AuthorMessage
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

FA CUP RESULTS! Empty
PostSubject: FA CUP RESULTS!   FA CUP RESULTS! EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 5:03 pm

WTF? Crazy.
Back to top Go down

FA CUP RESULTS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: FA CUP RESULTS!   FA CUP RESULTS! EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 5:04 pm

Holy shit Chelsea
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

FA CUP RESULTS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: FA CUP RESULTS!   FA CUP RESULTS! EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 5:23 pm

Mourinho apparently congratulated every Bradford player personally in the away dressing room. Louis van Gaal blames the referee and doesn't give Cambridge any credit. You know you're an ocean-going moron when you'e made to look unsporting by José Mourinho.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

FA CUP RESULTS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: FA CUP RESULTS!   FA CUP RESULTS! EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 5:24 pm

Dodgy.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

FA CUP RESULTS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: FA CUP RESULTS!   FA CUP RESULTS! EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 6:04 pm

Chelsea and city fans welcome to our world! well done Bradfud and Boro.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

FA CUP RESULTS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: FA CUP RESULTS!   FA CUP RESULTS! EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 6:17 pm

Unbelieeeeeeevable Jeff.
Back to top Go down

FA CUP RESULTS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: FA CUP RESULTS!   FA CUP RESULTS! EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 6:33 pm

a friend of a friend has just posted his betting slip on facebook,
he put 50p on palace,boro.bradford. leicester and another team...... £14,0000 profit...GEDDON
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

FA CUP RESULTS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: FA CUP RESULTS!   FA CUP RESULTS! EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 7:06 pm

alannotivvy wrote:
a friend of a friend has just posted his betting slip on facebook,
he put 50p on palace,boro.bradford. leicester and another team...... £14,0000  profit...GEDDON

Does he want to buy a football club?
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

FA CUP RESULTS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: FA CUP RESULTS!   FA CUP RESULTS! EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 3:32 am

Just seen the results after seeing this thread. The FA cup means nothing nowadays, how sad.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

FA CUP RESULTS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: FA CUP RESULTS!   FA CUP RESULTS! EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 7:58 am

I watched the Man City match on live telly down here. A fully deserved win for 'Boro. One thing I do like is that it makes the wider world, who are fed a continuous stream of EPL, realise that there are other football clubs in England and the EPL isn't the be all and end all.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

FA CUP RESULTS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: FA CUP RESULTS!   FA CUP RESULTS! EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 9:11 am

Coxside_Green wrote:
Just seen the results after seeing this thread.  The FA cup means nothing nowadays, how sad.

Sorry what did you say.....means nothing !!!!!.......doesn't it mean exactly the opposite ......the small club and it's supporters can dream the big dream of getting to Wembley....and that special day out that it will bring........the heartache of losing at the semi-final and dreaming of what might have been........that is real football......not plastic Premiership foreigners....who only play for wedges of cash.

That Financial windfall that the Cup can bring to the minnows......just ask Cambridge.
Back to top Go down

FA CUP RESULTS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: FA CUP RESULTS!   FA CUP RESULTS! EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 10:27 am

Charlie Wood wrote:
I watched the Man City match on live telly down here. A fully deserved win for 'Boro. One thing I do like is that it makes the wider world, who are fed a continuous stream of EPL, realise that there are other football clubs in England and the EPL isn't the be all and end all.

well said Charlie,
i find the Premier League to be the biggest load of overpriced,overhyped shite around.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

FA CUP RESULTS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: FA CUP RESULTS!   FA CUP RESULTS! EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 10:35 am

zyph wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Just seen the results after seeing this thread.  The FA cup means nothing nowadays, how sad.

Sorry what did you say.....means nothing !!!!!.......doesn't it mean exactly the opposite ......the small club and it's supporters can dream the big dream of getting to Wembley....and that special day out that it will bring........the heartache of losing at the semi-final and dreaming of what might have been........that is real football......not plastic Premiership foreigners....who only play for wedges of cash.

That Financial windfall that the Cup can bring to the minnows......just ask Cambridge.

The FA cup has undoubtedly been devalued over the past 20 years or so, possibly since Ferguson took his team to Brazil rather than play an FA cup tie, the advent of the champions league and the influx of foreign players with no knowledge of what the competition is really about hasn't helped its cause either. You only have to look at the crowds [although there were some very good ones yesterday] for the earlier rounds and the teams that clubs field in those matches to see that priorities lie elsewhere and not just for big clubs either. It would have been unthinkable for any club to field a team other than their strongest one once upon a time and the cup was pretty much equal to the league in the minds of supporters. Those days have gone-a crying shame IMHO but I can't see any way that the lustre and prestige of it will ever be restored, too much money in other areas of the game. Maybe a position in the farcically named champions league would help, i don't know-the cup winners cup used to be a major competition and a good incentive for clubs with no hope of actually winning the league to get into Europe. It's a fair point about the financial benefits that the cup brings to smaller clubs and indeed the prospect of Wembley is still an inviting one, so the FA cup still does have it's attractions, just sad that they aren't as alluring as they once were.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

FA CUP RESULTS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: FA CUP RESULTS!   FA CUP RESULTS! EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 10:40 am

Chelsea fielded a strong enough team, perhaps the team were giving the chosen one a message, we decide if we win or lose.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

FA CUP RESULTS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: FA CUP RESULTS!   FA CUP RESULTS! EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 10:53 am

The lower leagues and non-league clubs still see the enchantment of the Cup and the draw of a match against a big club.... plus the financial rewards that that moment may bring .....to grab and to hold on to the memory of.... during the hard slog of their lower league seasons.

How often do we hear about our time in the limelght and eventual semi-final defeat to Watford.....many Argyle fans weren't even born at the time.....but they know about it.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

FA CUP RESULTS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: FA CUP RESULTS!   FA CUP RESULTS! EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 1:39 pm

zyph wrote:
The lower leagues and non-league clubs still see the enchantment of the Cup and the draw of a match against a big club.... plus the financial rewards that that moment may bring .....to grab and to hold on to the memory of.... during the hard slog of their lower league seasons.

How often do we hear about our time in the limelght and eventual semi-final defeat to Watford.....many Argyle fans weren't even born at the time.....but they know about it.
Much of the FA Cup glory has gone but as you rightly say an away tie at OT = £500K ? (I think) What irritates me a little is that Chelsea lost to Bradford with a difference of about 50 places in League which is not far off the difference when we beat WBA away en-route to the semi's and that match isn't on the ''all time cup shocks''
Back to top Go down
swampy

FA CUP RESULTS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: FA CUP RESULTS!   FA CUP RESULTS! EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 11:20 pm

A little bit different Tony. Chelsea are top of the league and one of the strongest 3 or 4 squads in Europe. Albion were struggling at the foot of the table like Leicester or Burnley today and got relegated that season. Still it was a great day out driving up from Truro that day. A bit of the magic has been lost for sure with the top teams tending to rest a lot of players these days with the league taking such financial priority. Also of course for the elite teams the Champions league is so important now with rich rewards for finishing only 4th in the Premier league.
Back to top Go down

FA CUP RESULTS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: FA CUP RESULTS!   FA CUP RESULTS! EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 11:55 pm

Just seen the Bradford goals, what a strike for their 3rd :O
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

FA CUP RESULTS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: FA CUP RESULTS!   FA CUP RESULTS! EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 2:03 am

swampy wrote:
A little bit different Tony.

D'you think?

West Brom didn't in fact go down that season but they were a below par side with the standard domestic squad for the time, foreigners were rare, certainly nothing to compare with the glittering array of world stars Chelsea can call upon, 'fuds success is massive in comparison, I dunno what Tony has been smoking but I wouldn't mind an eighth of it.

Great day for ex City lads with George Friend a major part of Boro's win and Dean Moxey playing for Bolton at Liverpool, but I guess we have a little more feeling for our old boys as generally they don't shaft us when they move on to bigger and better things.
Back to top Go down
swampy

FA CUP RESULTS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: FA CUP RESULTS!   FA CUP RESULTS! EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 2:34 am

You are correct LT they didn't go down, escaping on the final day of the season and were 4th bottom when we played them in that 6th round tie.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

FA CUP RESULTS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: FA CUP RESULTS!   FA CUP RESULTS! EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 7:22 am

Lord Tisdale wrote:
swampy wrote:

D'you think?

West Brom didn't in fact go down that season but they were a below par side with the standard domestic squad for the time, foreigners were rare, certainly nothing to compare with the glittering array of world stars Chelsea can call upon, 'fuds success is massive in comparison, I dunno what Tony has been smoking but I wouldn't mind an eighth of it.

Great day for ex City lads with George Friend a major part of Boro's win and Dean Moxey playing for Bolton at Liverpool, but I guess we have a little more feeling for our old boys as generally they don't shaft us when they move on to bigger and better things.

No Tis. You have a lot more feeling because when your best players leave there is an absolute inevitability about it. For us, with stronger people at he helm, there would have been a genuine chance of keeping a lot of our best players in the last 5 or 10 years.

But again, that's merely a reflection of gulf in potential and expectation between our two clubs.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

FA CUP RESULTS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: FA CUP RESULTS!   FA CUP RESULTS! EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 12:56 am

Czarcasm wrote:
But again, that's merely a reflection of gulf in potential and expectation between our two clubs.

The only gap that matters Czarky is that precious single point which keeps our tiny little club above your comatose behemoth.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

FA CUP RESULTS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: FA CUP RESULTS!   FA CUP RESULTS! EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 8:32 am

Lord Tisdale wrote:
swampy wrote:

D'you think?

There was another factor that day to be taken into account-the return of the prodigal son John Giles as manager, with his sidekicks Hunter and Stiles [now there was a formidable threesome, on the pitch at least].Huge reception for them when they stepped out onto the pitch, Giles had led them to promotion and good first division finishes previously.WBA did have some good players such as Statham,Thompson,Jol,Zondervan,Morley etc and it was all set up for them to hammer Argyle but they were very much second best in that match.One of the best Argyle away performances and the reception for the WBA team and management was a bit more muted [to say the least] after the game. Great day out.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

FA CUP RESULTS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: FA CUP RESULTS!   FA CUP RESULTS! EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 8:48 am

Always remember that WBA game because I was on a school Skiing trip in Italy. Alway remember ringing home to get the score with all of us crowding around the phone. Cue mass celebrations and pasting our Young Wop counterparts at table football to celebrate Razz
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

FA CUP RESULTS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: FA CUP RESULTS!   FA CUP RESULTS! EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 1:31 pm

Brilliant day, result and atmosphere, remember kids being passed over the top of the crowd, probably the most packed away end I can ever remember being in, the crush was so powerful your feet were lifted off the ground as everyone surged en masse, scary but fcukin exciting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

FA CUP RESULTS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: FA CUP RESULTS!   FA CUP RESULTS! Empty

Back to top Go down

FA CUP RESULTS!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next