Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Moyes out !!! (Confirmed Sacking 22 April 2014)

Go down 
+13
Chemical Ali
Damon.Lenszner
Lord Tisdale
HD
Dick Trickle
Elias
mouldyoldgoat
Jethro
Greenskin
hairy j
PatDunne
SwimWithTheTide
Dane
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Dane

Dane

Moyes out !!! (Confirmed Sacking 22 April 2014) Empty
PostSubject: Moyes out !!! (Confirmed Sacking 22 April 2014)   Moyes out !!! (Confirmed Sacking 22 April 2014) EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 3:56 pm

Clueless.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moyes out !!! (Confirmed Sacking 22 April 2014)   Moyes out !!! (Confirmed Sacking 22 April 2014) EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 4:05 pm

Moyes in. This is funny.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Moyes out !!! (Confirmed Sacking 22 April 2014)   Moyes out !!! (Confirmed Sacking 22 April 2014) EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 4:23 pm

lol! lol! lol! 
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Moyes out !!! (Confirmed Sacking 22 April 2014)   Moyes out !!! (Confirmed Sacking 22 April 2014) EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 4:29 pm

Moyes wasn't to blame for today. Some idiocy from Rafael didn't help, then a little more stupidity from Phil Jones. I felt the Sturridge pen and Vidic's second yellow for the red was harsh and that Sturridge dived. Reminded me of the incident between Boyd and Hart yesterday.

Otherwise Moyes had set up a pretty organised team that actually looked quite good in their build up. They lacked cutting edge though and are clueless on how to play through the middle (the home game v Fulham really epitomised this). That though, I'd say is down to the players. Because of that they never really threatened Liverpool. I'd drop Van Persie, get Rooney playing up top and let Mata thrive as a central player in behind.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moyes out !!! (Confirmed Sacking 22 April 2014)   Moyes out !!! (Confirmed Sacking 22 April 2014) EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 4:33 pm

No way Dane, Moyes is the best United manager in history.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moyes out !!! (Confirmed Sacking 22 April 2014)   Moyes out !!! (Confirmed Sacking 22 April 2014) EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 4:37 pm

spowell92 wrote:
Moyes wasn't to blame for today. Some idiocy from Rafael didn't help, then a little more stupidity from Phil Jones. I felt the Sturridge pen and Vidic's second yellow for the red was harsh and that Sturridge dived. Reminded me of the incident between Boyd and Hart yesterday.

Otherwise Moyes had set up a pretty organised team that actually looked quite good in their build up. They lacked cutting edge though and are clueless on how to play through the middle (the home game v Fulham really epitomised this). That though, I'd say is down to the players. Because of that they never really threatened Liverpool. I'd drop Van Persie, get Rooney playing up top and let Mata thrive as a central player in behind.

Mata was awful, almost as bad as Fellaini
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Moyes out !!! (Confirmed Sacking 22 April 2014)   Moyes out !!! (Confirmed Sacking 22 April 2014) EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 4:38 pm

Mata's not a wide man. Struggling to gel while he's played as a left winger, right winger and everywhere else bar attacking midfielder.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Moyes out !!! (Confirmed Sacking 22 April 2014)   Moyes out !!! (Confirmed Sacking 22 April 2014) EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 5:04 pm

Maybe if the Man United players were paid a bit more they would perform better?  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Moyes out !!! (Confirmed Sacking 22 April 2014)   Moyes out !!! (Confirmed Sacking 22 April 2014) EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 5:07 pm

Dane, can you point me in the direction of a United forum so I can start a thread about our play off push on there?  jocolor 
Back to top Go down
hairy j

hairy j

PostSubject: Re: Moyes out !!! (Confirmed Sacking 22 April 2014)   Moyes out !!! (Confirmed Sacking 22 April 2014) EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 5:09 pm

improvement and the collapse in fortunes at Old Trafford since manager David Moyes

"It was one of the most comprehensive away

succeeded Sir Alex Ferguson.

performances at Old Trafford for many years. Liverpool absolutely battered them in all areas

Moyes must now pick up a bedraggled team

and United looked like strangers. Make no bones

before Wednesday's return Champions

about it, it could have been six or seven,

League game against Olympiakos, where they need to overcome a 2-0 deficit from the first

"Liverpool were on the front foot and United were

leg in Greece.

nowhere near it. Adnan Januzaj and Juan Mata out wide is not working for them. You can see

For Liverpool, Rodgers and their exultant

why Jose Mourinho got rid of Mata - you need

supporters there are no such concerns. The

legs to get up and down and he hasn't got that. There's no point him being on the pitch."

Robbie Savage.

Don't agree about Mata but the rest is fairly accurate.

Ha! Glad united are becoming mortal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moyes out !!! (Confirmed Sacking 22 April 2014)   Moyes out !!! (Confirmed Sacking 22 April 2014) EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 5:30 pm

The poor luuuvies are missing their leader. Old despotic dynasties are often very brittle and prone to catastrophic collapse. They have no proper root and just flower from the top. Bless.
As for dropping Van Persie ? Get outta town Very Happy 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moyes out !!! (Confirmed Sacking 22 April 2014)   Moyes out !!! (Confirmed Sacking 22 April 2014) EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 5:42 pm

I was lampooned on here for suggesting Moyes was the wrong man for United.  popcorn
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Moyes out !!! (Confirmed Sacking 22 April 2014)   Moyes out !!! (Confirmed Sacking 22 April 2014) EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 5:51 pm

spowell92 wrote:
Dane, can you point me in the direction of a United forum so I can start a thread about our play off push on there?  jocolor 

http://www.redcafe.net/forums/manchester-united-forum.6/

Blimey,they've got more members than ATD! The punters are not happy-the "Moyes so far" thread has reached 642 pages! lol! 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moyes out !!! (Confirmed Sacking 22 April 2014)   Moyes out !!! (Confirmed Sacking 22 April 2014) EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 6:07 pm

The red part of Manchester have always had a funny Scot bias, and I guess the Moyes thing is part of that. Almost certainly they would have done better with a smooth Italian.

