+3
Cornish Chris
Greenskin
Tgwu
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Royal Navy to Falmouth Empty
PostSubject: Royal Navy to Falmouth   Royal Navy to Falmouth EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 10:02 am

The British submarine HMS Conqueror that sink the Belgrano in new Falklands exhibition

The British submarine that sank the Argentine battle cruiser General Belgrano is to feature at the centre of a new Falklands Memorial Fleet to commemorate Britain’s heroic role in recapturing the invaded islands

However HMS Conqueror, which is currently moored in Plymouth, will be at its heart and become Britain’s first post-war submarine available for public visits.

The National Maritime Trust is currently bidding to acquire the Type-42 destroyer HMS Edinburgh, sister ship to HMS Sheffield and HMS Coventry which were both lost in the conflict, with a view to establishing it as a museum in Falmouth docks, Cornwall

Future plans aim to see HMS Bristol, the last Royal Naval vessel still in service which took place in the Falklands War, added to the memorial fleet, as well permanent loan of the aircraft carrier HMS Hermes, which is currently in service with the Indian Navy.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Royal Navy to Falmouth   Royal Navy to Falmouth EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 10:40 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Royal Navy to Falmouth   Royal Navy to Falmouth EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 10:55 am

Ah, 80s-era Murdoch toilet paper. Don't it make you proud to be British....
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Royal Navy to Falmouth   Royal Navy to Falmouth EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 11:33 am

Cornish Chris wrote:
Ah, 80s-era Murdoch toilet paper. Don't it make you proud to be British....

I wouldn't say the newspaper makes you feel proud. However, the fact that we went and liberated Sovereign Islands and the British citizens living there does actually make me feel rather proud, yes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Royal Navy to Falmouth   Royal Navy to Falmouth EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 9:02 pm

misleading headline tgwu lol
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: Royal Navy to Falmouth   Royal Navy to Falmouth EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 9:04 pm

"Unions boycott war" anyone shown that to webby? lol guess he wasnt around back then.
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: Royal Navy to Falmouth   Royal Navy to Falmouth EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 9:06 pm

funny comment in the thread of that article...

"This display navy may be larger and more effective than the current navy-if the cut continue"

Sad, but true..
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Royal Navy to Falmouth   Royal Navy to Falmouth EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 9:10 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
I wouldn't say the newspaper makes you feel proud. However, the fact that we went and liberated Sovereign Islands and the British citizens living there does actually make me feel rather proud, yes.

I hope Britain doesn't have to defend the Falkand Islands again any time soon. I fear we either wouldn't have the resources to do it or wouldn't even bother to try. Sad
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: Royal Navy to Falmouth   Royal Navy to Falmouth EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 9:14 pm

I doubt we would have the American's support, so we wouldnt even bother trying or even be preventing from trying by them politically.

Which is ironic, bearing in mind how much this country has bent over backwards for them in the past.

Europe wouldnt be any help anyways, they a) hate us and b) isnt any money in it for them
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: Royal Navy to Falmouth   Royal Navy to Falmouth EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 9:17 pm

FY 310 wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

I hope Britain doesn't have to defend the Falkand Islands again any time soon. I fear we either wouldn't have the resources to do it or wouldn't even bother to try. Sad

Knowing our goverment they would probably lease XH558 and Caribbean Princess or something..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Royal Navy to Falmouth   Royal Navy to Falmouth EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 9:24 pm

argyl3 wrote:
I doubt we would have the American's support, so we wouldnt even bother trying or even be preventing from trying by them politically.

Which is ironic, bearing in mind how much this country has bent over backwards for them in the past.

Europe wouldnt be any help anyways, they a) hate us and b) isnt any money in it for them

Most the friggates in the sound *thats not an ocean are either dutch or german.
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: Royal Navy to Falmouth   Royal Navy to Falmouth EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 10:08 pm

On loan??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Royal Navy to Falmouth   Royal Navy to Falmouth EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 10:16 pm

argyl3 wrote:
On loan??

probably lol
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Royal Navy to Falmouth   Royal Navy to Falmouth EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 10:40 pm

Well we have the ninth largest budget in the league.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Royal Navy to Falmouth   Royal Navy to Falmouth Empty

Back to top Go down

Royal Navy to Falmouth
Page 1 of 1