Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Official Richard Blight Monkey Hangers Always Seem To Be Our Last Game Of The Season Thread

Go down 
+5
akagreengull
Dougie
Richard Blight
Dingle
Sir Francis Drake
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

The Official Richard Blight Monkey Hangers Always Seem To Be Our Last Game Of The Season Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Official Richard Blight Monkey Hangers Always Seem To Be Our Last Game Of The Season Thread   The Official Richard Blight Monkey Hangers Always Seem To Be Our Last Game Of The Season Thread EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 4:44 pm

I could be wrong on this.

It seems to me that we often get Hartlepool as a last game. There was the 1-8 up there, there was also a 1-3 up there and I recal a home game when I stood on the Barn Park End when we had a faint whiff of promotion if about 15 results went a certain way that we also won 3-0 (or something like that).

So why is this fixture so often the last one of the season?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Dingle

The Official Richard Blight Monkey Hangers Always Seem To Be Our Last Game Of The Season Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official Richard Blight Monkey Hangers Always Seem To Be Our Last Game Of The Season Thread   The Official Richard Blight Monkey Hangers Always Seem To Be Our Last Game Of The Season Thread EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 4:50 pm

Will James Brent come down from the director's box and receive the adulation he did at last season's game at Rochdale? Or is he saving that for the Pompey game?
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: The Official Richard Blight Monkey Hangers Always Seem To Be Our Last Game Of The Season Thread   The Official Richard Blight Monkey Hangers Always Seem To Be Our Last Game Of The Season Thread EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 5:35 pm

Bloody hell! My name's on the thread again, that's another 3 points down the drain.

Come on boys, you've got to win, I'm beginning to develop an inferiority complex. Embarassed   Or is it because the missus says everything's my fault there there not that I take any notice Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official Richard Blight Monkey Hangers Always Seem To Be Our Last Game Of The Season Thread   The Official Richard Blight Monkey Hangers Always Seem To Be Our Last Game Of The Season Thread EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 5:39 pm

Richard Blight wrote:
Bloody hell! My name's on the thread again, that's another 3 points down the drain.

Come on boys, you've got to win, I'm beginning to develop an inferiority complex. Embarassed   Or is it because the missus says everything's my fault there there not that I take any notice Very Happy

More importantly I notice you are no longer "Lord" Richard Blight. Is the first step on the downward path?
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: The Official Richard Blight Monkey Hangers Always Seem To Be Our Last Game Of The Season Thread   The Official Richard Blight Monkey Hangers Always Seem To Be Our Last Game Of The Season Thread EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 5:49 pm

The "High Admiral" bit seems to have gone as well, along with Sir, Commodore and all the other titles I got from somewhere. No fekking manners, that's the trouble with this site. tongue 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official Richard Blight Monkey Hangers Always Seem To Be Our Last Game Of The Season Thread   The Official Richard Blight Monkey Hangers Always Seem To Be Our Last Game Of The Season Thread EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 5:52 pm

I thought the last game was Pompey?
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: The Official Richard Blight Monkey Hangers Always Seem To Be Our Last Game Of The Season Thread   The Official Richard Blight Monkey Hangers Always Seem To Be Our Last Game Of The Season Thread EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 6:51 pm

About to leave for the game. Swapped our usual seats to go in the grandstand for just the 3rd time ever (the other two being my first ever game - a night game in the dim distant pads against Exeter - and the Cheltenham promotion party)
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Official Richard Blight Monkey Hangers Always Seem To Be Our Last Game Of The Season Thread   The Official Richard Blight Monkey Hangers Always Seem To Be Our Last Game Of The Season Thread EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 7:58 pm

Iggy wrote:
I thought the last game was Pompey?

It is but this is the last home game.

(I was in a hurry.)
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Official Richard Blight Monkey Hangers Always Seem To Be Our Last Game Of The Season Thread   The Official Richard Blight Monkey Hangers Always Seem To Be Our Last Game Of The Season Thread EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 10:36 pm

More seriously please forgive my bungling incompetence by not bestowing deserved deference and respect unto the Rt. Hon. Lord Sir Richard Bright esq. in the thread title.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Official Richard Blight Monkey Hangers Always Seem To Be Our Last Game Of The Season Thread   The Official Richard Blight Monkey Hangers Always Seem To Be Our Last Game Of The Season Thread EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 8:22 am

Thunderbirds are go!
Might be a case today that looking at the "pool" fans will be more entertaining than the game.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: The Official Richard Blight Monkey Hangers Always Seem To Be Our Last Game Of The Season Thread   The Official Richard Blight Monkey Hangers Always Seem To Be Our Last Game Of The Season Thread EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 3:17 pm

Early days but not looking good for city, all the bottom sides winning except Wycombe who are losing to the gas.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official Richard Blight Monkey Hangers Always Seem To Be Our Last Game Of The Season Thread   The Official Richard Blight Monkey Hangers Always Seem To Be Our Last Game Of The Season Thread EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 3:20 pm

