Jon L
Elias
argyl3
10 posters
AuthorMessage
argyl3

argyl3

is the sale starting?? Empty
PostSubject: is the sale starting??   is the sale starting?? EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 10:17 pm

Jason Banton rumoured off to Birmingham

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: is the sale starting??   is the sale starting?? EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 10:21 pm

rubbish
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: is the sale starting??   is the sale starting?? EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 10:22 pm

I'd drive him there myself.
Lazy over-rated arrogant tool, went missing last season, and nothing this season that I have witnessed has changed my opinion.
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: is the sale starting??   is the sale starting?? EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 10:41 pm

All over twitter mate.. Birmingham city news feed, sky sports, etc some news mention an official approach has been made?

Perhaps he was taking it easy tonight as he knows this could be coming?
Back to top Go down
Jon L

PostSubject: Re: is the sale starting??   is the sale starting?? EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 10:44 pm

If they were watching tonight, they never would. He was trying but nothing remotely looked like coming off for him.
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: is the sale starting??   is the sale starting?? EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 10:46 pm

Never mind if we get 2 million that's the balloon payment sorted!
Back to top Go down
Ken Adams

PostSubject: Re: is the sale starting??   is the sale starting?? EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 11:28 pm

Complete enigma.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: is the sale starting??   is the sale starting?? EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 12:05 am

Not going to happen. Brum have no money. Their owner is in jail for feck sake... And Lee Clark ain't that desperate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: is the sale starting??   is the sale starting?? EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 12:31 am

spowell92 wrote:
Not going to happen. Brum have no money. Their owner is in jail for feck sake... And Lee Clark ain't that desperate.

pretty much this in a nutshell.

Banton has been a major let now since returning.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: is the sale starting??   is the sale starting?? EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 12:46 am

i just want to end any talk anyone may start up about Reuben Reid.

He is good at this level he never shined higher so no, no bigger club will snap him up from us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: is the sale starting??   is the sale starting?? EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 10:06 am

Banton will be a big player for us this season. Rather see him stay with us than repeat the Hourihane process - I.e. sell him for a reasonable fee, but without a penny invested in the replacement.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: is the sale starting??   is the sale starting?? EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 12:53 pm

I was yapping to a taxi driver who is a Birmingham City fan and he was saying that they have no money ..

Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: is the sale starting??   is the sale starting?? EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 8:35 pm

Angry wrote:

He is good at this level he never shined higher so no, no bigger club will snap him up from us.

scores 20 by jan and they will believe me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: is the sale starting??   is the sale starting?? EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 8:56 pm

Elias wrote:
Angry wrote:

scores 20 by jan and they will believe me.

nope my buxom blionde friend they wont. As i say he has never performed at a higher level. He is good at this level lets us pray if (i laughed too) we go up this season he can score in League one too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: is the sale starting??   is the sale starting?? EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 10:30 pm

argyl3 wrote:
Never mind if we get 2 million that's the balloon payment sorted!

Not exactly, is it 40 or 50% of player sales goes to pay off the inherited debt, so maybe up to a million off football creditors, then the rest less a bit here and there would go to the day to day running of the club, it would help club debt but I dont think two mill now would have much of an impact on the balloon payment.

As for Banton I can't believe he's turned into a bad player, I'm wondering if he is a bit billy big bollocks and as such isn't getting the respect and hence service from some of the other players, you can tell when players get on, they build a rapport, then bring each other in to the game, this seems missing with him, just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: is the sale starting??   is the sale starting?? EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 9:02 am

I see Hourihane notched for Barnsley at Coventry the other night.Still,just accept the sale of our prize assets and move on eh. Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: is the sale starting??   is the sale starting?? EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 11:39 am

They used to preach the same thing on pasoti with stapes and his organic model...year on year progress..... bring back luggy and he'll unearth a few more wee nuggets.............enjoy the ride Tringy !

It doesn't work like that ffs !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: is the sale starting??   is the sale starting?? EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 2:47 pm

Greenskin wrote:
I see Hourihane notched for Barnsley at Coventry the other night.Still,just accept the sale of our prize assets and move on eh. Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil 

Who are you looking to blame for the sale of Hourihane? I was dead against it, just read what I've said, I was also FOOKIN fuming when we sold BWP, Norris, SEB you name them I was furious when they went, however even if I was all for the sale I am only a fan and what I don't have is any, not a FOOKIN jot of influence with Dan, Stapes or Brent, why didn't you stop it happening ifs it's so FOOKIN easy? You didn't see it it coming any more than I did, and you managed to do fook all to stop it and I get pissed off when people try to blame me for it.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: is the sale starting??   is the sale starting?? EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 4:31 pm

These things can't be helped. It doesn't mean we have to like them but just bitching about it afterwards makes no difference at all. What we have to do is accept that they are likely to happen and plan accordingly for when it does.

