Argyle Talk Democratic

The ONLY Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  EventsEvents  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 The Chris Webb

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15
AuthorMessage
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
avatar

Posts : 9660
Join date : 2011-12-22
Age : 55
Location : Berkshire

PostSubject: Re: The Chris Webb   Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:40 pm

Sleep Sleep Sleep

_______________________________________
I'm one of the common people so says the wife!
(A true GSG Girl)

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17
Back to top Go down
RegGreen



Posts : 1990
Join date : 2015-07-08

PostSubject: Re: The Chris Webb   Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:01 pm

alannotivvy wrote:
Right then you lot, who's been nasty to our Club President ?  as an abuse report has come in.
It mite be me cant stand the beaver tooth looking wanker  hate him with a passion  lol!
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

avatar

Posts : 2043
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 57
Location : Timbuktu

PostSubject: Re: The Chris Webb   Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:21 am

alannotivvy wrote:
Right then you lot, who's been nasty to our Club President ?  as an abuse report has come in.

Probably Reluctant Jimmy having a hissy fit
Back to top Go down
Elias

avatar

Posts : 4919
Join date : 2011-12-05
Location : brent out

PostSubject: Re: The Chris Webb   Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:26 pm

Remember that stupid team talk he wrote for hartlepool away two years ago....... Give thomas the ball.... He didnt come on until 90mins were played.
Back to top Go down
Homeslice

avatar

Posts : 1119
Join date : 2015-02-23
Age : 45
Location : Lurking in the shadows

PostSubject: Re: The Chris Webb   Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:35 pm

alannotivvy wrote:
Right then you lot, who's been nasty to our Club President ?  as an abuse report has come in.

Top tip, Webby:

To avoid being called out as a hypocrite with the morality of a tomcat, don't behave like a hypocrite with the morality of a tomcat.

And also, Mr President, if you want to be left alone and not discussed on an Argyle Fans forum, a good way to move towards making this happen would be for you to resign as club President, dontcha fink?
Back to top Go down
tigertony

avatar

Posts : 2018
Join date : 2012-01-05

PostSubject: Re: The Chris Webb   Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:13 pm

I still remember his attempt at a rallying call at Wembley! Twas more like a vicar talking to his Sunday school. I'd have rather Freathy made the speech.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen



Posts : 1990
Join date : 2015-07-08

PostSubject: Re: The Chris Webb   Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:38 pm

Homeslice wrote:
alannotivvy wrote:
Right then you lot, who's been nasty to our Club President ?  as an abuse report has come in.

Top tip, Webby:

To avoid being called out as a hypocrite with the morality of a tomcat, don't behave like a hypocrite with the morality of a tomcat.

And also, Mr President, if you want to be left alone and not discussed on an Argyle Fans forum, a good way to move towards making this happen would be for you to resign as club President,  dontcha fink?
I prefer the term...his got the morals of a alley cat on crack  lol!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Chris Webb   Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:40 pm

Dossier De-Lar will be jizzing his jodhpurs with delight at this thread. Laughing
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

avatar

Posts : 3674
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Mini Stand.

PostSubject: Re: The Chris Webb   Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:52 pm

Mr. Brownstone wrote:
Dossier De-Lar will be jizzing his jodhpurs with delight at this thread. Laughing
cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers Officer Knobber, the internet patrol man is also going through the Tissues at great speed pig pig lol!
Back to top Go down
Homeslice

avatar

Posts : 1119
Join date : 2015-02-23
Age : 45
Location : Lurking in the shadows

PostSubject: Re: The Chris Webb   Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:21 pm

Mr. Brownstone wrote:
Dossier De-Lar will be jizzing his jodhpurs with delight at this thread. Laughing

Trouble is, he won't wash the jodhpurs after he's jizzed in them and will wear them to the next away game.
Back to top Go down
alannotivvy

avatar

Posts : 6388
Join date : 2012-11-03
Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: The Chris Webb   Wed May 17, 2017 11:49 am

PatDunne wrote:
Can i lick yo......i'll stop there Very Happy
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

just been rereading this thread, Its hilarious
Back to top Go down
Graiser

avatar

Posts : 1548
Join date : 2014-09-21
Age : 68
Location : Plymouth

PostSubject: Re: The Chris Webb   Sat May 20, 2017 6:31 pm

Why does the Herald pander to this bloke, another page of crap today
Back to top Go down
Jethro

avatar

Posts : 2516
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 27
Location : Dorset

PostSubject: Re: The Chris Webb   Sat May 20, 2017 6:51 pm

Graiser wrote:
Why does the Herald pander to this bloke, another page of crap today

can afford to lose a page of adverts I guess.
Back to top Go down
beesrus



Posts : 1381
Join date : 2016-11-23

PostSubject: Re: The Chris Webb   Sat May 20, 2017 7:00 pm

Graiser wrote:
Why does the Herald pander to this bloke, another page of crap today

Why do you read the herald ? What earthly good does it do you that you can't get elsewhere for nothing, and with a better heart ?
You know what will be in there, yet you still do it.
Back to top Go down
Frank Bullitt

avatar

Posts : 6132
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Right in front of you....

PostSubject: Re: The Chris Webb   Sat May 20, 2017 7:09 pm

beesrus wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Why does the Herald pander to this bloke, another page of crap today

Why do you read the herald ? What earthly good does it do you that you can't get elsewhere for nothing, and with a better heart ?
You know what will be in there, yet you still do it.

My respect for the Herald has gone up massively in the last few days.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

avatar

Posts : 1548
Join date : 2014-09-21
Age : 68
Location : Plymouth

PostSubject: Re: The Chris Webb   Sat May 20, 2017 7:48 pm

beesrus wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Why does the Herald pander to this bloke, another page of crap today

Why do you read the herald ? What earthly good does it do you that you can't get elsewhere for nothing, and with a better heart ?
You know what will be in there, yet you still do it.

You may also ask why some posters on here still have a look at PASOTI when it's owner is so despised.
Back to top Go down
beesrus



Posts : 1381
Join date : 2016-11-23

PostSubject: Re: The Chris Webb   Sat May 20, 2017 7:53 pm

Absolutely.
You all have something in common it would appear.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

avatar

Posts : 1548
Join date : 2014-09-21
Age : 68
Location : Plymouth

PostSubject: Re: The Chris Webb   Sat May 20, 2017 9:40 pm

beesrus wrote:
Absolutely.
You all have something in common it would appear.

I doubt that, as to your original question I read parts of the Herald because it suits me, if that's ok with you.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

avatar

Posts : 6273
Join date : 2011-12-03
Age : 26
Location : Nr Panama

PostSubject: Re: The Chris Webb   Sat May 20, 2017 10:15 pm

"Played better football than Luggy"? Really? I don't think so. How would he know anyway?

"The Nearly Men"? Who coined that? Sounds snappy. Somebody should write a book about it so that Webby can pretend he was there at the games.

"The Communication Workers Union's head of communications"..  "who campaigned for Tory Boy Jonny Marine in the last general election" obviously didn't make the edit.

"Webb did not want to single any one person out for the significance of their role in the club's recovery" swiftly followed by "I would say the appointment of Derek Adams was absolutely critical".

"Players come and go." Some of them, unexpectedly, just after he's shagged their wives for some reason.

Towards the end, and not for the first time, he's come out with stuff almost verbatim to that posted elsewhere shortly after the Newport game...

Quote :
As I write this I have to admit to having partaken in alcohol. Not that excessively, ‘tis true. I have to be up at stupid o’clock tomorrow so had to cut the evening short.

“Why might that be?” you may well ask.

Today Argyle sealed a promotion by way of a 6-1 thumping of Newport County and to honest we might have scored 10. I suppose a last minute winner might be better but this is pretty good.
Glory days don’t often come along to Argyle but today was definitely one of them. I’ve been going week in week out ever since I was a kid which is over 40 years now and I was there when we went up v Colchester in ’75, at Wembley in ’96, versus QPR in 2004 and today. In all that time only 4 promotions (there was a couple of others in 1986 and 2002 but I couldn’t make it to those games).
That is only the start of it though. As a club we’ve gone as close to disappearing as any and hung on. We’ve endured 6 years in the basement division  and only hung in there by the skin of our teeth on two occasions. Two years ago we failed in the play-offs. Last year we failed at Wembley. There’s been nothing to celebrate in any of those years other than our mere continuance and the disappointment has been crushing with last year’s Wembley capitulation a particularly gutless low despite the various calamities that had befallen us previously.

And now this…

The tsunami of joy, of celebration, of relief was like a force of nature at Home Park today: tangible; irrepressible. There was a vibrancy, an energy that simply must not be allowed to dissipate. We must build on this. It cannot be seen as an end to itself because, magnificent though it was, it is only a step on the journey.

But I don’t want to speculate about the future; I want to look back. Today’s team, management and owners will bask in the glory but that glory was only possible due to a level of dedication and sacrifice from a whole host of people: those who set up the Argyle Fans’ Trust with the very real intention of starting again from scratch somehow; the staff who went for months upaid; players (even if they were crap – and most of them were) who signed for us despite not knowing if they’d be paid or not – players who signed for us when nobody else would; Peter Reid for paying a heating bill; Carl Fletcher for keeping us up when all seemed lost; John Sheridan likewise; Vivien Pengelly (leader of Plymouth City Council at the time) for financing James Brent’s rescue package that allowed us to escape administration; everybody who put money into the club by chucking coins in buckets, buying season tickets when the next season wasn’t even likely to happen or buying merchandise they just didn’t need… Without them there would have been no Derek Adams; no glorious 6-1 promotion game; arguably no anything.

Argyle should never have been in this division and it should never have taken us 6 years to get out of it. Let us never forget how we ended up in “Division 4”; let us never take our eye off the ball and let us never allow it to happen again.

Today has been all kinds of wonderful and we’ve quite rightly celebrated the living daylights out of it but we must never, ever stoop so low again. The club, the fans, the city all deserve better than this and we should loudly, incessantly demand better.

No ifs, no buts, no excuses… this is not as good as it gets. All this is is a necessary stage that has to be gone through. We are nowhere near our glass ceiling, if such a thing exists at all; we must press on.

Greater glory awaits.

Just add plagiarism to the list of reasons why he should resign, or be sacked, immediately.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
PatDunne



Posts : 1418
Join date : 2013-11-21
Age : 56

PostSubject: Re: The Chris Webb   Sun May 21, 2017 6:43 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
"Played better football than Luggy"? Really? I don't think so. How would he know anyway?

"The Nearly Men"? Who coined that? Sounds snappy. Somebody should write a book about it so that Webby can pretend he was there at the games.

"The Communication Workers Union's head of communications"..  "who campaigned for Tory Boy Jonny Marine in the last general election" obviously didn't make the edit.

"Webb did not want to single any one person out for the significance of their role in the club's recovery" swiftly followed by "I would say the appointment of Derek Adams was absolutely critical".

"Players come and go." Some of them, unexpectedly, just after he's shagged their wives for some reason.

Towards the end, and not for the first time, he's come out with stuff almost verbatim to that posted elsewhere shortly after the Newport game...

Quote :
As I write this I have to admit to having partaken in alcohol. Not that excessively, ‘tis true. I have to be up at stupid o’clock tomorrow so had to cut the evening short.

“Why might that be?” you may well ask.

Today Argyle sealed a promotion by way of a 6-1 thumping of Newport County and to honest we might have scored 10. I suppose a last minute winner might be better but this is pretty good.
Glory days don’t often come along to Argyle but today was definitely one of them. I’ve been going week in week out ever since I was a kid which is over 40 years now and I was there when we went up v Colchester in ’75, at Wembley in ’96, versus QPR in 2004 and today. In all that time only 4 promotions (there was a couple of others in 1986 and 2002 but I couldn’t make it to those games).
That is only the start of it though. As a club we’ve gone as close to disappearing as any and hung on. We’ve endured 6 years in the basement division  and only hung in there by the skin of our teeth on two occasions. Two years ago we failed in the play-offs. Last year we failed at Wembley. There’s been nothing to celebrate in any of those years other than our mere continuance and the disappointment has been crushing with last year’s Wembley capitulation a particularly gutless low despite the various calamities that had befallen us previously.

And now this…

The tsunami of joy, of celebration, of relief was like a force of nature at Home Park today: tangible; irrepressible. There was a vibrancy, an energy that simply must not be allowed to dissipate. We must build on this. It cannot be seen as an end to itself because, magnificent though it was, it is only a step on the journey.

But I don’t want to speculate about the future; I want to look back. Today’s team, management and owners will bask in the glory but that glory was only possible due to a level of dedication and sacrifice from a whole host of people: those who set up the Argyle Fans’ Trust with the very real intention of starting again from scratch somehow; the staff who went for months upaid; players (even if they were crap – and most of them were) who signed for us despite not knowing if they’d be paid or not – players who signed for us when nobody else would; Peter Reid for paying a heating bill; Carl Fletcher for keeping us up when all seemed lost; John Sheridan likewise; Vivien Pengelly (leader of Plymouth City Council at the time) for financing James Brent’s rescue package that allowed us to escape administration; everybody who put money into the club by chucking coins in buckets, buying season tickets when the next season wasn’t even likely to happen or buying merchandise they just didn’t need… Without them there would have been no Derek Adams; no glorious 6-1 promotion game; arguably no anything.

Argyle should never have been in this division and it should never have taken us 6 years to get out of it. Let us never forget how we ended up in “Division 4”; let us never take our eye off the ball and let us never allow it to happen again.

Today has been all kinds of wonderful and we’ve quite rightly celebrated the living daylights out of it but we must never, ever stoop so low again. The club, the fans, the city all deserve better than this and we should loudly, incessantly demand better.

No ifs, no buts, no excuses… this is not as good as it gets. All this is is a necessary stage that has to be gone through. We are nowhere near our glass ceiling, if such a thing exists at all; we must press on.

Greater glory awaits.

Just add plagiarism to the list of reasons why he should resign, or be sacked, immediately.

I thought Jim saved us, according to the President of Argyle it seems that the council tax payers of Plymouth saved us? can we have your £3.5 million of shares back Jim........
Back to top Go down
beesrus



Posts : 1381
Join date : 2016-11-23

PostSubject: Re: The Chris Webb   Sun May 21, 2017 7:20 am

Contrary to pasoti nonsense, the club takeover was a JOINT effort between the council and Brent, yet we never hear the refrain "The council saved us", do we.
At the time, the council leader said they were sorry that a private sector solution had not been found. It seems underwriters like Brent get paid well these days, far more than the minimum wage, even more than professional footballers, and all for half a day a week..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Chris Webb   

Back to top Go down
 
The Chris Webb
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 15 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15
 Similar topics
-
» Chris Brown and Rihanna
» Christopher Robin “Chris” Coan - accident
» Tanner Lee Webb - killed by stepfather Russell Miller
» chris spivey
» Chris Barretto

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: Zoo Corner-
Jump to: