tigertony
PatDunne
Tgwu
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

oldway update - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 9 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2016 8:21 pm

I thought that Brunel Boulevard' is routed down Bath St.

Ice rink/Swimming pool site is for his hotel/apartments/restaurants
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 9 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2016 11:18 pm

Since the Oldway saga started what has actually happened there?

I'm not sure of the details but as I understand it Oldway itself has fallen into disrepair and some of the land adjoining it has been sold off and housing built on it.

Is that right?

I also wonder how much money has been moved around and where it has ended up while this has all been going on?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 9 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2016 11:28 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Since the Oldway saga started what has actually happened there?

I'm not sure of the details but as I understand it Oldway itself has fallen into disrepair and some of the land adjoining it has been sold off and housing built on it.

Is that right?

I also wonder how much money has been moved around and where it has ended up while this has all been going on?

"ALMOST half of a fund established to help pay for the Oldway Mansion restoration and hotel project has already been used before any work has started, it has been revealed.

Torbay planners are being asked to delay yet again any decision on proposed changes to the programme for the scheme for a luxury hotel and spa, with 101 houses in the grounds and new indoor bowling club.

Part of the project funding came from the sale of the site of former Fernham nursing home at Oldway for residential flats.

A report to planners next Monday will discuss the scheme which is already two-and-a-half years behind schedule.

It says £1.3million of the £2.1million fund from the sale of Fernham — held in a separate account — has already been spent on 'fees'.

This is despite initial projections that only £1.2million in total was needed to cover fees for the entire project, says the report".

Source Tgwu 6/7/2016
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 6:34 am

Why do so many of these local authorities get sucked into deals with this guy - don't these people talk to each other?
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 7:39 am

Bandwagon wrote:
Why do so many of these local authorities get sucked into deals with this guy - don't these people talk to each other?
Comes over as plausible in initial meetings I'd imagine. He's come to the end of the road now though for sure
Back to top Go down
Hitch

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 8:38 am

If Sir Roy didn't do failure what on earth success has Brent ever had - and why are people so continuously taken in? Brent is basically the author of a catalogue of inept and arguably deceitful failure. So looking forward to his purchase of the HP freehold - not.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 9:48 am

It is on the Herald web site and the first sheep as spoken.

pilgrimpete  |  August 16 2016, 9:09AM

We don't know all the ins and outs of this deal, so it's no good keep knocking James Brent. If he hadn't stepped in when he did there would be no Argyle. There is no rich Russian or far Eastern multi millionaire rushing in to take over, so while he may not be ideal he is all we have

Ps no mention on the farm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 10:51 am

Tgwu wrote:

We don't know all the ins and outs of this deal, so it's no good keep knocking James Brent. If he hadn't stepped in when he did there would be no Argyle. There is no rich Russian or far Eastern multi millionaire rushing in to take over, so while he may not be ideal he is all we have

brent worship Sheep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 4:23 pm

Tgwu wrote:

Do we absolutely, 100% know, with official written proof, 'all the ins and outs' of Brent taking over Argyle? Is it absolutely certain that 'there would be no Argyle' but for Brent'? Or are the usual sheep making affirmations about some things and casting doubt on others just to protect the lip-trembling one?

As for no mention on the farm, no surprise there. But given that Brent has been unreliable and possibly less than straightforward in the Oldway business, this is surely relevant to Argyle. If he is happy and willing to cock a snook at all the relatively powerful bodies involved in the Oldway affair, how can anyone possibly expect him to give the remotest shit about a football club and its largely subservient supporters? The idea that 'we have not been saved' expressed by many here is looking more ominously accurate by the week.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 5:22 pm

Damon has gone on record here and on Social media saying there were plenty of interested parties who were warned off. Bearing in mind that Brent had been talking to the council about Argyle a few months prior to taking over it all smells like a pre-pack
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2016 7:30 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Damon has gone on record here and on Social media saying there were plenty of interested parties who were warned off. Bearing in mind that Brent had been talking to the council about Argyle a few months prior to taking over it all smells like a pre-pack

Of course there were multiple interested parties it just suits the agenda of that fat pig on Pasoti to perpetuate the myth that there wasn't....... Pig
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2016 8:58 am

I thought the reluctant one himself, said that since he put in his reluctant bid, and "saved" argyle.
That there had been several offers from other interested parties, or am I imagining this?
I starting to think given this Oldway debacle, that a mayflower replacement may not be built, perhaps I'm worrying too much.
geek
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2016 2:12 pm

akagreengull wrote:
I thought the reluctant one himself, said that since he put in his reluctant bid, and "saved" argyle.
That there had been several offers from other interested parties, or am I imagining this?
I starting to think given this Oldway debacle, that a mayflower replacement may not be built, perhaps I'm worrying too much.
geek

No Brent indicated that on average he had subsequently received interest in buying the club on average every single month since he took over so over 60 interested parties at least
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2016 2:54 pm

Yep I recall that now, wow that's a lot of interest, maybe we ought to tell pilgrimpete down on the farm.
Bet he's singing "there's only one James Brent" right now.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2016 2:55 pm

Yep I recall that now, wow that's a lot of interest, maybe we ought to tell pilgrimpete down on the farm.
Bet he's singing "there's only one James Brent" right now.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 9 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 10:12 pm

Was this ever mentioned on here?http://m.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/breaking-developers-pull-out-of-oldway-mansion-proejct/story-29621511-detail/story.html
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 9 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 11:30 pm

Well I never...

Who could have ever foreseen anything like that ever happening?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 9 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 3:02 am

Yes Posted by me in this thread on Aug 15th in

MORE NEWS from Torbay

BREAKING: Developers pull out of Oldway Mansion project

Oldway Mansion

THE Oldway Mansion developers have pulled out, it was confirmed today.

----------------------------------------------------------------

The only update I have seen since is a blog from a MAGICAL: A Tor Bay dawn by Frank Sobey

I BUMPED into Torbay's elected mayor the other day. I say bumped into but of course that isn't actually true. We just happened to be at the first ever Torbay Business Forum Business Festival and ended up chatting with editor Jim Parker on the Herald Express stand.

Gordon Oliver is, as I am sure you know, Torbay's elected mayor and he gave the opening address at the festival. He spoke about the many good things happening or about to happen in the area. It was a very positive message and one that was well received by an attentive audience.

I was standing at the back of the hall with Simon Jolly, the Riviera International Conference Centre manager, who seemed very pleased with the event. The RICC is an excellent venue for this sort of thing and on the day we could see the sun sparkling off the sea. Magical stuff.!

In his, Gordon's, little speech about various projects, renovations and developments I noticed Oldway Mansion was conspicuously absent. Given the iconic nature of this famous building and its recent chequered history I thought it odd.

I mentioned this while we were chatting and he told me things were happening. Apparently he was about to lead a posse of councillors around the estate and is forming a steering group. That will be, I think, good news for all those who care.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 9 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 3:25 pm

Couldn't Oldway be converted into a ''visiting teams hotel'' so they can hand some dosh to us (JB) before getting thrashed.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 9 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 8:25 pm

The Magic Pixies, withdrew funding from the Oldway project at the last minute, but my Directors Box source tells me they are still on board for the Magnificent Ministand Event. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2016 12:32 pm

tigertony wrote:
Couldn't Oldway be converted into a ''visiting teams hotel'' so they can hand some dosh to us (JB) before getting thrashed.

LOLZ! Great bantz! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2016 1:48 pm

charleymouse wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

Do we absolutely, 100% know, with official written proof, 'all the ins and outs' of Brent taking over Argyle? Is it absolutely certain that 'there would be no Argyle' but for Brent'? Or are the usual sheep making affirmations about some things and casting doubt on others just to protect the lip-trembling one?

No we don't

As for no mention on the farm, no surprise there. But given that Brent has been unreliable and possibly less than straightforward in the Oldway business, this is surely relevant to Argyle. If he is happy and willing to cock a snook at all the relatively powerful bodies involved in the Oldway affair, how can anyone possibly expect him to give the remotest shit about a football club and its largely subservient supporters? The idea that 'we have not been saved' expressed by many here is looking more ominously accurate by the week.

UBusiness is full of slippery characters who know the rules of the game better than we do, hence the likes of Google, FB et al manage to dodge their tax, probably a few chaps who are in business on ATD have manipulated the rules to suit their circumstances, so everybody's at it.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2016 2:10 pm

I see, Brents failure to develop Oldway Mansion or build a ministand or develop Civic Centre or the Pavillions or new Ice Rink was because he paid tax......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2016 2:31 pm

Bend it how you like, that's not what I wrote, all business's know there way around the "system" and it's not exclusive to Brent, I know a business owner whose arranged debentures with the intention of liquidating one his companies to ensure he gets first dibs on cash above any creditors or any of his employees, while the business rules are as they are any business person will try their hand, Brent is one of thousands.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2016 2:40 pm

Ahhh, I see, what you have just written is that all business's, not just Brent, who is just one of thousands, know their way around the system.... just the sort of guy we need owning our club then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

oldway update
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next