thread   Brother Cadfael of Shrewsbury Match Thread EmptyFri May 01, 2015 9:28 pm

There used to be a radio programme "Much Binding in the Marsh"  one of the catch phrases was "It's being so cheerful that keeps me going" after a long list of moans. Always reminds me of Freathy.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Brother Cadfael of Shrewsbury Match Thread   Brother Cadfael of Shrewsbury Match Thread EmptyFri May 01, 2015 10:14 pm

Looking forward to it......

Toby breakfast, train to brum then to shrews.
Hope to see a goal ( p5 d1 l4 f0 a6) my record thus far.
Should be sunny but air temp is cold.

Play for a draw maybe best
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brother Cadfael of Shrewsbury Match Thread   Brother Cadfael of Shrewsbury Match Thread EmptySat May 02, 2015 12:28 am

I'm going tomorrow so I had best back Argyle to spoil the home fans' party.

Shrews 1 - 2 Argyle
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brother Cadfael of Shrewsbury Match Thread   Brother Cadfael of Shrewsbury Match Thread EmptySat May 02, 2015 10:50 am

Does anyone else reckon one or two players will be rested for this game ontop of reuben?

hartley and mchugh both have knocks atm so i wouldnt be shocked if one of them sits it out.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Brother Cadfael of Shrewsbury Match Thread   Brother Cadfael of Shrewsbury Match Thread EmptySat May 02, 2015 11:02 am

I hope JS doesn't rest too many. Start strong-ish in defence and midfield and then sub later to ensure injury free key players. Hate to be 2 or 3 down and then having to sub 'up' to plug a leak. Anyway we should be totally professional (as should Stevenage) because Burton have an eye on us.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Brother Cadfael of Shrewsbury Match Thread   Brother Cadfael of Shrewsbury Match Thread EmptySat May 02, 2015 11:51 am

0-0.

A fair result.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Brother Cadfael of Shrewsbury Match Thread   Brother Cadfael of Shrewsbury Match Thread EmptySat May 02, 2015 11:52 am

Angry wrote:
For the younglings Cadfael was an 90's tv series about a monk who solves murders in midst of the english civil war (stephen and matilida one) good show in fact. it was also a book series too.

It was a good series, it is still on one of the itv channels.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Brother Cadfael of Shrewsbury Match Thread   Brother Cadfael of Shrewsbury Match Thread EmptySat May 02, 2015 12:05 pm

About 100 cops at new st for wolves fans trying to intercept millwall then what looked like a copper every 50 yrds in wolverhampton.
Not many argyle on the train even london branch looked light on numbers.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Brother Cadfael of Shrewsbury Match Thread   Brother Cadfael of Shrewsbury Match Thread EmptySat May 02, 2015 1:13 pm

I have just had a look on PASOTI, there are some paranoid people over there regarding the result today and the score at Luton.

''I don't think we can take anything for granted. A big crowd, the final game of the season and the championship to play for they will be giving it evrtything for ninety minutes, we need a good performance and the players staying focussed and giving 100%. We are not there yet''.

We are there and were from last weekend, so nothing to worry about paranoid people of PASOTI, Luton will not pip Argyle to that final Play-Off spot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brother Cadfael of Shrewsbury Match Thread   Brother Cadfael of Shrewsbury Match Thread EmptySat May 02, 2015 1:29 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:

It was a good series, it is still on one of the itv channels.

i was actually watching an episode on the tele when i came up with the name it was a gooden.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Brother Cadfael of Shrewsbury Match Thread   Brother Cadfael of Shrewsbury Match Thread EmptySat May 02, 2015 2:13 pm

Brunt and ansah start up front. Lewi out with stomach bug.

Argyle: 23 Luke McCormick; 5 Curtis Nelson (capt), 16 Carl McHugh, 29 Peter Hartley; 2 Kelvin Mellor, 19 Anthony O'Connor, 17 Bobby Reid, 11 Dominic Blizzard, 13 Tareiq Holmes-Dennis; 28 Ryan Brunt, 27 Zak Ansah. 

Substitutes: 1 James Bittner (gk), 3 Ben Purrington, 6 Ollie Norburn, 8 Jason Banton, 14 Tyler Harvey, 20 Gethin Jones, 25 Aaron Bentley
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Brother Cadfael of Shrewsbury Match Thread   Brother Cadfael of Shrewsbury Match Thread EmptySat May 02, 2015 2:23 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
I have just had a look on PASOTI, there are some paranoid people over there regarding the result today and the score at Luton.

''I don't think we can take anything for granted. A big crowd, the final game of the season and the championship to play for they will be giving it evrtything for ninety minutes, we need a good performance and the players staying focussed and giving 100%. We are not there yet''.

We are there and were from last weekend, so nothing to worry about paranoid people of PASOTI, Luton will not pip Argyle to that final Play-Off spot.
Typical PASHITTY dimwittery. flower
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Brother Cadfael of Shrewsbury Match Thread   Brother Cadfael of Shrewsbury Match Thread EmptySat May 02, 2015 2:24 pm

Think we are capable of getting something from the game today, 1 - 1 draw for me.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brother Cadfael of Shrewsbury Match Thread   Brother Cadfael of Shrewsbury Match Thread EmptySat May 02, 2015 2:45 pm

BBC Radio Shropshire online at the mo, sounds like it will be the full commentary
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brother Cadfael of Shrewsbury Match Thread   Brother Cadfael of Shrewsbury Match Thread EmptySat May 02, 2015 2:49 pm

Argyle bobble hat on, new butchered haircut and cider...ive decided on a non - onesie game today

jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brother Cadfael of Shrewsbury Match Thread   Brother Cadfael of Shrewsbury Match Thread EmptySat May 02, 2015 3:00 pm

Full commentary online the noo
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brother Cadfael of Shrewsbury Match Thread   Brother Cadfael of Shrewsbury Match Thread EmptySat May 02, 2015 3:01 pm

Bollocksed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brother Cadfael of Shrewsbury Match Thread   Brother Cadfael of Shrewsbury Match Thread EmptySat May 02, 2015 3:03 pm

i cant get it to work online
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Brother Cadfael of Shrewsbury Match Thread   Brother Cadfael of Shrewsbury Match Thread EmptySat May 02, 2015 3:04 pm

1 up cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brother Cadfael of Shrewsbury Match Thread   Brother Cadfael of Shrewsbury Match Thread EmptySat May 02, 2015 3:06 pm

bobby reid...my bobble hat did it
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Brother Cadfael of Shrewsbury Match Thread   Brother Cadfael of Shrewsbury Match Thread EmptySat May 02, 2015 3:08 pm

No Allassandra I see, "there's only one Bobby Reid, there's only ......"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brother Cadfael of Shrewsbury Match Thread   Brother Cadfael of Shrewsbury Match Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Brother Cadfael of Shrewsbury Match Thread
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next