Lawreson v Woody

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Lawreson v Woody Empty
PostSubject: Lawreson v Woody   Lawreson v Woody EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 1:10 pm

BBC Sport expert Mark Lawrenson

Premier League and FA Cup predictions: Lawrenson vs Bastille drummer Woody

BBC Sport's football expert Mark Lawrenson is pitting his wits against a different guest each week this season.
Play media

Bastille star's Focus predictions

His opponent for the weekend Premier League fixtures and FA Cup sixth round ties is Bastille drummer Chris 'Woody' Wood.

As well as helping his band win the British Breakthrough Act award at this year's Brits, 'Woody' is a lifelong Plymouth fan who co-commentated on Argyle's 2-1 win over Dagenham & Redbridge last month for BBC Radio Devon.

"I was indoctrinated as a five-year-old thanks to my dad dragging me along to games and I have been a Green ever since," he told BBC Sport.

"Being an Argyle fan has had its ups and downs - and mostly downs in recent years. It has been a turbulent few seasons with constant relegation battles that we have not always won, but we seem to have turned it around this season."

Now the commentator has turned predictor and Wood is confident of beating Lawro and featuring near the top of the guest leaderboard.

"Lawro is bang in trouble, let's be honest," Wood added. "This is probably going to come back and haunt me but, weirdly, I am not too bad at guessing scores."

Wood is backing Everton to win at Arsenal in the FA Cup, and bottom side Fulham to beat relegation rivals Cardiff in the Premier League. He is also tipping Argyle to win their "grudge match" with Bristol Rovers 3-1, and boost their League Two play-off hopes.

You can see all of Wood's predictions on Football Focus at 12:00 GMT on Saturday on BBC One and the BBC Sport website (in the UK).
Back to top Go down

Lawreson v Woody
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: Half Time-
Jump to: