HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The goal scoring milkman is 70 today.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tringreen

Tringreen

The goal scoring milkman is 70 today. Empty
PostSubject: The goal scoring milkman is 70 today.   The goal scoring milkman is 70 today. EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 2:35 pm

Those were the days ! Jonny Williams regularly belting the ball over the Devonport and into the car park and Mike Bickle looking anything but a footballer, yet scored 74 goals for Argyle in 195 games.
Anyone else remember the song sung in the Devonport to this tune [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] with the lyrics........

Aye aye aye aye ! Shearing is better than Yashin. Bickle is better than Eusebio and [insert opposing club] are in for a thrashin !

Or was it just me and my gay mates ?
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: The goal scoring milkman is 70 today.   The goal scoring milkman is 70 today. EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 4:09 pm

Remember it well, those were the days.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The goal scoring milkman is 70 today.   The goal scoring milkman is 70 today. EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 5:26 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Those were the days ! Jonny Williams regularly belting the ball over the Devonport and into the car park and Mike Bickle looking anything but a footballer, yet scored 74 goals for Argyle in 195 games.
Anyone else remember the song sung in the Devonport to this tune [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] with the lyrics........

Aye aye aye aye ! Shearing is better than Yashin. Bickle is better than Eusebio and [insert opposing club] are in for a thrashin !

Or was it just me and my gay mates ?
The first football song i ever heard was that classic tringy lol!
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: The goal scoring milkman is 70 today.   The goal scoring milkman is 70 today. EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 7:14 pm

King Bickle.His scoring record was very good,especially as Argyle were by and large a struggling side in his time at the club.Seem to remember that he was injured for the first half of the 1967/8 season and we were duly relegated without his goals,much the same as when Wright-Phillips got crocked at the start of our last CCC relegation.Funny how history repeats.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The goal scoring milkman is 70 today.   The goal scoring milkman is 70 today. EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 10:32 am

Mike Bickle .... an Argyle legend. Based on his goal-scoring record, he should be in Argyle's team of all time.

As for belting the ball over the stand or onto the roof - that used to happen far more than it does nowadays.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The goal scoring milkman is 70 today.   The goal scoring milkman is 70 today. EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 7:52 pm

Completely different balls in those days. The present balls dip and swerve like a politician's weightless promise.
Modern players have to kick the ball like a duck. Most inelegant.
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: The goal scoring milkman is 70 today.   The goal scoring milkman is 70 today. EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 8:10 pm

I remember his debut at southampton...I was there behind the goal; with a duffle bag full of toilet rolls...there you go bicks happy birthday,,,,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The goal scoring milkman is 70 today.   The goal scoring milkman is 70 today. Empty

Back to top Go down

The goal scoring milkman is 70 today.
Page 1 of 1