Go down 
+3
Tringreen
tigertony
Czarcasm
7 posters
AuthorMessage

An Angry view of the game Empty
PostSubject: An Angry view of the game   An Angry view of the game EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 6:56 pm

The 3 Positives from todays game are as follows

1) We won ending an No win in 7 games streak so 3 much needed points in the bag
2) Alessandra ending his goal scoring duck
3) We kept a clean sheet and the returns of Hartley and O'Connor played a part in that.

That's it really in terms of good things to say about the game. The devonport end saw an large number of F.C. Hansa Rostock fans in attendance (why i do not know) i guess they were drafted in by the club to compensate for no argyle angles at the game trying to dance cheers

It was a shocking game to watch in truth. we didnt exactly set the world alight nor did accrington had we played the way we did against wycombe we would have been hammered. We had many attempts at goal and either got prevented by good defending and keeper awareness or shot that went way off target. Im happy we won A win is a win and all that but if anyone who wasnt at the game today thinks that we have turned a corner with this result is very much mistaken. We got a win against an awful side and still struggled to win more comfortably. Much work is still needed but we have got the win to boost morale.

As for the individual NONE BIAS review of the players who played i give to you this

McCormick Didnt actually do alot in truth
Hartley A welcome return to the side we have missed him alot
Nelson Another settled performance
McHugh Same
O'Connor did very well another welcome return to the side which helped improve us defensively
Mellor quiet game from him imo
B.Reid had a good game, almost created a second goal a few times with his corners
Lee wasteful passes and wayward shots probably played his last game for us at home cant see him being kept on thankgod
Talbot wasted so much that i was surprised Shezza didnt take him off. He made some good runs few good passes but his end product was shocking and his missed kick shot was quite funny. clearly not a LWB
R.Reid battled hard came close but missed the target when he really should have scored on a few occassions
Alessandra despite the goal the usual from him good runs wasted end product should have scored his 2nd but decided to divver and fluffed it
Cox not alot to say really another day at the office for him more stable than Lee thats for true
Brunt i guess he has replaced Thomas for 5 minute cameos

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: An Angry view of the game   An Angry view of the game EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 7:33 pm

Strange game. 21 goal attempts we had, apparently. I think 16 or 17 of them probably came in the 2nd half. After an utterly forgettable 1st half, Lewi comes up trumps with a great finish.

I lost count of the number of chances created 2nd half that ended up in row Z of the Demport.

3 or 4 nil would have been a fair reflection, based largely on our total 2nd half dominance. Yet while it was still 1-0, there were a couple of hairy moments towards the end.

3 points. Slump arrested. We didn't look confident at all, (and Accy were shite) but a win is a win and hopefully breeds confidence ahead of a tough game Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: An Angry view of the game   An Angry view of the game EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 9:42 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

3 points. Slump arrested.
Think I'll stop there. Who's next?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: An Angry view of the game   An Angry view of the game EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 10:16 pm

tigertony wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Corrugated Wrappers 2nd X1 ?

Enjoy the ride.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Angry view of the game   An Angry view of the game EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 10:51 pm

In the name of Aviva.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: An Angry view of the game   An Angry view of the game EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 1:27 pm

Tringreen wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Corrugated Wrappers 2nd X1 ?

Enjoy the ride.
Tring - you're mellowing - c'mon now. alien
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: An Angry view of the game   An Angry view of the game EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 4:01 pm

Just seen this on an Accy site

Positives,keeper,gornell battled and we controlled Reid and Alexandra's threat for large periods.
Before we get too down hearted, four of their team are on £5k a week and five on £4k ,just shows what we are up against,it's going to tough KTF

Really???
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: An Angry view of the game   An Angry view of the game EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 4:02 pm

Seems about right. We did only score once.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Angry view of the game   An Angry view of the game EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 4:08 pm

tigertony wrote:

Positives,keeper,gornell battled and we controlled Reid and Alexandra's threat for large periods.
Before we get too down hearted, four of their team are on £5k a week and five on £4k ,just shows what we are up against,it's going to tough KTF

Really???

they defended well but they did next to nothing other than that really. Reid and Alessandra had many of their attempts go way off target.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: An Angry view of the game   An Angry view of the game EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 4:28 pm

tigertony wrote:

Really???

(4 x £5000 x 52) + ( 5 x £4000 x 52) = £2.08m

Assuming that we are maxing out the 55% for the salary cap we'd need a turnover of at least £3.78m to allow it.

And then we'd be fielding a team of 9 players (no subs) every week in every match.

On that basis I'm calling bullshit on the original hypothesis.

I wonder where that info came from?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: An Angry view of the game   An Angry view of the game EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 4:46 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
tigertony wrote:

Really???

(4 x £5000 x 52) + ( 5 x £4000 x 52) = £2.08m

Assuming that we are maxing out the 55% for the salary cap we'd need a turnover of at least £3.78m to allow it.

And then we'd be fielding a team of 9 players (no subs) every week in every match.

On that basis I'm calling bullshit on the original hypothesis.

I wonder where that info came from?

There's no way we're paying that much. We 'took on' O'Connor's contract when he left Blackburn, so it's possible he's on a fair whack. After his exploits last season I suspect Reuben is also on a decent salary, but I very much doubt that either of them are getting 5k a week. I suspect the rest of the squad are on 2k a week max. I certainly hope we're not paying them more than that given the quality of their performances.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: An Angry view of the game   An Angry view of the game EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 7:46 pm

No way those figures are correct and WTF is Tringy looking at Accrington's fans forum Smile

Cambridge were widely publicised to have a 1.5M turnover. Reid will be one of the top earners, if not the top earner, for this division. I would be surprised if more than 2-3 were on more than 1.5k a week other than Reid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Angry view of the game   An Angry view of the game Empty

Back to top Go down

An Angry view of the game
Page 1 of 1