Who can forget Docherty's reign and relegation, with a team absolutely packed with sub standard Scots. And all that followed directly on from the height of Best, Law and Charlton.
All a bit like Blobby tried on down here with his Makels and Lasleys et al, while showing the likes of Friio the door.
All things must end. The West is on it's uppers, so look at the Russians getting all Bolshi. It's how life is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moyes out !!! (Confirmed Sacking 22 April 2014)   Moyes out !!! (Confirmed Sacking 22 April 2014) EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 6:13 pm

The red part of Manchester have always had a funny Scot bias, and I guess the Moyes thing is part of that. Almost certainly they would have done better with a smooth Italian.

Who can forget Docherty's reign and relegation, with a team absolutely packed with sub standard Scots. And all that followed directly on from the height of Best, Law and Charlton.
All a bit like Blobby tried on down here with his Makels and Lasleys et al, while showing the likes of Friio the door.
All things must end. The West is on it's uppers, so look at the Russians getting all Bolshi. It's how life is.
If not that, I reckon it's the jet stream. It's moved south of Old Trafford.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moyes out !!! (Confirmed Sacking 22 April 2014)   Moyes out !!! (Confirmed Sacking 22 April 2014) EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 6:15 pm

At least now that they're shite you will be able to get tickets easier Dane.  Razz 
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Moyes out !!! (Confirmed Sacking 22 April 2014)   Moyes out !!! (Confirmed Sacking 22 April 2014) EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 6:29 pm

Ahahahahahahahhahahahahaha lovely bit of money thanks to moyes ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
watch the glory armchair supporters cry ahahahaha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moyes out !!! (Confirmed Sacking 22 April 2014)   Moyes out !!! (Confirmed Sacking 22 April 2014) EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 7:11 pm

Mata was piss poor, a luxury player. Midfield was overrun, defence shit themselves whenever Liverpool ran at them, up front van Persie looked short of match fitness and clearly going in the summer, janujaz looked lightweight.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Moyes out !!! (Confirmed Sacking 22 April 2014)   Moyes out !!! (Confirmed Sacking 22 April 2014) EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 7:29 pm

spowell92 wrote:

Idiot. The team was overloaded with attacking players against one of the top scoring teams in Europe.

Moyes sends them out week after week in the same old fashioned 442. That formation is gone now. Only him and woy still play this. Dinosaurs.

He signs Matta then plays him on the wing ????

Didn't make a sub till 75th minute. Should have bought wellbeck on at half time.

All the people around where I was sat were talking about a giggs and mick phelen partnership next season. Don't think I'd be up for that.

Long drive home now.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Moyes out !!! (Confirmed Sacking 22 April 2014)   Moyes out !!! (Confirmed Sacking 22 April 2014) EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 7:50 pm

Plymouth isn't that far.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moyes out !!! (Confirmed Sacking 22 April 2014)   Moyes out !!! (Confirmed Sacking 22 April 2014) EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 8:10 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Plymouth isn't that far.

laugh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moyes out !!! (Confirmed Sacking 22 April 2014)   Moyes out !!! (Confirmed Sacking 22 April 2014) EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 8:20 pm

Dane. wrote:
spowell92 wrote:

Idiot.    The team was overloaded with attacking players against one of the top scoring teams in Europe.

Moyes sends them out week after week in the same old fashioned 442. That formation is gone now. Only him and woy still play this.  Dinosaurs.

Didn't make a sub till 75th minute. Should have bought wellbeck on at half time.

All the people around where I was sat were talking about a giggs and mick phelen partnership next season. Don't think I'd be up for that.  

Long drive home now.

That was a quick drive lol!
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Moyes out !!! (Confirmed Sacking 22 April 2014)   Moyes out !!! (Confirmed Sacking 22 April 2014) EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 8:28 pm

Dane. wrote:
spowell92 wrote:

Idiot.    The team was overloaded with attacking players against one of the top scoring teams in Europe.

Moyes sends them out week after week in the same old fashioned 442. That formation is gone now. Only him and woy still play this.  Dinosaurs.

Long drive home now.
long drive how far away are you from your armchair?
doubt you could do a better job,given your track record.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Moyes out !!! (Confirmed Sacking 22 April 2014)   Moyes out !!! (Confirmed Sacking 22 April 2014) EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 8:31 pm

641 pages to go!  Very Happy 

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moyes out !!! (Confirmed Sacking 22 April 2014)   Moyes out !!! (Confirmed Sacking 22 April 2014) EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 9:03 pm

Dane. wrote:
spowell92 wrote:

Long drive home now.

I thought they were playing. 4-2-3-1? Still playing 2 holding players at home to your worst enemy is pretty poor. He got everything wrong today and needs putting out of his misery ASAP.
To think all they had is ask Jose . Cheers sir bobby! lol! 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moyes out !!! (Confirmed Sacking 22 April 2014)   Moyes out !!! (Confirmed Sacking 22 April 2014) Empty

Back to top Go down

Moyes out !!! (Confirmed Sacking 22 April 2014)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next