mouldyoldgoat
PatDunne
Dane
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Why did I join? Empty
PostSubject: Why did I join?   Why did I join? EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 7:39 pm

Don't know if anyone has seen the family guy episode where Stewie creates 'bitch Stewie' to be his helper (but pretty much slave). Bitch Stewie is designed to be much less intelligent apbut there only as the retarded, less able Stewie.

Reminds me of this site in comparison to PASOTI. This is just 'bitch pasoti' really, and it quite entertains me.

Ah well, this is probably my last post. See you later beys and beyesses.

Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

Why did I join? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did I join?   Why did I join? EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 7:48 pm

See you later asswipe
Back to top Go down

Why did I join? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did I join?   Why did I join? EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 7:49 pm

Please don't go.

We need you.

Etc etc
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

Why did I join? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did I join?   Why did I join? EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 8:04 pm

Why were you ever born?
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Why did I join? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did I join?   Why did I join? EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 8:45 pm

You had the choice, you joined ATD we didn't ask you to or pester you to join, you choose to join ATD.
If you prefer Pasoti (see, we allow another forum to be named on here. People don't have to fear the name being removed or them being banned for mentioning it) then go back there and thank you for giving us the opportunity to read your posts however short your time may be with us (again your choice to stay or go, not ours).

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Why did I join? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did I join?   Why did I join? EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 8:51 pm

Goodbye.It's been emotional.
Back to top Go down

Why did I join? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did I join?   Why did I join? EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 11:51 pm

If I'm going to be brutally honest.. One thing sets apart the two forums.

PASOTI has tigertony.

That is all.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Why did I join? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did I join?   Why did I join? EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 12:08 am

Lucky for us!  Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Why did I join? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did I join?   Why did I join? EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 12:10 am

I'm pretty sure the man is just high all the time.

It's actually quite funny.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Why did I join? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did I join?   Why did I join? EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 12:34 am

Being an Argyle supporter I don't blame him. Sometimes we all need something to dull the pain!  Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Why did I join? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did I join?   Why did I join? EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 12:40 am

Tigertony is grrrrrrreat!
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Why did I join? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did I join?   Why did I join? EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 2:48 am

ATD's content is pretty much what Pasoti's once was.

Pasoti has become an outlet not so much for supporters on the internet but a covert front for the club on the internet and that's fine if that's what you want although why you wouldn't choose to engage directly and openly with the club (or with supporters if you are the club) is beyond me.

But however you cut it Pasoti is now little more than a relic. It's a bit like the Rolling Stones in that it has a strong back catalogue and has been there nearly all the way through but now exists not because it is fun, exciting or relevant but because it is a machine whose only purpose is to serve as a pallid tribute act to its own past glories.

Other than that it's great.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Why did I join? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did I join?   Why did I join? EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 2:52 am

Q: "Why did I join?"

A: Two reasons really but they are essentially the same one. One was the Pasoti real names campaign and the other was Deep Throat but it was real names that drove me over the edge. You can join the dots yourself.
Back to top Go down

Why did I join? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did I join?   Why did I join? EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 9:00 am

Sir Frank has it about right. The internet used to be a different place when the vast majority knew nothing of it's appeal. More an interesting  walk down a country green lane than the present dash up and down Royal Parade stuffing a pasty. Formerly popular and community special interest sites from football to camera talk have been infiltrated and annexed by dullards wanting to control chit chat, spin or sell something. Apart from the odd idiot like the original poster above who obviously has nothing better to do, ATD has managed to avoid the insidious culture that took over across the road following the wrong sorts coveting and finally controlling the buttons. Pasoti's demise has been worse than many other interest sites due to the nature of football and the type it attracts. Their loss. Some people can ruin the most pleasant of beaches.
Back to top Go down

Why did I join? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did I join?   Why did I join? EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 9:54 am

pasoti is just a dead internet forum, it's the corrupt controllers of pasoti and the Club scandal that interest us.
Back to top Go down
hairy j

hairy j

Why did I join? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did I join?   Why did I join? EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 10:14 am

GOB wrote:
pasoti is just a dead internet forum, it's the corrupt controllers of pasoti and the Club scandal that interest us.

The royal we?

