PatDunne
Tgwu
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

oldway update - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 7:27 pm

If the will was there I'm sure they could, didn't Brent lose the Civic Centre due to yet more inactivity ?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 8:14 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:
If the will was there I'm sure they could, didn't Brent lose the Civic Centre due to yet more inactivity ?

I think so. Ironically I believe Urban Splash are to be the developers of the Civic Centre.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 8:37 pm

How very sad. The local community have a beautiful asset that is now subject to a legal battle between politicians and a simple guy who has no intention of being a property developer.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 10:12 pm

Good for Torbay council.

Ours has given him about £8m without there even being a court case.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 10:15 pm

Just what is Brent suing the council for? Have they erected barriers to prevent the diggers and materials getting on site? Have they picketed his workers and driven them away? Sounds like the old we'll sue for £75k but settle for £50k wheeze to me.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 10:45 pm

The money from the sale and building of houses on Oldway grounds, Torbay Council put the money in a special bank account, Brent wants it to build his hotel. Torbay Council would not give it to him until he kept to the  contract, which was to repair and maintain the building of Oldway Mansion. He never did, Torbay Council had to step in and do it.

maintenance do Brent know what it is?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 2:04 pm

THE would-be Oldway Mansion developers and Torbay Council have been urged to reach agreement as soon as possible by the estate's friends group.

A claim for more than £8million damages has been issued by Oldway Mansion Ltd — a company set up by Akkeron Group — against Torbay Council.

The company said it had taken the action it still wants to draw down the leases and start its proposed housing and four star luxury hotel development.

Torbay Council says it denies the allegations and will 'robustly' defend its position.

Mr Paul Hawthorne, chairman of the Friends of Oldway said: "The Friends are saddened that no positive solution to restore the Mansion and gardens has been found.

"We hope that Akkeron and the council will resolve their dispute as soon as possible so that concrete progress towards starting the restoration can be achieved.

"We have, as a community, waited too long for repairs to Oldway to begin.

"The important things here are the buildings, the gardens and the public's enjoyment of them, and the Friends will work tirelessly with all parties to do what we can to help get Oldway back on its feet as soon as possible in both the short and long term."

In recent months both sides have been locked in talks and no statements have been forthcoming from either side.

But Oldway Mansion Ltd has now lodged its claim with a court in Bristol.

A statement from the company said: "Oldway Mansion Limited confirms that it has issued and served a claim on Torbay Borough Council in relation to Oldway Mansion, Paignton.

"In its claim the company seeks specific performance to enable it to draw down leases on Oldway and commence the regeneration of the Mansion and its conversion into a four-star hotel.

"It also seeks, among other things, damages for delay, damages for alleged breaches of the agreement, including preventing the company from performing certain maintenance obligations, interest and costs.

"If the court is unwilling to award specific performance, it is requested to award damages estimated to be in excess of £8million.

"Oldway Mansion Ltd continues to believe that the regeneration programme reflected in the agreement it entered into with Torbay Council best protects the interests of the Bay's communities and ensures that Oldway is protected for the long term."

The company said it would not be making any further statement at this time.

A Torbay Council statement said: "The council deeply regrets that it has not provided an update in respect of Oldway Mansion for some time, particularly considering the public interest in this historic building.

"The current position is that proceedings have been served on the Council by the developer, Oldway Mansion Limited, requesting (among other orders) an order for specific performance requiring the council to grant leases of the Oldway Mansion site to Oldway Mansion Ltd and an order for damages against the council.

"The allegations and assertions made in the proceedings are strongly denied and will be robustly defended. The council is, and has been throughout, committed to protecting the interests of the Bay's communities and ensuring that the much-loved Mansion is protected for the long term. Our position will be set out in full in the defence that will be filed with the court next month."

In April last year Torbay Council issued a legal notice against Oldway Mansion Ltd. In the legal notice the council said it believed a number of the conditions in the development agreement had not been complied with. If the developer fails to comply with the conditions, the council said it can take steps to terminate the agreement and seek damages.

Akkeron responded that it was still working hard on the scheme which includes a new indoor bowling club. It announced that it had issued Drawdown Notices to Torbay Council for the next phases at Oldway Mansion. It said it proposed to start work on these phases in May.

To see our photo gallery of Oldway Mansion as it is today click here.

"The Friends of Oldway are saddened that no positive solution to restore the Mansion and gardens has been found.

"We hope that Akkeron and the Council will resolve their dispute as soon as possible so that concrete progress towards starting the restoration can be achieved.

"We have, as a community, waited too long for repairs to Oldway to begin.

"The important things here are the buildings, the gardens and the public's enjoyment of them, and the Friends will work tirelessly with all parties to do what we can to help get Oldway back on its feet as soon as possible in both the short and long term."

Paignton councillors recently presented a petition to Torbay Council calling on Torbay Mayor Gordon Oliver to end the uncertainty and take Oldway forward.

Cllr Sanders said: "The tragedy is that there is no transparency from either side on what this is about. Legal action stops anything being done on this, and the tragedy is also that work needs to be started now and should have been started in January 2013."

I wonder if the pig master offered Brent the farms solicitors? sunny are you reading piggy, are you putting this story onto the farm?

Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 3:39 pm

Maybe JB could use some for our grandstand. Torbay is full of rich old people - they won't miss it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 3:44 pm

Work should have been started January 2013! Has anyone started an Oldway thread on the farm yet? I think they should. popcorn3
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 5:06 pm

Typical ploy by lord jim tie it up in red tape through the courts as the friends of oldway mansion said on radio devon this morning could take at least a year and a half to go through the courts while jimmy lets it go to further rack & ruin with no intentions of doing jack shit
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 5:57 pm

I think a Bucket Rattling campaign should be unleashed at once to boost the Torbay Council legal defence fund..
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 07, 2016 10:17 pm

Just to keep Mr Brent updated

KEVIN FOSTER MP

I REGULARLY get queries from residents about the future of Oldway Mansion and what I can do to help move things forward as the local MP.

I regularly raise the future of Oldway with Torbay Council and have offered to use my ability to speak under parliamentary privilege if this would help bring more into the open or expose issues which might help resolve the matter.

As Torbay's MP I am not part of the council so do not receive any additional information above what has been published.

Last week the news came the developers had commenced legal action against the council.

Like the Friends of Oldway Mansion group I hope a way forward is found soon, rather than see Oldway at the centre of a protracted legal battle, with the only people working on the building being the lawyers arguing over it.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Frank Sobey

As I continue to navigate the socio-political-economic South Devon landscape I regularly mutter to myself 'Frank Sobey, you know nothing!'

The Oldway Mansion debacle didn't have an Ice Wall around it, but it certainly did have a Wall of Silence.

That Wall of Silence has now been broken and we hear the developer has served Torbay Council with a legal claim for £8million.

Some weeks ago I did write an article about the lack of information surrounding Oldway Mansion and worried about the deterioration of this iconic building. My research had been frustrated by institutional silence and other voters shared my pain.

It seems building work may now start in May and if the claim against Torbay Council is successful then this will provide a very helpful chunk of cash for the developer.

Sadly, the flip side of this will be the sucking motion from the Torbay Council coffers. I have very little else to add at the moment, confirming once again 'Frank Sobey, you know nothing!'

Of course there has been a major development on the edge of the Oldway Mansion estate. Singer Court is a huge block of flats rising high above Manor Corner.

This was to be the first phase of the Oldway development, but at the moment it is the only thing which has happened.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 07, 2016 10:42 pm

Wall of silence, lol. We should all remove this cancer from our club.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 07, 2016 10:59 pm

You can take the man out of Citibank but.........................

If he ever does build the ministand it will benefit him , not the football club.

Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 07, 2016 11:00 pm

You up already?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 11:07 pm

seadog wrote:
You up already?

10.30 am in Radelaide, dear boy.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 11:29 pm

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 3:50 pm

I see a link to this thread has be posted on PAFC - Plymouth Argyle Free Chat, but not yet mention on the farm. If he loses the case against Torbay where will he find the funds to pay the legal cost?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 3:57 pm

If PCC grants ACV status to Home Park, will we see similar legal action against them and the Trust?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 4:10 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
If PCC grants ACV status to Home Park, will we see similar legal action against them and the Trust?

why? he said he as no plans to buy by the ground
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 4:10 pm

Tgwu wrote:
I see a link to this thread has be posted on PAFC - Plymouth Argyle Free Chat, but not yet mention on the farm. If he loses the case against Torbay where will  he find the funds to pay the legal cost?

Bucket, rattle and roll.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 4:42 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:

No.

As long as the Trusts submission has been correctly compiled, there's no legal reason why ACV should be turned down. If Brent tries to go legal, he'll lose, and no doubt be looking for someone else to foot the legal bill he'll run up.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 7:35 pm

The next 6 months are going to be very interesting indeed. The dynamics and viewpoints of both websites are well documented. The ACV and Brent's option to buy the ground are looming.......what will happen, which way will he go? How much will Porker and Swine have to mould Pasoti's reaction given that a large majority of fans want to keep the ground in public ownership.

The Trust are going to need some strong leadership, ironically a Chris Webb character who stood by his principles would be ideal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 7:48 pm

He'll clearly support Brent, dressing himself in the flag, stating there is no other way for the club to progress. "I support the Trust, but in this, they're wrong" etc., totally ignoring what happened before, stating Brent is no Todd.
He doesn't do democracy
He doesn't do community.
Us fans just don't understand.
Same old, same old.

I would expect Brent's next Plan B to be unveiled as part and parcel of buying back the stadium. No stadium buy back, no plan B. Club hung over the fire. There is no alternative etc etc
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 10:29 pm

Lord Biro wrote:
He'll clearly support Brent, dressing himself in the flag, stating there is no other way for the club to progress. "I support the Trust, but in this, they're wrong" etc., totally ignoring what happened before, stating Brent is no Todd.
He doesn't do democracy
He doesn't do community.
Us fans just don't understand.
Same old, same old.

I would expect Brent's next Plan B to be unveiled as part and parcel of buying back the stadium. No stadium buy back, no plan B. Club hung over the fire. There is no alternative etc etc

Tina foreshore and of course selling the freehold to a proper (and no I didnt miss out the ty by accident) developer with outline planning permission could always be a goer. Obviously with a few hefty covenants in place to recompense him for anybody getting uplift in value. Or will he just fook Tirbay off for a while and use the £8m from them to build the HP development?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

oldway update
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next