Player of the season? Vote_lcap16%Player of the season? Vote_rcap
 16% [ 7 ]
Reuben Reid
Player of the season? Vote_lcap56%Player of the season? Vote_rcap
 56% [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 45

AuthorMessage

Player of the season? Empty
PostSubject: Player of the season?   Player of the season? EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 1:24 pm

My other thread focusing on Sheridan's tendency to play a core of players without rotation, probably serves as a good shortlist.

Trotman
Nelson
Hourihane
Alessandra
Reid

Albeit with a bit of football to be played, who is looking good for your vote?

Last edited by ejh on Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Player of the season?   Player of the season? EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 2:21 pm

Reid.

With honourable mentions for the others you list.

It's a long time since anybody scored as many goals in a season for us. It has to be Reid.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Player of the season?   Player of the season? EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 4:53 pm

Hourihane for me.

Alessandra- if the vote was for December onwards he'd have it nailed down. But he wasn't great before that and now it looks like he'll miss the rest of it.

McCormick- again, if the vote was August-January then he'd probably have it nailed on but he's missed the rest.

Nelson-For me is Hourihane's biggest contender and has been excellent and an entirely unrecognisable player for most of the season

Trotman- Not for me. More of a gaffe prone neccesary evil who we put up with his mistakes because a big shithouse defender who wins headers is neccesary for this league.

Reid- again a close contender. Whilst having 44 games and 7 penalties to take does slightly increase his ability to score goals for us, 18 in all comps is still an impressive total. Also, to play so many is also down to his own fitness levels so fair play to him there. However, for me the consistency levels just makes him lose out on Conor for me.

Hourihane you're at the stage now where you can almost always guarantee a 7/8 out of 10 game from and we've entirely stopped being overran in midfield. He will consistently squeeze the play our way in tight situations- he'll pick up loose balls in a tight midfield that most players wouldn't have the mobility or finesse to get to then regain possession going forward. He can also do a properly attacking midfield role when used correctly too, occupying both a defensive and attacking role all at once. He's also lost his 'pass sideways too often' knack. For me, he's been our most crucial player and our POTY.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Player of the season?   Player of the season? EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 6:09 pm

Hourihane.

He has matured this season and is now an attacking threat. Easily our best midfielder and we might struggle to keep him.

Reid comes second.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Player of the season?   Player of the season? EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 6:47 pm

My thoughts echo those of SFD's
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Player of the season?   Player of the season? EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 7:07 pm

Reid, with others mentioned not far behind. But it's Reid's goals that have made the difference.

And how long since we had two forwards with 10+ goals in the same season?

tim
Back to top Go down
hairy j

hairy j

PostSubject: Re: Player of the season?   Player of the season? EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 7:32 pm

Hourihane. Sensible's vote would be Hourihane too - we seldom agree on much.

Since he was awarded the captaincy, his discipline has improved. His range of passing, composure, attacking play and general captaincy is why. He's been consistant. Allesandra a close second - what an improvement.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Player of the season?   Player of the season? EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 7:43 pm

Reid gets my vote over Hourihane. Reid has improved throughout the season and is starting to show he can do grear things, like he did at torquay. Hourihane has improved so much over the last twelve months but he still does go off the boil now and again. Also one thing he does that I don't like is when he makes a poor pass its never his fault its always the person nearest to him. He did it last night quite a few times.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Player of the season?   Player of the season? EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 9:56 pm

Too early to say yet, some very important games coming up which will sort the men from the boys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Player of the season?   Player of the season? EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 10:06 pm

Don't forget Paul Hayes  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Player of the season?   Player of the season? EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 9:56 am

Poll added Wink
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Player of the season?   Player of the season? EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 5:38 pm

Iggy wrote:
Too early to say yet.

As above.
Back to top Go down
hairy j

hairy j

PostSubject: Re: Player of the season?   Player of the season? EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 6:29 am

This'll be a really low vote as not one of you keyboard warriors even attend. You sit in your urine soaked bedsits, slumped over your desks, gazing, dead-eyed into your monitors and post bile and scandalous libel. You're not even proper fans. You're not wanted by any one.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Quote :
whacha whacka whacka whacka

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Player of the season?   Player of the season? EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 7:44 am

Number One, Reid, without whose goals.......

Best footballer, Hourihane.
Code:

Special Mention Alessandra.

Posted from my urine soaked 4 bed detached.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Player of the season?   Player of the season? EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 12:17 pm

player of the season? g nesbitt.

havent been for a few seasons now...
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Player of the season?   Player of the season? EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 4:55 pm

Let's have a bump for this!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Player of the season?   Player of the season? EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 6:41 pm

Any chance of adding Chris Webb to the list, he's been quite a player this season?  clown 
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Player of the season?   Player of the season? EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 7:27 pm

Unashamedly squeezing as much as they can out of dimwitted janners, with a penchant for trying to 'be someone'. Nauseating .
As it's only three courses, there shouldn't be too much embarrassment with the cutlery.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Player of the season?   Player of the season? EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 7:37 pm

Tring, keep up with the times, pasoti is just sooooooOOOOoooooo....yesterday
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Player of the season?   Player of the season? EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 7:57 pm

Goals at the end of the day win matches .......REUBEN REID.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Player of the season?   Player of the season? EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 10:21 pm

We need a ATD player of the year trophy.  I still have this one lying around.  £850 and it's yours.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Player of the season?   Player of the season? EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 11:13 pm

I vote Bhasera.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Player of the season?   Player of the season? EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 11:22 pm

Reid for me, although Hourihane is looking a good player and is maturing well. Not sure if he's right to be captain though.
Back to top Go down
Jon L

PostSubject: Re: Player of the season?   Player of the season? EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 10:35 am

Reid will get it I think. However our season collapsed with Alessandra's injury against Chesterfield so the value of him to the team should not be underestimated.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Player of the season?   Player of the season? EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 11:22 am

In a nutshell for me Jon L.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Player of the season?   Player of the season? Empty

Back to top Go down

Player of the season?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next