What makes it so hard to bear is that it only happens to our best players, our most popular players and our most promising youngsters.

Why it happens is obvious and in many ways is a back-handed compliment to us being a well-run club: Player A gets signed because our manager likes the look of him and is within budget (i.e. cheap); Player A gets into the 1st XI and starts regularly; a string of impressive performances endears him to the crowd; he becomes an increasingly important part of the team; he gets a terrace chant with his name in it as a result (this rarely happens these days); he catches the eye of a Bigger (i.e. wealthier) Club; Bigger Club makes an offer that the player cannot refuse at a transfer price that the club cannot refuse even if his contract allows the offer to be rejected (which it probably does not); Player A leaves; all the selling club shit starts up all over again.

FFS get real! This whole thing is like watching a nest of chicks constantly gaping their beaks open and hoping that worm gets stuffed in - and when it does demand another and another ad nauseum.

Hourihane, SEB, Norris et al were sold because they were our best players and because they had impressed enough people and one of them happened to have the money needed to filch them off us.

How does anybody suggest we stop this from happening? Only sign duffers that never impress anybody?

And isn't this exactly the same process that brought these players to our attention in the first place? If we're this pissed off when they go shouldn't we be equally delighted when we sign somebody?

Shit happens. Get over it. It's how we respond to it when it does that matters.

The problem here is NOT the sale of any player but the failure to adequately replace him.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: is the sale starting??   is the sale starting?? EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 6:36 pm

Iggy wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

Who are you looking to blame for the sale of Hourihane? I was dead against it, just read what I've said, I was also FOOKIN fuming when we sold BWP, Norris, SEB you name them I was furious when they went, however even if I was all for the sale I am only a fan and what I don't have is any, not a FOOKIN jot of influence with Dan, Stapes or Brent, why didn't you stop it happening ifs it's so FOOKIN easy? You didn't see it it coming any more than I did, and you managed to do fook all to stop it and I get pissed off when people try to blame me for it.

Blimey Iggy,it wasn't meant to be personal or specific and sorry if it came across in that way.I'm going on the piss now but i'll come back tomorrow,hangover permitting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: is the sale starting??   is the sale starting?? EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 8:51 pm

No worries, maybe I did get a bit heated, have a good one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: is the sale starting??   is the sale starting?? EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 10:21 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
These things can't be helped. It doesn't mean we have to like them but just bitching about it afterwards makes no difference at all. What we have to do is accept that they are likely to happen and plan accordingly for when it does.

What makes it so hard to bear is that it only happens to our best players, our most popular players and our most promising youngsters.

Why it happens is obvious and in many ways is a back-handed compliment to us being a well-run club: Player A gets signed because our manager likes the look of him and is within budget (i.e. cheap); Player A gets into the 1st XI and starts regularly; a string of impressive performances endears him to the crowd; he becomes an increasingly important part of the team; he gets a terrace chant with his name in it as a result (this rarely happens these days); he catches the eye of a Bigger (i.e. wealthier) Club; Bigger Club makes an offer that the player cannot refuse at a transfer price that the club cannot refuse even if his contract allows the offer to be rejected (which it probably does not); Player A leaves; all the selling club shit starts up all over again.

FFS get real! This whole thing is like watching a nest of chicks constantly gaping their beaks open and hoping that worm gets stuffed in - and when it does demand another and another ad nauseum.

Hourihane, SEB, Norris et al were sold because they were our best players and because they had impressed enough people and one of them happened to have the money needed to filch them off us.

How does anybody suggest we stop this from happening? Only sign duffers that never impress anybody?

And isn't this exactly the same process that brought these players to our attention in the first place? If we're this pissed off when they go shouldn't we be equally delighted when we sign somebody?

Shit happens. Get over it. It's how we respond to it when it does that matters.

The problem here is NOT the sale of any player but the failure to adequately replace him.

Except the timing. Least we sold hourihane pre-season. Not midway through a season where we might just have made it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: is the sale starting??   is the sale starting?? EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 10:25 pm

argyl3 wrote:
Jason Banton rumoured off to Birmingham

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

maybe not birmingham but i sense he wont be here much longer. his crypted tweets suggest he is unsettled.
Back to top Go down
stephensdad

PostSubject: Re: is the sale starting??   is the sale starting?? EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 2:38 am

The one thing with Lee Clark he does get the best out of players. With the squad and problems they have Birmingham should be nailed on for relegation. Banton like Allesandra is wasted on the flank and has goals in him. Besides that what use do they have supporting our full backs?
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: is the sale starting??   is the sale starting?? EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 3:20 am

do we have any fullbacks ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: is the sale starting??   is the sale starting?? Empty

Back to top Go down

is the sale starting??
Page 1 of 1