Lord Tisdale
Sir Francis Drake
Cornish Chris
Flat_Track_Bully
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage

General Election Countdown who is going to win Empty
PostSubject: General Election Countdown who is going to win   General Election Countdown who is going to win EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 5:03 pm

And who is Cobi Budge going to settle on and vote for considering he can only pick one and not edge his bets as he does on here and twitter.

My prediction is for a hung parliament i just dont see any party winning this election out right.
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: General Election Countdown who is going to win   General Election Countdown who is going to win EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 6:54 pm

Hard to get that excited. Even if we do manage to boot the tories out, we just get Nu Labour, who are Tory-lite.

Interesting comparison of the main parties on the 'Political Compass' website, which has compared all the parties manifestos and plotted where they stand on a chart. Basically Labour, Conservatives, Lib Dems and UKIP all reside in the same small space on the chart - shows you that the 'choice' we get is only a very limited one. It also explains why some people (and some politicians) can flip between parties at the drop of a hat - there is actually very little between them in terms of political stance.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/

PostSubject: Re: General Election Countdown who is going to win   General Election Countdown who is going to win EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 8:49 pm

Same as this Saturday's game against those east D'bn slack-jawed, mono-celled, joined eyebrowed, frog-eyed, hillbillies.

Feet up, smoke a cigar the size of a traffic cone and listen to Credence Clearwater Revival, and basically, not give a fuuk.

Vote for none of the above, because we're fuucked what ever way you look at it.

Rule Britannia -oh for the days of merry old England.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Election Countdown who is going to win   General Election Countdown who is going to win EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 10:10 am

Farge in town i wonder what kind of reception he will get?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Election Countdown who is going to win   General Election Countdown who is going to win EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 10:31 am

Flat_Track_Bully wrote:
Hard to get that excited. Even if we do manage to boot the tories out, we just get Nu Labour, who are Tory-lite.

Interesting comparison of the main parties on the 'Political Compass' website, which has compared all the parties manifestos and plotted where they stand on a chart. Basically Labour, Conservatives, Lib Dems and UKIP all reside in the same small space on the chart - shows you that the 'choice' we get is only a very limited one. It also explains why some people (and some politicians) can flip between parties at the drop of a hat - there is actually very little between them in terms of political stance.

Very true and shows why young people are so disinterested in politics.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Election Countdown who is going to win   General Election Countdown who is going to win EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 10:32 am

Personally I think the Tories will get in again, feck knows why anybody would vote for them but there you go.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Election Countdown who is going to win   General Election Countdown who is going to win EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 10:35 am

Cameron bottles face to face with the Millipede lol.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: General Election Countdown who is going to win   General Election Countdown who is going to win EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 1:09 pm

I think the Tories will be the biggest party, but won't be able to form a coalition. Labour/Lib Dem minority government with unofficial SNP support.

The one thing I'm dreading is another election - it could easily happen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Election Countdown who is going to win   General Election Countdown who is going to win EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 1:34 pm

Cornish Chris wrote:
I think the Tories will be the biggest party, but won't be able to form a coalition.  Labour/Lib Dem minority government with unofficial SNP support.

The one thing I'm dreading is another election - it could easily happen.

That. Torys will 'win' but wont have enough to form a majority govt. Expect they'll either govern as a minority as I can't see Lib/Lab getting enough seats either. Its all really depressing.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: General Election Countdown who is going to win   General Election Countdown who is going to win EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 3:08 pm

Were you still up for Portillo?

I hope to up for Clegg this time around.

If ever a scumbag had it coming then it's him.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: General Election Countdown who is going to win   General Election Countdown who is going to win EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 3:26 pm

Iggy wrote:
Personally I think the Tories will get in again, feck knows why anybody would vote for them but there you go.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Yet the Labour party still cant look strong in the eyes of the voters even with these gifts the Tories have given them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Election Countdown who is going to win   General Election Countdown who is going to win EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 5:00 pm

I've got a mate of mine who is pretty intelligent yet recently he told me that the thought of Labour getting into power terrifies him. My mother would vote Tory if they told her they were going to confiscate her home if they got in, a lot of people vote through habit.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: General Election Countdown who is going to win   General Election Countdown who is going to win EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 5:54 pm

Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: General Election Countdown who is going to win   General Election Countdown who is going to win EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 12:31 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

It would be entertaining. Unfortunately he's still odds-on to keep his seat according to Oddschecker.

It does look as though they'll be totally wiped out in Scotland, though.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: General Election Countdown who is going to win   General Election Countdown who is going to win EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 12:10 am

Cornish Chris wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

It would be entertaining. Unfortunately he's still odds-on to keep his seat according to Oddschecker.

It does look as though they'll be totally wiped out in Scotland, though.

Nigey is shorter odds than Clegg.

I don't think speculation serves much purpose at the moment, twixt now and May7th one party will get on a roll with the Big Mo, tbh the only parties likely to achieve this are the Kip of course if Nigey can land a sucker punch, or the Greenies if that dozy, gobshite, Aussie bint can do a couple or three interviews without being a complete 'tard.

The furore over the debates is hard to call, the lefties are running around having one off the wrist but I am not at all convinced the public at large will like some over paid, knob jockey, tv, execs trying to set the agenda, this is after all the fecking Prime Minister we are talking about and it is quite obvious the tv companies couldn't give a flying about the democratic process, they just want some cheap, prime time viewing matter.

The smart money would probably go for a Labour minority supported by the LimpDims and Wee Eck's Sweaties. Me, I think that would be the death knell for Labour in England with a landslide in 2020 for however managed to gain the high ground, perhaps a union of Cons and Kips under a Boris and Nigey partnership, as horrible a thought as that might be, not to mention unlikely as Boris is on a huge bung from his pro EU corporate buddies, it Shirley couldn't be worse than Wallace?

The sheer paucity of choice is stultifying.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: General Election Countdown who is going to win   General Election Countdown who is going to win EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 12:14 am

Angry wrote:
Iggy wrote:

Yet the Labour party still cant look strong in the eyes of the voters even with these gifts the Tories have given them.

Beyond the fact that much of that is factually incorrect nearly all of it and more could just as easily be laid at the door of the last Labour administration, pus they did start a couple or three wars where thousands of innocent people have died.
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: General Election Countdown who is going to win   General Election Countdown who is going to win EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 12:33 am

Yeah it's far too generalised. With things like 'benefit cuts' then it's not so simple as that is it, because actually it goes into much finer details. It's such horrendous Labour propaganda and if there's one man who I'm praying isn't in Downing Street come May it's Ed Miliband with Nicola Sturgeon in his arms.

That happens and the country is 100% completely fecked. Ruined. I'll emigrate if it happens.

The idea that Labour will actually get us going in anything like the right direction simply baffles me.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: General Election Countdown who is going to win   General Election Countdown who is going to win EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 4:48 am

The young don't know why the Labour party and trade unions were born and many others have forgotten.

tring Link
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Election Countdown who is going to win   General Election Countdown who is going to win EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 10:52 am

Very true Tring, it's gone full circle now from workers demanding and getting modest living standards and not being treated like swine, Maggie broke the unions and we now need them back, it's not good for the general public to either have the country run entirely by the union bosses or their employers. Lucky to have a club to support, a job that doesn't pay enough for a decent standard of living, weare just so lucky.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Election Countdown who is going to win   General Election Countdown who is going to win EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 10:59 am

Talking of giving with one hand (although I havent seen any money coming my way)
Massive cuts to police and our council tax will go up to pay for them FFS! Still no caps on farrm subsidies, taxing the super rich, bonuses still paid to bankers, all in it together.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Election Countdown who is going to win   General Election Countdown who is going to win EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 11:07 am

Someone shorten trings link please Smile
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: General Election Countdown who is going to win   General Election Countdown who is going to win EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 11:14 am

It's alright for most of you lot, you'll be dead soon!

Disco Mocko has ter live the majority of my fookin life watching the Tories promote a raw deal for most, whilst Labour have completely abandoned any pretense of anything meaningful. Although I am left, I don't want Labour to win unless they do it by sticking to their roots. If they win and are Tory-lite, then what is the fookin point? If Miliband denounced the Iraq war (even "in hindsight"), nationalised the railways/utilities, abandoned this austerity nonsense and clamped down on corporate scale tax avoidance, I'd be all over Labour. He won't, though. Which is why I'll probably go Green unless anyone local sticks their head evidently above the rest. Not that the greens have the answers - I'm not sure they even know what the question is...but their intentions are more or less in line with what I'd want. Waste of a vote? It would be if there was anything else out there.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: General Election Countdown who is going to win   General Election Countdown who is going to win EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 12:15 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:

The furore over the debates is hard to call, the lefties are running around having one off the wrist but I am not at all convinced the public at large will like some over paid, knob jockey, tv, execs trying to set the agenda, this is after all the fecking Prime Minister we are talking about and it is quite obvious the tv companies couldn't give a flying about the democratic process, they just want some cheap, prime time viewing matter.

It's not hard to call. The guy who wants to lead our country, and who might have to 'face off' against Putin in years to come, is running from a debate against Ed f**king Milibean. The Tory press is desparately trying to spin this as the broadcasters fault, but only the terminally dim are going to buy that. Even the terminally unpopular Gordon Brown was man enough to enter the debates last time round without making any fuss.

Hilariously the Tories delaying tactic of demanding the Greens are involved is probably going to back fire. The new Green leader can barely string a sentence together, even Milibean will probably come out of a debate looking better than her.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: General Election Countdown who is going to win   General Election Countdown who is going to win EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 1:12 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:

The smart money would probably go for a Labour minority supported by the LimpDims and Wee Eck's Sweaties. Me, I think that would be the death knell for Labour in England with a landslide in 2020 for however managed to gain the high ground.

You think a government involving Milligimp would last until 2020 ? :O
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: General Election Countdown who is going to win   General Election Countdown who is going to win EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 5:40 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
It's alright for most of you lot, you'll be dead soon!

Disco Mocko has ter live the majority of my fookin life watching the Tories promote a raw deal for most, whilst Labour have completely abandoned any pretense of anything meaningful. Although I am left, I don't want Labour to win unless they do it by sticking to their roots. If they win and are Tory-lite, then what is the fookin point? If Miliband denounced the Iraq war (even "in hindsight"), nationalised the railways/utilities, abandoned this austerity nonsense and clamped down on corporate scale tax avoidance, I'd be all over Labour. He won't, though. Which is why I'll probably go Green unless anyone local sticks their head evidently above the rest. Not that the greens have the answers - I'm not sure they even know what the question is...but their intentions are more or less in line with what I'd want. Waste of a vote? It would be if there was anything else out there.

Yup. Good Post
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Election Countdown who is going to win   General Election Countdown who is going to win Empty

Back to top Go down

General Election Countdown who is going to win
Page 1 of 31Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next