Pasoti, mostly, is informative and, although often bland, it is a website I read. It has a place - it's moderate and conservative. Newell has his on/off meltdowns and there's an over-arching "nothing to see" tone from the site when something negative is brought up but 95% of the posters over there are normal fans of the club. Like this one.
Back to top Go down

Why did I join? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did I join?   Why did I join? EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 10:19 am

I joined a while ago, but never really posted. but i started posting the other day just to confirm I was not Luton Green! raised eyebrow 
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Why did I join? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did I join?   Why did I join? EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 10:49 am

BBC1 wrote:
I joined a while ago, but never really posted. but i started posting the other day just to confirm I was not Luton Green! raised eyebrow 

Pffft !  drunken Rock 
Back to top Go down
hairy j

hairy j

Why did I join? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did I join?   Why did I join? EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 11:12 am

BBC1 wrote:

I don't believe you're bbc1. I have it on good authority that you're itv1 +1.
Back to top Go down

Why did I join? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did I join?   Why did I join? EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 11:19 am

hairy j wrote:
GOB wrote:

The royal we?

Pasoti, mostly, is informative and, although often bland, it is a website I read. It has a place - it's moderate and conservative. Newell has his on/off meltdowns and there's an over-arching "nothing to see" tone from the site when something negative is brought up but 95% of the posters over there are normal fans of the club. Like this one.

I wasn't including you in that Hairy.

I would say that 99.9% of the fans over there are normal, but I would also say that 99% of the 99.9% no longer use it. But yes, every Club should have an official site.
Back to top Go down
hairy j

hairy j

Why did I join? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did I join?   Why did I join? EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 11:23 am

Not being inclusive is really nasty GOB. I feel genuinely hurt.
Back to top Go down

Why did I join? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did I join?   Why did I join? EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 11:24 am

hairy j wrote:
BBC1 wrote:

I don't believe you're bbc1. I have it on good authority that you're itv1 +1.
There's only one Billy Big Cheese hairy Rock 
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

Why did I join? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did I join?   Why did I join? EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 12:25 pm

Early Stones was just before my time but I remember when Led Zep, Bowie, Roxy Music etc we're the bollocks. Then it all lost its way and the likes of the over indulgent ELP, Yes, post Gabriel Genesis and all that shite American soft rock came through.
It needed Punk to shake it up.
I liken ATD to Punk whilst Pasoti has become the Carpenters.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Why did I join? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did I join?   Why did I join? EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 12:57 pm

Pasoti had sold out metaphorically a long time before Dave Gadd literally did to Newell and his backers (he's still denying that too, remarkable really. But not unexpected. And absolutely and completely and totally true by the way.)

Of the bands you mention Led Zep were finished before they had out-stayed their welcome which is always the best way, Bowie is something of a one-off but the very early stuff was weak, Roxy also fit the template having gone from being colourful, imaginative, challenging, exciting (Love Is The Drug, Virginia Plain, FYP, etc) to monochrome, tired, slick, dull (Avalon, More Than This). ELP, Yes, Genesis were always over-indulgent so if anything they stayed true to themselves all along which is hard to criticise whether you like them or not. Most bands start off in Oz and end up in Kansas.

The thing is that somebody new has to come along to replace the old and it helps if they are a bit Bad Boy as they do it. Elvis outraged the 50s, the Stones scandalised the 60s, the Pistols raged in the 70s, the 80s went all wrong until dance music struck fear into the heart of the Daily Mail (as young people enjoying themselves always has), we had Nirvana in the 90s and we're still waiting for what's going to come after that but something will.

The more outrage provoked by ATD the better because once it no longer outrages there will be no point to it. At which point the time will have come for ATD2, or whatever it might be called because it would be far better for it to define itself on its own terms rather than with reference to here or anywhere else.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

Why did I join? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did I join?   Why did I join? EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 1:46 pm

Rollo Tomasi wrote:
Early Stones was just before my time but I remember when Led Zep, Bowie, Roxy Music etc we're the bollocks. Then it all lost its way and the likes of the over indulgent ELP, Yes, post Gabriel Genesis and all that shite American soft rock came through.
It needed Punk to shake it up.
I liken ATD to Punk whilst Pasoti has become the Carpenters.

I was lucky enough to see Led Zep at the Ahmet Ertegun tribute concert at the O2. No reason to mention it, I just like bragging  Wink party animal 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Why did I join? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did I join?   Why did I join? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why did I join?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next