The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Martyn Starnes 8/01/15

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Martyn Starnes 8/01/15 Empty
PostSubject: Martyn Starnes 8/01/15   Martyn Starnes 8/01/15 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 6:38 am

ANOTHER New Year, another transfer window and there’s already been significant activity with over 50 players making permanent or temporary moves.

We would like to extend the loans of Bobby Reid, Anthony O’Connor and Andy Kellett and we are currently in discussions with their parent clubs. Hopefully, there will be some good news emanating from these negotiations but nothing is as yet guaranteed.

Despite the disappointing results over the Christmas and new year period we remain in a good position to maintain our push towards the ultimate goal of promotion to League One.

John Sheridan is looking for opportunities to strengthen the squad for the second half of the season and if the right players becomes available we will certainly look to bring them in.

The attendance and support from the Green Army for our last home game was magnificent and it was unfortunate we were reduced to 10 men so early in the game when Aaron Bentley was sent off.

The young man was devastated to receive a red card but he will learn from the situation and, hopefully, that will stand him in good stead for the rest of his career. Even with a player short I thought the team played well and we certainly didn't deserve to lose the game.

But I've seen this many times before. There's always a setback or a blip after a little spell of success and the important thing is to react positively, maintain confidence and put another unbeaten run together. All of our remaining fixtures are important but the next two games take on additional significance as they are against teams immediately above us in the division. Winning both these games would put us in an extremely good position to maintain a promotion challenge. The team will be focused accordingly.

On a more sombre note I attended the funeral of former Club Chairman Peter Bloom with my fellow director Tony Wrathall earlier this week.

Although I had never met Peter it was clear to me that he was a man that was held in the highest esteem.

He was a very committed supporter of Argyle and did a great job whilst he was on the board during a successful period in the club's history.

We will be paying tribute to Peter in our Luton match day programme and we will be holding a minute's applause before the game. Members of his family are expected to be in attendance.

Finally, I would like to thank everyone for their loyal support during 2014.

With the backing of the Green Army in full voice we can hopefully achieve the success for the club we all crave in 2015.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes 8/01/15   Martyn Starnes 8/01/15 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 7:31 am

Thank you Martyn.

And your thoughts on off the pitch matters?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes 8/01/15   Martyn Starnes 8/01/15 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 8:31 am

Cracking update, comprehensively covering all the main issues facing PAFC don't you think?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes 8/01/15   Martyn Starnes 8/01/15 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 11:28 am

Let's hope that with all the off pitch debacle that the board have realised that promotion is getting shit or bust now, it's the route we should have taken first and foremost, we await the new additions with bated breath.
Back to top Go down
argyle_till_i_die

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes 8/01/15   Martyn Starnes 8/01/15 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 1:15 pm

I thought it was a good update, honest etc. but agree that it fails to acknowledge the elephant in the room.

I guess he could argue that's more Citi-Brent's responsibility
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes 8/01/15   Martyn Starnes 8/01/15 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 7:05 pm

Agree - think its a good update. The stand stuff is for Brent to update us on, Starnes is responable for the day to day stuff.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes 8/01/15   Martyn Starnes 8/01/15 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 7:49 pm

Womble wrote:
Agree - think its a good update.  The stand stuff is for Brent to update us on, Starnes is responable for the day to day stuff.

Au contraire...

Didn't Martyn Starnes take the issue of a supporters bar under his wing? Where is that going if not 'the stand'?

I notice we're short an update on that situation.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes 8/01/15   Martyn Starnes 8/01/15 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 7:54 pm

The tree is dead, James... lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes 8/01/15   Martyn Starnes 8/01/15 Empty

Back to top Go down

Martyn Starnes 8/01/15
Page 1 of 1