The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wayne Rooney

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Wayne Rooney Empty
PostSubject: Wayne Rooney   Wayne Rooney EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 11:03 pm

I dont care how good they say he is still he is not deserving of £300,000 A WEEK
Back to top Go down

Wayne Rooney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wayne Rooney   Wayne Rooney EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 11:10 pm

Absolutely ludicrous - bordering disgusting. How the hell can that be justified? Let's face it, he's not the player he was several seasons ago, but he's somehow able to negotiate pay rise after pay rise!!

I can't get my head around that amount of money/month. I mean, that would take me at least 5 million years to earn that.

Is it time for a wages cap for premiership players?

Back to top Go down

Wayne Rooney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wayne Rooney   Wayne Rooney EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 11:23 pm

Person Of Interest wrote:
Absolutely ludicrous - bordering disgusting. How the hell can that be justified? Let's face it, he's not the player he was several seasons ago, but he's somehow able to negotiate pay rise after pay rise!!

I can't get my head around that amount of money/month. I mean, that would take me at least 5 million years to earn that.

Is it time for a wages cap for premiership players?

Shows how bad things have become since fergie left. He would never have allowed Rooney to take the piss out of the club like that.
Back to top Go down

Wayne Rooney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wayne Rooney   Wayne Rooney EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 11:36 pm

Fergie would of thrown something at him if Rooney went to AF and asked for a pay rise to 300k. I think AF would of told him to p*ss of to another club if he thinks he's going to pay him that sort of money.

In this instance, I think, (if he has anything to do with renegotiating contracts) Moyes is weak. He should take a leaf out of AF's book and told Rooney to feckoff.
Back to top Go down

Wayne Rooney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wayne Rooney   Wayne Rooney EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 6:47 am

I might be wrong but Ferguson (and Brian Clough) before him, always ensured he was the highest earning person in terms of the playing staff. £42,000 a day. Tax on that is just over £140,000 a week so, if it's just a normal wage/tax situation, poor Wayne will only take home £160,000 a week.
Add to that all the endorsement deals plus bonuses, appearance money and the usual free stuff that celebrity status brings, he's revoltingly rich.
I'd very much doubt that Moyes even had a say - Premier League managers don't sign players these days. The days of Brian Clough popping in for a cup of tea to sign you up are long gone.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

Wayne Rooney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wayne Rooney   Wayne Rooney EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 10:51 pm

If it was on the table anyone one of us would take it if it was on offer,

Its just the way it is, the going rate, market forces

Back to top Go down

Wayne Rooney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wayne Rooney   Wayne Rooney EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 11:08 pm

Market forces shouldn't mean that the market (ie the people who work the market) operates without morality. "Market forces" is a convenient way for the greedy in society to dig their snouts even deeper whilst trying to absolve them selves of any responsibility.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Wayne Rooney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wayne Rooney   Wayne Rooney EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 11:29 pm

I remember when United signed Cantona from Leeds on a 10 grand a week deal. That was not much more than 20 years ago and seemed a huge wage at he time. If you'd predicted that a player at the same club would be on 30 times that salary twenty one years later you'd have been carted off to the nuthouse. It's a crazy amount to pay even a Ronaldo or a Messi, let alone someone who in a good season only gets you half the goals of the aforementioned duo.

What this deal does do though, is safeguard a decent transfer fee for United should Rooney decide he wants to flounce in the next year or two.
Back to top Go down

Wayne Rooney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wayne Rooney   Wayne Rooney EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 11:50 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
I remember when United signed Cantona from Leeds on a 10 grand a week deal. That was not much more than 20 years ago and seemed a huge wage at he time. If you'd predicted that a player at the same club would be on 30 times that salary twenty one years later you'd have been carted off to the nuthouse. It's a crazy amount to pay even a Ronaldo or a Messi, let alone someone who in a good season only gets you half the goals of the aforementioned duo.

What this deal does do though, is safeguard a decent transfer fee for United should Rooney decide he wants to flounce in the next year or two.

He will do however he is fast approaching 30 so i dont see the big clubs of europe or even mls/china offering United big money for him if he was younger. They will get a good price certainly but not near £70m like his contract is for.
I can see his new deal could snowballing for United and other clubs now because now an English club has offered £300,000 a week to player other players are going to want a taste of that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wayne Rooney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wayne Rooney   Wayne Rooney Empty

Back to top Go down

Wayne Rooney
Page 1 of 1