Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Woy Hodgson lives on another planet

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Woy Hodgson lives on another planet Empty
PostSubject: Woy Hodgson lives on another planet   Woy Hodgson lives on another planet EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 1:21 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Roy Hodgson says Harry Kane is ready to make the step up to the England senior team – if a space in the upcoming squad can be found for him. Shocked

I'd make it easy for him and say he has scored 24 goals so far i think you can make space for him at the expense of another. Saido Berahino, Danny Ings and Charlie Austin maybe worth a call up oneday but not before Kane.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Woy Hodgson lives on another planet   Woy Hodgson lives on another planet EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 8:15 am

I read that article more as Hodgson playing down Kane a little to give the others hope of making the squad. But he inadvertently makes it pretty clear Kane will be in when he says that "...he's scoring goals for one of our top teams in the Premier League". Something you couldn't say about Berahino, Ings & Austin.

There's more chance of Messi being dropped from his National team than Kane not making the England squad this time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Woy Hodgson lives on another planet   Woy Hodgson lives on another planet EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 10:07 am

He would be a fool if he didnt call hi up and i think its 99.9% certain hew will. Welbeck and Lambert have both under performed this season so i would hope Woy does indeed give Ings and Austin a call up too in their place. Sturridge is still trying to get fit so Berahino has his spot for the next squad.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Woy Hodgson lives on another planet   Woy Hodgson lives on another planet EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 11:17 am

Rickie Lambert getting in an England squad is a telling barometer of how shallow the depth of striking quality has been in the past couple of years.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Woy Hodgson lives on another planet   Woy Hodgson lives on another planet EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 6:06 pm

Word is that Kane should go with the U:21s.

Harry Kane: Tottenham striker should play in Euro U21s - Pearce

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Woy Hodgson lives on another planet   Woy Hodgson lives on another planet EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 12:07 pm

Should be Kane, Sturridge, Ings and Welbeck imo.

Lambert is shite and though the goals are there I'm still a little nervy about Austin.

Mind you, I make no secret of the fact I really like Ashley Barnes..

Feel like I'm missing someone here but can't work out who. It isn't Rooney because I'd have him as a midfielder, ah.. This is frustrating.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Woy Hodgson lives on another planet   Woy Hodgson lives on another planet EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 12:13 pm

Sterling?
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Woy Hodgson lives on another planet   Woy Hodgson lives on another planet EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 12:19 pm

Not sure he's a striker though?

Kane and Sturridge would be an interesting combo to try.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Woy Hodgson lives on another planet   Woy Hodgson lives on another planet EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 1:42 pm

Josh Pope wrote:
Should be Kane, Sturridge, Ings and Welbeck imo.

Lambert is shite and though the goals are there I'm still a little nervy about Austin.

Mind you, I make no secret of the fact I really like Ashley Barnes..

Feel like I'm missing someone here but can't work out who. It isn't Rooney because I'd have him as a midfielder, ah.. This is frustrating.

THATS A fishing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Woy Hodgson lives on another planet   Woy Hodgson lives on another planet EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 2:07 pm

Rooney should be played as striker or not at all. Whether people like Rooney or not he's still one of our best strikers and madness to leave him out. As for Kane if he's good enough to old enough to play senior football.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Woy Hodgson lives on another planet   Woy Hodgson lives on another planet EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 2:14 pm

Iggy wrote:
Rooney should be played as striker or not at all. Whether people like Rooney or not he's still one of our best strikers and madness to leave him out. As for Kane if he's good enough to old enough to play senior football.

He is going to find it hard to keep his place in that England team soon if Kane and Sturridge are in form and gel.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Woy Hodgson lives on another planet   Woy Hodgson lives on another planet EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 2:27 pm

Angry wrote:
Iggy wrote:

He is going to find it hard to keep his place in that England team soon if Kane and Sturridge are in form and gel.

And I wouldn't have a problem if they did.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Woy Hodgson lives on another planet   Woy Hodgson lives on another planet EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 2:38 pm

Iggy wrote:
Angry wrote:
Iggy wrote:

And I wouldn't have a problem if they did.

nor i its about time players got picked on form and not just on what club they play for and marketing appeal
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Woy Hodgson lives on another planet   Woy Hodgson lives on another planet EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 3:30 pm

Isn't that what we do? Im fecked if I can remember any thirty goal a season striker that any manager has kept out of the England team, if we are talking potential yeah sure but like you say it's form that's needed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Woy Hodgson lives on another planet   Woy Hodgson lives on another planet EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 4:57 pm

Iggy wrote:
Isn't that what we do? Im fecked if I can remember any thirty goal a season striker that any manager has kept out of the England team, if we are talking potential yeah sure but like you say it's form that's needed.

Kevin Philips wasnt called up that much considering his form with Sunderland, Chris Sutton when he was scoring for fun for Norwich, Blackburn and Celtic (chelsea of course) Andy Johnson

sure they may not have been international class in hindsight however there form was oftern over looked for Heskey Shocked and its not just upfront of course.

One good thing about Woy is he is seeing that that he has to look at all 20 clubs in the prem for players and not the top 4
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Woy Hodgson lives on another planet   Woy Hodgson lives on another planet Empty

Back to top Go down

Woy Hodgson lives on another planet
Page 1 of 1