Harewood will rip us a new one I reckon.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: The Official Richard Blight Monkey Hangers Always Seem To Be Our Last Game Of The Season Thread   The Official Richard Blight Monkey Hangers Always Seem To Be Our Last Game Of The Season Thread EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 3:32 pm

Banton's back 1-0 stunner
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official Richard Blight Monkey Hangers Always Seem To Be Our Last Game Of The Season Thread   The Official Richard Blight Monkey Hangers Always Seem To Be Our Last Game Of The Season Thread EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 3:48 pm

torquay are hanging on
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: The Official Richard Blight Monkey Hangers Always Seem To Be Our Last Game Of The Season Thread   The Official Richard Blight Monkey Hangers Always Seem To Be Our Last Game Of The Season Thread EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 4:08 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Banton's back 1-0 stunner

Shame he's been anonymous for the four month build up to that goal.

I don't think anyone could have anticipated just how shoddy his body and mind had become in the 12 months since we first signed him, on the face of it it was a great signing. Needed a phased introduction, I battled forlornly to stem PASOTI's messiah complex over him, but even so he SHOULD have been a key player.

Such a shame he wasn't the 2013 vintage as I'm sure he'd have been the difference between hitting and missing the play-offs. His spark would have ignited the damp sqibs in our squad and his moments of genius would have won us the games we didn't.

Just as bleddy well he comes good now though, he's one of only a handful we've got on a contract for next season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official Richard Blight Monkey Hangers Always Seem To Be Our Last Game Of The Season Thread   The Official Richard Blight Monkey Hangers Always Seem To Be Our Last Game Of The Season Thread EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 4:17 pm

And as quick as that his purple patch is over, off injured. He wil come good IF he isn't crocked, maybe we took a gamble that no one else wanted to?
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: The Official Richard Blight Monkey Hangers Always Seem To Be Our Last Game Of The Season Thread   The Official Richard Blight Monkey Hangers Always Seem To Be Our Last Game Of The Season Thread EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 4:21 pm

Typical, hope it's minor, was looking forward to something different to get us out of our seats next week.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official Richard Blight Monkey Hangers Always Seem To Be Our Last Game Of The Season Thread   The Official Richard Blight Monkey Hangers Always Seem To Be Our Last Game Of The Season Thread EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 4:27 pm

FFS! Berry back pass howler.1 1.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: The Official Richard Blight Monkey Hangers Always Seem To Be Our Last Game Of The Season Thread   The Official Richard Blight Monkey Hangers Always Seem To Be Our Last Game Of The Season Thread EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 4:27 pm

Bollocks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official Richard Blight Monkey Hangers Always Seem To Be Our Last Game Of The Season Thread   The Official Richard Blight Monkey Hangers Always Seem To Be Our Last Game Of The Season Thread EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 4:30 pm

Barmby scored another example of the type of older but quality player that you need at this level.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: The Official Richard Blight Monkey Hangers Always Seem To Be Our Last Game Of The Season Thread   The Official Richard Blight Monkey Hangers Always Seem To Be Our Last Game Of The Season Thread EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 4:33 pm

It's not Nick, it's his son jack who is a Man Utd loanee iggy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official Richard Blight Monkey Hangers Always Seem To Be Our Last Game Of The Season Thread   The Official Richard Blight Monkey Hangers Always Seem To Be Our Last Game Of The Season Thread EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 4:37 pm

I'll get me coat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official Richard Blight Monkey Hangers Always Seem To Be Our Last Game Of The Season Thread   The Official Richard Blight Monkey Hangers Always Seem To Be Our Last Game Of The Season Thread EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 4:40 pm

As it stands Turks are down even though they are winning 3 1, Gas beating Wycombe who I think will stay there with them now, last game sees Turks playing Wycombe.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: The Official Richard Blight Monkey Hangers Always Seem To Be Our Last Game Of The Season Thread   The Official Richard Blight Monkey Hangers Always Seem To Be Our Last Game Of The Season Thread EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 4:45 pm

Comedy gold Iggy* Laughing

So what you meant was it's 'another example of the type of younger and hungrier player that you need at this level'.

Torquay going down fighting though, bodes well for Hargreaves keeping his job.

*laughing with you fella, not at you.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: The Official Richard Blight Monkey Hangers Always Seem To Be Our Last Game Of The Season Thread   The Official Richard Blight Monkey Hangers Always Seem To Be Our Last Game Of The Season Thread EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 4:50 pm

Exeter FT and are safe
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official Richard Blight Monkey Hangers Always Seem To Be Our Last Game Of The Season Thread   The Official Richard Blight Monkey Hangers Always Seem To Be Our Last Game Of The Season Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The Official Richard Blight Monkey Hangers Always Seem To Be Our Last Game Of The Season Thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next