AstiSpumante
mouldyoldgoat
Tgwu
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Argyle to channel 5 Empty
PostSubject: Argyle to channel 5   Argyle to channel 5 EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 10:58 pm

BBC set to lose Football League  highlights show to Channel 5

The Football League is set to announce that the BBC has lost the rights to the weekly highlights show to Channel 5.

It is understood Channel 5 will show the highlights at 9pm on Saturday evenings with the prime-time TV slot hugely appealing to the Football League clubs who want to attract younger audiences.

The BBC has scheduled its highlights of matches from the Championship, League One and League Two beginning after Match of The Day – usually starting just before midnight and ending after 1am.

The Channel 5 deal will take effect from the start of next season and will also include Capital One Cup highlights. The Football League is expected to make an announcement before Christmas.

It comes after the Premier League on Friday announced its Invitations To Tender for the domestic TV rights for 2016-19, including for the highlights package held by the BBC since 2004.

ITV, which will be without Champions League football by that time, is expected to challenge the BBC for the Match of the Day slot.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle to channel 5   Argyle to channel 5 EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 11:08 pm

i watched channel 5 once and was greeted by a naked keith chegwin. never once watch anything on it since and never will either.

ps itv should never be allowed to cover football till they get rid of chiles and townsend
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Argyle to channel 5   Argyle to channel 5 EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 11:16 pm

Angry wrote:
i watched channel 5 once and was greeted by a naked keith chegwin. never once watch anything on it since and never will either.

ps itv should never be allowed to cover football till they get rid of chiles and townsend

Chile's has crawled back to the BBC on five live
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Argyle to channel 5   Argyle to channel 5 EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 11:19 pm

Channel 5 football isn't as good as BBC but its not too bad. I would rather pull my pubes out with a pair of pliers than watch football on ITV with them 2 and the commentator that works with Townsend.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Argyle to channel 5   Argyle to channel 5 EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 11:32 pm

The BBC should never be allowed to show the Football league highlights again unless they promise to show all the FL highlights and that means not just when the Championship are playing, whenever there is international matches and the Championship fixtures are cancelled the BBC don't even bother to show L1 and L2 highlights, I knew there was a reason for never paying the TV licence. Cucksockers tongue
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle to channel 5   Argyle to channel 5 EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 11:46 pm

What Pasty Face said.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Argyle to channel 5   Argyle to channel 5 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 7:26 am

I dunno I was kind of with the Beeb on this one. I've little interest in watching Accrington Stanley versus Dagenham and Redbridge. And I guess a lot of people are the same - only interested in their own club with a minority interested in viewing the games for rest of the league they play in.

What viewing figures will be like prime time on a Saturday when families sit down to X Factor BGT I'm a Celebrity etc is anyones guess. I don't think I'll find it as easy to watch without slopping off to another part of the house.

I always thought the highlights would have made a better 'red button' type show with a separate offering for each of the leagues or a purely internet 'youtube' type thingy that is professionally done but watched at ones leisure.

As it is I don't believe for a second that Channel 5 won't still get moist at the prospect of Leeds v Middlesborough and give that airtime over Argyle v Cheltenham
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Argyle to channel 5   Argyle to channel 5 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 8:07 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Channel 5 football isn't as good as BBC but its not too bad. I would rather pull my pubes out with a pair of pliers than watch football on ITV with them 2 and the commentator that works with Townsend.

Slight exageration surely !
Itv have always been rank
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle to channel 5   Argyle to channel 5 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 9:14 am

I try not to watch footy on ITV. They have a nasty habit of cutting to a commercial break as goals are scored. Fuckburgers, the lot of em.

I'd rather my dog licked my piss-pipe than watch Chiles and co trying to present a footy program.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle to channel 5   Argyle to channel 5 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 9:53 am

I'm pretty sure I saw Chiles in Nookey last Saturday.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Argyle to channel 5   Argyle to channel 5 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 10:41 am

Elias wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:

Slight exageration surely !
Itv have always been rank

Ok maybe a bit.

The commentator that works with Townsend isn't too bad.

As for Chiles, he is a slight improvement on Nick Owen.

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Argyle to channel 5   Argyle to channel 5 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 9:38 pm

their italian footie covergae was reasonable for a low budget effort.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Argyle to channel 5   Argyle to channel 5 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 10:39 pm

Wasn't that channel 4?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle to channel 5   Argyle to channel 5 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 11:13 pm

Elias wrote:
their italian footie covergae was reasonable for a low budget effort.

highlight of my sundays was football italia on channel 4.

Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Argyle to channel 5   Argyle to channel 5 EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 8:43 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:
The BBC should never be allowed to show the Football league highlights again unless they promise to show all the FL highlights and that means not just when the Championship are playing, whenever there is international matches and the Championship fixtures are cancelled the BBC don't even bother to show L1 and L2 highlights, I knew there was a reason for never paying the TV licence. Cucksockers tongue

Again, no FL show tonight, BBC cnuts.....................not that our 'highlights' will be worth watching, but even so Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle to channel 5   Argyle to channel 5 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 3:25 pm

Angry wrote:

We shall overcome some day cheers cheers cheers cheers

both sacked, so finally i can atch England play on itv cheers I just pray BT Sport/Sky Sports or even talksport dont hire either off.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Argyle to channel 5   Argyle to channel 5 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 9:35 am

ITV footy getting better!

Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Argyle to channel 5   Argyle to channel 5 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 9:57 am

And this...

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Argyle to channel 5   Argyle to channel 5 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 4:59 pm

CHANNEL 5 has announced the new faces of the Football League highlights show, Football League Tonight...

.which launches on Saturday, August 8 at 9pm. Kelly Cates and George Riley will be the new sports duo bringing you every goal from all three divisions of the Sky Bet Football League from 9pm every Saturday of the season on Channel 5.

Kelly Cates was part of the Sky Sports News launch team, went on to report on the 2010 FIFA World Cup for ITV, the London 2012 Paralympics for Channel 4 and now presents 606 on Radio 5 Live with pundit Ian Wright. She brings a wealth of knowledge and passion for the game to Channel 5’s new Football League highlights show.

Kelly said: “I’ve always been drawn to the passion and unpredictability of The Football League. I can’t wait to be involved in the show and look forward to welcoming viewers to the new home of the highlights show on Channel 5”

If you cut George Riley in half, British sports runs through the core of him. From trialing Olympic Games bids to World Championship Snooker, refereeing for the FA for a day to Rugby League, George has earned his stripes at the coal face of sports broadcasting. A regular on BBC Breakfast, the BBC sports news team and Radio 5 Live, George has passion for the local face of British sports and getting down to the details the fans need to know.

George said: “It’s exciting to be a new face on a new Football League highlights show which has a new home on Channel 5! With plenty of opportunities for viewers to get involved I’m looking forward to interacting with the fans and getting to the heart of the game.”

Each show will feature extended coverage of that weekend’s best matches and will include every single goal from all three divisions. Players, managers and fans will also be encouraged to join us in the studio each week, or take part in the conversation via Skype and Facetime. With Kelly’s 50,000 Twitter followers and George’s 30,000 our presenters will be able to engage with viewers direct and join the weekly debates from the studio. Viewers can also use the handles @footballon5, #footballon5 and also catch up on Demand 5 on multiple platforms.

Channel 5 can also confirm that Football League Tonight will continue in weeks where there is no Sky Bet Championship programme and will provide a special focus on the very best games in Sky Bet League 1 and Sky Bet League 2
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Argyle to channel 5   Argyle to channel 5 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 5:12 pm

I won't miss the awful Claridge but Rosenior was very good imo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle to channel 5   Argyle to channel 5 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 5:22 pm

Angry wrote:

Good read.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Argyle to channel 5   Argyle to channel 5 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 5:35 pm

The problem with all these shows is that with 36 matches to squeeze in it just becomes a blizzard of goals with no context. With Match of the Day there's never usually more than six or seven games, so you can get much more of an idea of the rhythm and the dynamics of a game.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle to channel 5   Argyle to channel 5 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 5:56 pm

Yeah wont miss claridge in the cheapo shirts he used wear...you'd think he would have a few bob after playing for about clubs 50 clubs to get a bit of decent clobber..hahaha
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Argyle to channel 5   Argyle to channel 5 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 5:59 pm

Angry wrote:

"Until Big Brother comes on, then I'll put it on series link and watch it religiously"! cheers
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Argyle to channel 5   Argyle to channel 5 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 6:00 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:

"Until Big Brother comes on, then I'll put it on series link and watch it religiously"! cheers

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle to channel 5   Argyle to channel 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle to channel 5
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next