HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Misjudging the Vibe?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Misjudging the Vibe? Empty
PostSubject: Misjudging the Vibe?   Misjudging the Vibe? EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 8:53 pm

Are these promoters having a laugh? They obviously wanna get a 'Boardmasters' style set up running year on year, but ffs...Status Quo?

lol!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Irrelevant anyway as I'll be at Wembley on the 23rd May cheers

( Pretty cool lineup at Boardmasters actually this year... Thanks/OK  )

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Misjudging the Vibe?   Misjudging the Vibe? EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 10:01 pm

I have my eye on this one actually: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The Proclaimers, Buzzcocks and Bad Manners headlining looks just about perfect to me!
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Misjudging the Vibe?   Misjudging the Vibe? EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 10:06 pm

And I have heard that Wilco Johnson is doing this one: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nothing on the website yet though and I don't know how reliable that whisper is.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Misjudging the Vibe?   Misjudging the Vibe? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 2:58 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I have my eye on this one actually: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The Proclaimers, Buzzcocks and Bad Manners headlining looks just about perfect to me!

Dang me, saw the Buzzcocks in Plymouth in 1978,think it was in the cinema next to the Two Trees in Union Street. Good gig- old Pete Shelley who I believe had bisexual tendencies, was on form with his double entendres-when the punks were forming a crush around the stage area, he kept shouting out "move back please-it's much better from the back!". queen Laughing To think it was 37 years ago-wonder if it's the same line up now?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Misjudging the Vibe?   Misjudging the Vibe? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 4:16 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Dang me, saw the Buzzcocks in Plymouth in 1978,think it was in the cinema next to the Two Trees in Union Street. Good gig- old Pete Shelley who I believe had bisexual tendencies, was on form with his double entendres-when the punks were forming a crush around the stage area, he kept shouting out "move back please-it's much better from the back!". queen Laughing To think it was 37 years ago-wonder if it's the same line up now?

One of my first gigs, wicked. Also saw Motörhead and Hawkwind play there.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Misjudging the Vibe?   Misjudging the Vibe? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 8:08 pm

Hawkwind, Budgie and Magnum for me there.

Hawkwind are always magnificent live but Budgie... There's a seriously over-looked band. Didn't go much on Magnum.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Misjudging the Vibe?   Misjudging the Vibe? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 7:27 am

How spooky, Budgie was my first ever gig at the Queens Hall in Barnstaple, Budgie (or one or two of them came from Barum) I've still got a copy of Atomic Rooster.
Another great punk gig was SLF at the uni.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Misjudging the Vibe?   Misjudging the Vibe? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 10:18 am

Hawkwind or one of em (Harvey Bainbridge) used to live in North Devon too. At one time I lived next door. They were working on "Sonic Attack".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Misjudging the Vibe?   Misjudging the Vibe? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 12:41 pm

Much as I like Hawkwind I wouldn't want to live next door to them.
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: Misjudging the Vibe?   Misjudging the Vibe? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 7:57 pm

pepsipete wrote:
Hawkwind or one of em (Harvey Bainbridge) used to live in North Devon too. At one time I lived next door. They were working on "Sonic Attack".

'...do not panic...' Smile
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Misjudging the Vibe?   Misjudging the Vibe? EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 10:56 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Misjudging the Vibe?   Misjudging the Vibe? Empty

Back to top Go down

Misjudging the Vibe?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: Half Time-
Jump to: