Mock Cuncher
Cornish Chris
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

The Cricket thread - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Cricket thread   The Cricket thread - Page 9 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 9:08 pm

Where does this test go from here?

England rattle up a score, maybe 400ish, and a decent lead, Australia roughly match the 2nd innings total leaving us a tricky 130-odd in the last innings?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: The Cricket thread   The Cricket thread - Page 9 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 9:19 pm

I think that the score will be a lot lower but agree that England could face a tricky 4th innings run chase. I think the weather will play more of a factor than any pitch deterioration. If it stays overcast we win as the Aussie batsman don't have good enough techniques to play swing.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: The Cricket thread   The Cricket thread - Page 9 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 9:40 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
78-2,Cook just out to a wonder/jammy barsteward type catch.

It was jammy. Voges was just making himself as small a target as possible and the ball went into exactly the right place to be clasped between forearms and body as he did. There's no way he knew anything about it until after he'd snaffled the ball. One of the most unlikely dismissals I have ever seen.

He was also very lucky that it didn't clean him up. Seen a few nasty incidents in that position both in my playing days and in first class cricket-suicide corner!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The Cricket thread   The Cricket thread - Page 9 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 9:52 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
I think that the score will be a lot lower but agree that England could face a tricky 4th innings run chase. I think the weather will play more of a factor than any pitch deterioration. If it stays overcast we win as the Aussie batsman don't have good enough techniques to play swing.

Decent weather tomorrow I think, but I reckon a lead of 200 going into the 2nd innings should put us in the box seat.

Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: The Cricket thread   The Cricket thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 2:24 am

My son and mates are heading to the match on Saturday from Cornwall. Hotel booked etc. I'm just hoping there is a 4th day.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: The Cricket thread   The Cricket thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 8:41 am

Greenskin wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

It was jammy. Voges was just making himself as small a target as possible and the ball went into exactly the right place to be clasped between forearms and body as he did. There's no way he knew anything about it until after he'd snaffled the ball. One of the most unlikely dismissals I have ever seen.

He was also very lucky that it didn't clean him up. Seen a few nasty incidents in that position both in my playing days and in first class cricket-suicide corner!

Me too. Someone pulled a half-tracker into my right shin once when I was a teenager. I've never fielded closer than mid-off since...

The first hour will be crucial. If Bairstow doesn't get big runs today, considering the form he's in for Yorkshire, it's hard to see him ever blossoming in Test cricket. The Mark Ramprakash of the 21st century? I just have this worry that at 12:15 we'll be 165-6 and will have thrown away all of yesterday's hard work. Fingers crossed Bairstow and Root hang around for a bit, and then take advantage if and when the bowlers start overdoing it in search of wickets.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Cricket thread   The Cricket thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 11:56 am

Cornish Chris wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

Me too. Someone pulled a half-tracker into my right shin once when I was a teenager. I've never fielded closer than mid-off since...

The first hour will be crucial. If Bairstow doesn't get big runs today, considering the form he's in for Yorkshire, it's hard to see him ever blossoming in Test cricket. The Mark Ramprakash of the 21st century? I just have this worry that at 12:15 we'll be 165-6 and will have thrown away all of yesterday's hard work. Fingers crossed Bairstow and Root hang around for a bit, and then take advantage if and when the bowlers start overdoing it in search of wickets.

11:52.

40th over: England 178-5 (Root 59, Buttler 7)

Not far off!

Mitchell Johnson brutalised Bairstow and Stokes for sod all early on.

He's now the 3rd fastest cricketer ever to the 300 wickets and 2000 runs in tests mark.

We need Root, Buttler and Ali to get a few because I don't think Broad, Jimmy and Finny will.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Cricket thread   The Cricket thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 12:02 pm

WICKET! Root c Voges b Starc 63 (England 182-6)

We'll be lucky to get a 100 lead at this rate.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Cricket thread   The Cricket thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 12:06 pm

I suspect that Moeen is going to get a few aimed at his beard.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Cricket thread   The Cricket thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 12:35 pm

im listening on LW
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: The Cricket thread   The Cricket thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 12:35 pm

201/ 7
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: The Cricket thread   The Cricket thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 2:33 pm

281 all out, lead of 145
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Cricket thread   The Cricket thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 2:40 pm

the game is sounding good, Boycott was gettin all Capt Wankspasm at one stage!!
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: The Cricket thread   The Cricket thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 3:06 pm

Aus 17/1 Rogers LBW bowled by Broad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Cricket thread   The Cricket thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 4:12 pm

Clarke out for 3,
Finn has 2 wickets in 2 balls now
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Cricket thread   The Cricket thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 4:12 pm

76 for 4
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: The Cricket thread   The Cricket thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 4:57 pm

92/5  affraid
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: The Cricket thread   The Cricket thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 8:36 pm

What an incredible game of cricket. It really did look like it was going to be all over today didn't it?

Marmalized.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Cricket thread   The Cricket thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 8:43 pm

I hope we knock the last 3 over pretty quickly. It could be a squeaky bum run chase if they score too many.

But going 2-1 up with 2 to play would be a great position to win the Ashes back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Cricket thread   The Cricket thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 6:23 am

Gonna rush home from work and get the radio on for it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Cricket thread   The Cricket thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 12:24 pm

tigertony wrote:
My son and mates are heading to the match on Saturday from Cornwall. Hotel booked etc. I'm just hoping there is a 4th day.

Cant see it myself
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: The Cricket thread   The Cricket thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 12:47 pm

121 to win after Aussie resistance this morning. Pitch playing well, should be a formality.......but strange things happen sometimes. Wouldn't bet against England though.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: The Cricket thread   The Cricket thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 3:44 pm

England currently 110/2, Bell on 64 and Root on 25.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: The Cricket thread   The Cricket thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 3:48 pm

Root just hit a 4. 7 to win.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: The Cricket thread   The Cricket thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 3:50 pm

Single from Bell then another Root 4. 2 to win.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Cricket thread   The Cricket thread - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Cricket thread
Page 9 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 21  Next