HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

It's Pancake Day!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

It's Pancake Day! Empty
PostSubject: It's Pancake Day!   It's Pancake Day! EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 11:42 am

(That's the Humanist version of Shrove Tuesday - it's always best to keep religion out of things as far as possible.)

This might come in handy: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

It's Pancake Day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Pancake Day!   It's Pancake Day! EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 1:19 pm

FFS! I had scrambled eggs for brekky had I known I would have had pancakes if I had known. As for the formula I'm sure it works but in their example they use 0.15 cm thickness for a pancake, that's 15mm or about as thick as your thumb! Feck me I wouldn't be strong enough to toss that mother.
This is what I use for thin crepe like pancakes;
4 eggs,
4 tablespoons of flour,
Enough milk to make a very thin batter,
Pinch of salt,
Whisk it all up then add an ounce of melted butter to finish it (this makes a big difference).
The batter should be thin enough that when you add it to a hot pan with a knob more of butter it should be able to run around the pan quickly to cover the bottom, they end up about 3 or 4mm thick.
Sugar and lemon or orange juice or flambé with whiskey and serve with ice cream or that bannoffee caramel from a tin with sliced bananas and cream.
For savoury tomato sauce (home made with onion and garlic and herbs) small pieces of ham and cheese or a white sauce with leeks and prawns is nice.
Thanks that's supper sorted.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

It's Pancake Day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Pancake Day!   It's Pancake Day! EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 1:30 pm

Iggy wrote:
FFS! I had scrambled eggs for brekky had I known I would have had pancakes if I had known. As for the formula I'm sure it works but in their example they use 0.15 cm thickness for a pancake, that's 15mm or about as thick as your thumb! Feck me I wouldn't be strong enough to toss that mother.
This is what I use for thin crepe like pancakes;
4 eggs,
4 tablespoons of flour,
Enough milk to make a very thin batter,
Pinch of salt,
Whisk it all up then add an ounce of melted butter to finish it (this makes a big difference).
The batter should be thin enough that when you add it to a hot pan with a knob more of butter it should be able to run around the pan quickly to cover the bottom, they end up about 3 or 4mm thick.
Sugar and lemon or orange juice or flambé with whiskey and serve with ice cream or that bannoffee caramel from a tin with sliced bananas and cream.
For savoury tomato sauce (home made with onion and garlic and herbs) small pieces of ham and cheese or a white sauce with leeks and prawns is nice.
Thanks that's supper sorted.

Oh no it isn't!
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

It's Pancake Day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Pancake Day!   It's Pancake Day! EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 1:40 pm

It all depends. If you want thicker pancakes then you need a thicker batter.

After that it's all down to personal preference.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

It's Pancake Day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Pancake Day!   It's Pancake Day! EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 2:25 pm

p-p-p-p-p pancake day
Back to top Go down

It's Pancake Day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Pancake Day!   It's Pancake Day! EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 3:37 pm

I reckon the recipe is for Yankee pancakes they like them thick. I had a crispy duck and chili sauce one first, then two with lemon and sugar then before I went to bed had another with cheese and tomato sauce, think I did pcd justice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

It's Pancake Day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Pancake Day!   It's Pancake Day! Empty

Back to top Go down

It's Pancake Day!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: Half Time-
Jump to: