6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

Golf Empty
PostSubject: Golf   Golf EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 10:43 am

Right then, for all you golfers, Sparkwell will do 18 holes followed by Ham, Egg and Chips for £15 - not a bad deal.

Tuesdays and Thursdays are normally pretty clear, other days are taken up with members competitions, mainly in the mornings.

I would suggest leaving it for a while as the course is very wet and boggy at the moment, perhaps towards the end of January or early Feb.

The £15 price is dependent on between 10 and 20 turning up. If everyone's happy to pay £2 extra, I'll organise some prizes on the day, for overall winner, nearest the pin, longest drive etc etc.

So, let me know if anyone's interested, and if so, I'll get the day booked.
Back to top Go down

Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf   Golf EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 10:33 am

Right. IF you can do the nice long walk without having to hit tiny balls with a stick, and IF you can have the ham, egg and chips without the ham, and IF they allow women, then I might be up for this.

flower
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf   Golf EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 1:28 pm

Peggy wrote:
Right. IF you can do the nice long walk without having to hit tiny balls with a stick, and IF you can have the ham, egg and chips without the ham, and IF they allow women, then I might be up for this.

flower

Yes, you can have a nice walk, no, you don't have to hit little balls, yes you can have ham, egg and chips without the the ham, and yes women are allowed.

See you there then. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf   Golf EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 1:55 pm

Definitely up for that and agree with leaving it until the weather gets a bit drier.If we are short of numbers,i may be able to persuade a couple of friends to attend.I see on the mundane thread that you played at Yelverton the other day-i love that course ,especially in summer,when you can get humungous distances because of the run of the ball on the moorland turf.Bit of a bugger in winter though,especially when its windy-i took a twelve on the tenth once,bleddy wind took three of my tee shots into the gorse. Laughing Great place,though.
Back to top Go down

Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf   Golf EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 3:28 pm

Count me in, but it'll be the longest 9 holes of your lives!
Back to top Go down

Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf   Golf EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 6:22 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Peggy wrote:

flower

Yes, you can have a nice walk, no, you don't have to hit little balls, yes you can have ham, egg and chips without the the ham, and yes women are allowed.

See you there then. Very Happy

Yay!

I'm not wearing the silly clothes either, by the way. Cool
Back to top Go down

Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf   Golf EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 3:16 pm

Ill play!!!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf   Golf EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 1:54 pm

Almost wish I was back in Plymouth...................... but then I'd have to go to HP and suffer too Wink

Doesn't the esteemed and greatly revered, 'James Brent', have something to do with a local golf course. You know , the place he took the commoners for their buffet ?

Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf   Golf EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 4:05 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Almost wish I was back in Plymouth...................... but then I'd have to go to HP and suffer too Wink

Doesn't the esteemed and greatly revered, 'James Brent', have something to do with a local golf course. You know , the place he took the commoners for their buffet ?

His company was certainly involved in the renovation and sale of the Moorland Links Hotel at Yelverton,which i think was originally built to service the golf course there,not related to the club now though,leastaways i think not.Don't know if any of his other hotels have golf connections,though.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf   Golf EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 6:12 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
:

His company was certainly involved in the renovation and sale of the Moorland Links Hotel at Yelverton,which i think was originally built to service the golf course there,not related to the club now though,leastaways i think not.Don't know if any of his other hotels have golf connections,though.

Maybe Plympton Pilgrim could try to take his idea to the next level and offer to help organise a PAFC Golf Day for/with the new owner, with proceeds going to a good cause ? Mr Brent must have contacts and it could be a big day.Sponsorship, celebrity guests/ players etc. Post event dinner/ auction etc.

No riff raff mind ! lol!

Brent might also realise through such an event, that not all Argyle/ football people fit his seeming currently limited perception.

Last edited by Tringreen on Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf   Golf EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 6:21 pm

Now that would be a challenge - I'd have to battle through the massed ranks of Webb and Newell to get close to the man, and don't forget, I'm not in the ranks of the chosen ones because I've dared to express my displeasure over one or two things recently.

Worth thinking about though, if we could keep things separate from Pasoti or the President. I may have a word in one or two ears. Wink

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf   Golf EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 6:29 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Now that would be a challenge - I'd have to battle through the massed ranks of Webb and Newell to get close to the man, and don't forget, I'm not in the ranks of the chosen ones because I've dared to express my displeasure over one or two things recently.

Worth thinking about though, if we could keep things separate from Pasoti or the President. I may have a word in one or two ears. Wink

Go for it dear boy. Fore !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf   Golf EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 6:41 pm

Tringreen wrote:
No riff raff mind ! lol!

Oh. I was quite looking forward to this.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf   Golf EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 6:59 pm

Peggy wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
No riff raff mind ! lol!

Oh. I was quite looking forward to this.

Smoked salmon and sauvignon blanc, not pasties n pints Peggy.
Back to top Go down

Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf   Golf EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 7:09 pm

Vegetarian. Can't drink at the moment.

Hope you all have a lovely day king queen
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf   Golf EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 12:20 pm

Right, found it. Put my name down but it'll depend on date.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf   Golf EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 12:51 pm

Doesn't look like football people 'do golf'. Probably regarded on a 'par' Wink with egg chasers and played by posh, educated wankers ! jocolor lol!
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf   Golf EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 2:52 pm

Bumped this up for one last time. Any takers? Sparkwell is looking and playing better now, not quite so wet.

It seems that just myself, Greenskin, Charlie and Gob, were interested, plus Peggy in a non-playing-just-walking-and-eating capacity.

Need a few more for a decent day and for the club to provide any food.
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf   Golf EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 3:08 pm

Good walk ruined, more boring to watch than the egg chasers.

However tell me when it is, & I'll catch a train up to Inverness, then hire a car, and quickly pop back down for the event. I think I would be up for the... longest drive award then? lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf   Golf EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 9:56 am

Garry, I'm away in South Africa from tomorrow until the end of March, playing golf at my club down there (Bergriver GC, £60/year and 99 members!!) and watching Rugby (Cape Stormers) but would love to organise something in April.

Golf and egg chasing Tringy, I would love to be an educated wanker but one of my greatest achievements in life was to escape incarceration at Plymouth College at the age of 15 to join the much vaunted University of Life. First tutorial being in a tin shack on the outskirts of Mombasa...but I was 16 by then afro
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf   Golf EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 7:41 pm

Massive news from the golf world.Today i entered my name on the Hurdwick team sheet for the match against Sparkwell on July 12th.Possibly an all ATD clash Greenskin v Plympton Pilgrim-don't be square, be there.Had me bleddy handicap cut again last week,down to 13 now-could have done without it,still in the Daily Mail foursomes,away to Dartmouth in the 5th round the day after the Sparkwell match,we may well have needed that extra shot.Ah,the pressures and worries of professional golf. pale
Back to top Go down

Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf   Golf EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 8:09 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Massive news from the golf world.Today i entered my name on the Hurdwick team sheet for the match against Sparkwell on July 12th.Possibly an all ATD clash Greenskin v Plympton Pilgrim-don't be square, be there.Had me bleddy handicap cut again last week,down to 13 now-could have done without it,still in the Daily Mail foursomes,away to Dartmouth in the 5th round the day after the Sparkwell match,we may well have needed that extra shot.Ah,the pressures and worries of professional golf. pale

Ooh Ooh, but how do we know who to support if you play against each other? Could start a riot.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf   Golf EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 8:18 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

Ooh Ooh, but how do we know who to support if you play against each other? Could start a riot.

You'll do anything to wear your cheer-leading uniform Laughing
Back to top Go down

Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf   Golf EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 8:21 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

Quite. I mean, what do we put on our MASSIVE flag?
Back to top Go down

Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf   Golf EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 8:49 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

You'll do anything to wear your cheer-leading uniform Laughing

I think I made a mistake using that Avatar a while back. I'm forever to be known as the cross dressing, badly made-up freak. If I can find one, I'll use a picture of me looking butch next.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf   Golf Empty

Back to top Go down

Golf
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next