Jethro
Dane
hairy j
8 posters
AuthorMessage
hairy j

hairy j

Dan Gosling on FA charge Empty
PostSubject: Dan Gosling on FA charge   Dan Gosling on FA charge EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 6:15 pm

From the bbc - I can't post links yet.

Not looking good for Gosling.
Quote :
Newcastle midfielder Dan Gosling has admitted a Football Association misconduct charge in relation to betting rules.

The FA says the charge concerns "multiple breaches" and that Gosling has requested a personal hearing to answer his case.

The breaches do not relate to matches involving Newcastle or Blackpool, where he has been on loan this season.

The date of the hearing for the 24-year-old has yet to be set.

Gosling is back with Newcastle after having a loan spell with Blackpool earlier in the season.

He was a regular during his three-month stint at the Championship side but has only made three substitute appearances since returning to the Magpies at the start of January.

Gosling's breach of betting rules relates to Rule E8(b) of the FA's regulations.

The rule states a player: "shall not bet, either directly or indirectly" on matches involving themselves or their team as well as the competition they play in or have played in.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Dan Gosling on FA charge   Dan Gosling on FA charge EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 7:02 pm

So what.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Dan Gosling on FA charge   Dan Gosling on FA charge EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 8:05 pm

Dane. wrote:
So what.

just shows he left here too soon,
maybe a few more years here would have prevented this.
poor kid was easily turned by a corrupt agent who told him he could get away with it.
heavy fine headed his way.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Dan Gosling on FA charge   Dan Gosling on FA charge EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 9:30 pm

He left at the right time. Scoring in a Merseyside derby at 18 ffs. Injury fooked him, not his lack of allegiance to a club about to plummet to the basement of the football league.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Dan Gosling on FA charge   Dan Gosling on FA charge EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 9:40 pm

Jethro wrote:
Dane. wrote:
So what.

poor kid was easily turned by a corrupt agent who told him he could get away with it.

Yeh he should have stayed at a club that wouldn't have paid him for the best part of a year

Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Dan Gosling on FA charge   Dan Gosling on FA charge EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 10:20 pm

Dane. wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Dane. wrote:
So what.

Yeah he should have stayed at a club, that wouldn't have paid him for the best part of a year.

that's better
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Dan Gosling on FA charge   Dan Gosling on FA charge EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 1:06 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
He left at the right time. Scoring in a Merseyside derby at 18 ffs. Injury fooked him, not his lack of allegiance to a club about to plummet to the basement of the football league.
Exactly. It's a shame cause he had huge potential once.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dan Gosling on FA charge   Dan Gosling on FA charge EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 1:49 am

I dont know Sam, not really.  He stood out for his maturity and ability to cover several positions. But he never had any striking attributes - pace, dribbling, passing, vision. He was just competent at everything.

As a 17 year old in a 2nd tier side, he looked good all round. But where was the next step after that?

I honestly think at 17 we saw the best of Dan Gosling.  And he is nowhere near a Prem level player.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Dan Gosling on FA charge   Dan Gosling on FA charge EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 8:06 am

In some ways I feel sorry for the guy as I'm sure he's been badly advised.

He was made scoring the winner in a Merseyside game yet screwed Everton royally to move to Newcastle.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Dan Gosling on FA charge   Dan Gosling on FA charge EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 10:27 am

Dick Trickle wrote:

He was made scoring the winner in a Merseyside game yet screwed Everton royally to move to Newcastle.

And Argyle! Mad 

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Dan Gosling on FA charge   Dan Gosling on FA charge EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 10:40 am

Shame how injury has plight what should have been a fabulous career. This gambling charge won't amount to much. Lots of footballers been picked up on this in recent years and there seems to be a lack of knowledge in the footballing profession as to the rules. I think basically he can't bet on any tournament he's directly involved in. So being at Newcastle he can't bet on FA Cup, League Cup or. Premier League and presumably because of his loan to Blackpool he can't bet on the Championship either. But I'm guessing Leagues One and Two will be okay?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dan Gosling on FA charge   Dan Gosling on FA charge EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 12:03 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:

In Gosling's mind, he was picking up a huge signing on fee, increasing his wage, whilst signing for a bigger club with a stable future in the Premier League.

Screwing over Everton for that must have made him several hundreds of thousands of pounds richer whilst not damaging his career prospects.

His agent is/was the true shyster. He agreed a deal with Everton and obviously gave them full confidence the player was happy with terms for a long term future. Secretly he was lining up a deal with Newcastle. Then when the formalities were not concluded by the book, Everton were absolutely burned. A real shame for them after a £2.5m investment they were bringing through well.

But essentially, the agent shafted them to both his and his client's enormous profit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dan Gosling on FA charge   Dan Gosling on FA charge EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 12:07 pm

The agent screwed Argyle over too.

A number of add ons that were tied up in Gosling's Everton future can't have been insignificant, and it vanished into thin air the day he signed for Newcastle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dan Gosling on FA charge   Dan Gosling on FA charge Empty

Back to top Go down

Dan Gosling on FA charge
Page 1 of 1