AuthorMessage

Sheridans Bro Empty
PostSubject: Sheridans Bro   Sheridans Bro EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 7:50 pm

Is he our main scout ? I have no idea ?

IF he is what gems has he uncovered ?
Back to top Go down

Sheridans Bro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheridans Bro   Sheridans Bro EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 8:04 pm

only in the north where he lives and works for us and none to what i can see.
Back to top Go down

Sheridans Bro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheridans Bro   Sheridans Bro EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 9:01 pm

indeed. I miss seeing the club sign young unknowns like Bolasie, Noone, Mackie, Barnes - and told just just sit back and relax - and watch these players get remarkably better with each passing season.

All those players were signed from poor leagues - all have played Premier League football.

Where are our wee nuggets now? All of our most valuable assets were inherited by J Shez (Nelson, Hourihane, Purrington, Young, Harvey, Lecointe).

Thomas looks a top prospect in the making but isn't well looked after down here, and neither was Luke Young. Our prospects for being a good scouting and developing club don't look terrific.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

Sheridans Bro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheridans Bro   Sheridans Bro EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 10:37 pm

I'm going off memory from a previous discussion about D. Shez, but I don't believe he works as a player recruitment scout. He's our northern based tactical scout - as in he goes and watches the opposition and relays info back to J. Shez & Co. As far as I'm aware we don't have a scouting network searching for the next Friio. I think we just hope we stumble across them at some point.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

Sheridans Bro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheridans Bro   Sheridans Bro EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 12:46 am

Sheridan and his staff seem to have a very good working knowledge of Leagues One and Two as well as the hottest Premier League/Championship reserve players. I think as Sam says the idea is that we get by on those players and hope that they're enough and/or we stumble upon someone else.

What we don't have are the kind of overseas contacts or knowledge that would bring us the next Halmosi, Friio, Larrieu, Timar, Seip, Bent.

Nor do we have a specific knowledge of a certain league where the players come at a cheaper price than English Premium like Luggy did with the SPL and SFL: Cocko, Keith, Ajofree.

In the absence of either of those categories, we'll always struggle to get the best and most effective bargains like Luggy did.
Back to top Go down

Sheridans Bro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheridans Bro   Sheridans Bro EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 12:01 pm

GreenSam wrote:
Sheridan and his staff seem to have a very good working knowledge of Leagues One and Two as well as the hottest Premier League/Championship reserve players. I think as Sam says the idea is that we get by on those players and hope that they're enough and/or we stumble upon someone else.

What we don't have are the kind of overseas contacts or knowledge that would bring us the next Halmosi, Friio, Larrieu, Timar, Seip, Bent.

Nor do we have a specific knowledge of a certain league where the players come at a cheaper price than English Premium like Luggy did with the SPL and SFL: Cocko, Keith, Ajofree.

In the absence of either of those categories, we'll always struggle to get the best and most effective bargains like Luggy did.

Most managers like Luggy have their own contacts in places like France and Scotland where they can be alearted to gems to look at. Sheridan doesnt have that luxury i feel.
Back to top Go down
tagz

Sheridans Bro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheridans Bro   Sheridans Bro EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 12:36 pm

Angry wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

Most managers like Luggy have their own contacts in places like France and Scotland where they can be alearted to gems to look at. Sheridan doesnt have that luxury i feel.

I know Sheridan has good contacts with Sheffield Wednesday.

We could possibly see a good link between us and Ireland. Sheridan comes from Ireland and Feeney is currently managing there (it is his club we have loaned Richards to).

Also (on trail) under Sheridan we have had a player on trial from America and one from (I think) Finland (the Finland international left back from the 2013 summer but got injured in his trail). So I think Sheridan has got some links from other places but apart from former players, Sheffield Wednesday and (possibly) Feeney I don't think that they are that strong.
Back to top Go down

Sheridans Bro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheridans Bro   Sheridans Bro EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 12:43 pm

tagz wrote:
Angry wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

I know Sheridan has good contacts with Sheffield Wednesday.

We could possibly see a good link between us and Ireland. Sheridan comes from Ireland and Feeney is currently managing there (it is his club we have loaned Richards to).

Also (on trail) under Sheridan we have had a player on trial from America and one from (I think) Finland (the Finland international left back from the 2013 summer but got injured in his trail). So I think Sheridan has got some links from other places but apart from former players, Sheffield Wednesday and (possibly) Feeney I don't think that they are that strong.

last time i checked manchester was in England and Feeney is in Northern Ireland managing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sheridans Bro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheridans Bro   Sheridans Bro Empty

Back to top Go down

Sheridans Bro
Page 1 of 1