GreenSam
greensleeves
Lord Tisdale
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Can't believe you boys have missed the chance Empty
PostSubject: Can't believe you boys have missed the chance   Can't believe you boys have missed the chance EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 4:47 pm

To have a pop after our revered vice chairman went on Sky to tell the world how skint we are after only telling the same people that we were the "richest club in the country" just a short while ago.

Tagg is such a donkey and is one of many drawing good wages for very little recognisable return, going on tele to advertise exactly how skint we are is an act of such utter naivety as to be hard to believe, when you'rs skint you keep it in house and speak quietly to interested parties and potential funding sources, apparently we are struggling with the wages due to two games being cancelled last minute, a very expensive way to cancel a game.

This just shows how badly the club is being run, off field costs are far too big and there is no retained profit to cover unforseens, it is pure amateur hour in our boadroom with a pack of suited leeches feathering their own nests and the nests of their buddies. Not much of an analogy there, leeches should be sucking blood not feathering nests, but you know what I mean.

Oh how I envy you with a right bleedin bast in charge making shore you squeeze every possible benefit out of each and every penny that comes through the door.

Trust ownership is a great ideal but falls down unless the people elected to maintain some form of governance over its employees cut the mustard, Tisdales £150k pa on a two year rolling contract is a joke for a club of our size, add to that £60k for Perryman who hardly puts in an appearance, as Director of footbal. £60k for Tagg as sporting director and vice chairman, £25k for a man Utd supporting chairman who does nothing and shows utter contempt for the club's owners, £50k for Henderson a complete waste of space as Commercial Manager who likes to have a drink then drive home, £50k for the new CEO who we haven't heard a word from since he slipped in under the wire, not to mention around £40k in bunce money for the other directors.

That is way over £400k pa on a turnover which may well not reach £2 million for basically useless Suits, and they seem non plussed by the fact that we have got no cash.

Well they can fook off if they think the likes of moi are gonna bail them out, I will happily give Wimbledon the gate money Saturday but I will not be returning to Sid James, buying any merchandise or renewing my Trust subscriptions until this bunch are gone.

Sorry for this rant lads, I know you boys' sights are now set higher since you strolled past us, I am just a tad bored after trying to find out why one of my credit cards has been frozen despite the fecking account being in credit, yes credit!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can't believe you boys have missed the chance   Can't believe you boys have missed the chance EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 5:07 pm

i would say it wont be long before city are back in the mire if they are pissing money away like that. Do they have any outside benefactors that invest or is it all trust funds that operate the club?
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: Can't believe you boys have missed the chance   Can't believe you boys have missed the chance EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 5:19 pm

interesting post tiddler fans trusts not all they're cracked up to be,,,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can't believe you boys have missed the chance   Can't believe you boys have missed the chance EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 5:21 pm

greensleeves wrote:

if thats not an attempt at  fishing i dont know what is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can't believe you boys have missed the chance   Can't believe you boys have missed the chance EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 5:22 pm

I personally think a manager is THE most important of the football staff at a club.

150K is a good deal for Tisdale. He could have done a smaller Sturrock bale out for more money long ago.
The rest of the salaries you quote don't sound good for a Trust run club, and I totally understand why someone would not want to support such figures. Just like our Run by fans for fans model that bombed eventually with greedy eyes, the people that are involved need to be of better stuff. The Trust model is a good one compared to the normal private company mill owner routine, but both models depend on decent people.
Was there any pushing, barging and a bullyin' when the Trust was setting out it's stall to run the club. In other words, where and when did the wrong individuals in your mind, Tiddles, get the gig ?
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Can't believe you boys have missed the chance   Can't believe you boys have missed the chance EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 6:35 pm

Angry wrote:
greensleeves wrote:

if thats not an attempt at  fishing i dont know what is.
Indeed.

A Trust owned club and a Trust-influenced club have the world of difference between them.
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: Can't believe you boys have missed the chance   Can't believe you boys have missed the chance EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 6:46 pm

angry,,,,genuine interest hence my interesting post comment.the good and the not so good of fan ownership it would seem.exeter appear to be being bled dry by the leeches of the fans trust(tiddlers words)..greed is everywhere in football boardrooms whether privately owned or fans trusts..
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Can't believe you boys have missed the chance   Can't believe you boys have missed the chance EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 7:05 pm

,,,, Sleep 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can't believe you boys have missed the chance   Can't believe you boys have missed the chance EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 7:10 pm

Well, in that case then Mr Sleeves, we might as well have a Trust owned club. At least then we decide democratically by vote who gets to earn the decent money at the club, rather than return to some Lark Rise to Candleford with some Brent squire limping up the path with a dodgy business plan and disastrous record at Citibank. None of these people might know what they're doing, and Brent is certainly off piste, to be kind, but there's half a chance that Trust elected officials might just have tuppence of empathy with the Nike serfs that pay the wages.
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: Can't believe you boys have missed the chance   Can't believe you boys have missed the chance EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 7:20 pm

WG,,,with a trust owned club you would have more snouts in the trough than you could poke a stick at.argyle is owned by James Brent.(a safe pair of hands)I dont think the present trust board  have a cat in hell's chance of influencing James Brent no matter how many polls,surveys,reports they undertake. Graham Clark's comments on the other site are worth reading,as indeed are arrythewurzel who appears very clued up as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can't believe you boys have missed the chance   Can't believe you boys have missed the chance EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 7:26 pm

greensleeves wrote:
angry,,,,genuine interest hence my interesting post comment.the good and the not so good of fan ownership it would seem.exeter appear to be being bled dry by the leeches of the fans trust(tiddlers words)..greed is everywhere in football boardrooms whether privately owned or fans trusts..

I would say our club needs to look at how much nool and horatio are costing in all the freebies they count up every game. Im sure they do jack all to warrant press passes and vip treatment every game?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can't believe you boys have missed the chance   Can't believe you boys have missed the chance EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 8:00 pm

Mr Sleeves, I don't have a problem with snouts in a trough. We're all animals, Brent included, and we all need to eat, and 8,000 snouts in a trough is better than one man and his dog having it to themselves. If you can't understand that, I wonder what on earth DHS ever taught you.
This Brent love in is no different than a myth of some squire feeding the 5000, or however many. It's ludicrous to believe that. The football club stream is being diverted as we speak.

I agree with you regarding the AFT and their hope to stop Brent in his tracks. I suspect they're going through the motions, very similar to the way Chadders played his football, on another thread on here today, pointless and doomed to failure. They need to up the anti, but they won't .... citing dubiously, there is no mandate to do so.
But then this is Plymouth, and just maybe they have a point looking at the last 400 years.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Can't believe you boys have missed the chance   Can't believe you boys have missed the chance EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 8:33 pm

greensleeves wrote:
at.argyle is owned by James Brent.(a safe pair of hands).

Really..?

Safer than who?

Stapes?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can't believe you boys have missed the chance   Can't believe you boys have missed the chance EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 8:37 pm

Rickler wrote:
greensleeves wrote:
at.argyle is owned by James Brent.(a safe pair of hands).

Really..?

Safer than who?

Stapes?

Pre-bloody-cisely

If there are pigs that want to poke their snout in then at least I would have the pig that I had voted for with a Fans Trust as the owner.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can't believe you boys have missed the chance   Can't believe you boys have missed the chance EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 8:48 pm

Al's fishing, trust in the speccy banker? i dont think so. not a big trust fan myself, i'd rather have mr tan, or mr lotsadoshavov, meself.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Can't believe you boys have missed the chance   Can't believe you boys have missed the chance EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 9:07 pm

greensleeves wrote:

The Trust ideal is great, the fans are the club and should "own" it, the problems come when the structure us wrong, Pompey and the Wombles were far more clever when establishing their constitutions, their directors are unpaid, much of their management is voluntary and subject to proper peer review by the membership, the muppets who set ours up bought a bill of goods from the tw@ Trotskyist who ran Supporters Direct at the time, they put no effective controls in place which has allowed brain deads like Tagg to run things as he sees fit with little or no governance,

We are top heavy with no necks which has created a situation where ever increasing numbers of long term fans are turning their backs on the club, the Trust membership should be a huge cash cow to be milked on a regular basis but there has never been the necessary level of engagement and now I believe it is too late for the incumbent regime to turn that around. There is next to no commercial activity at the club, we don't even run the club shop or the web site, that was farmed out to yet more 'club' cronies, yet we still have a multitude of paid individuals supposedly working in that area.

Tisdale's contract is the real ball breaker, the average for a 4th division manager is I believe around £60k with an average tenure of under two years, Tisdale gets two and a half times that, has absolute tenure and lords it despite producing a squad that is struggling in one the weakest 4th divs I can remember, he is the proverbial albatross around our neck, all he delivers is failure yet the impression is we cannot afford to get rid, imho we can't afford not to, he can take Perryman, Tagg, Henderson, Wolfie and Chorlton with him, on field performances would struggle to be any worse and off field  simply couldn't be, lose that lot and there would be a serious upsurge of interest and offers of help from the fan base.

I have no problem paying big money when it related to success, when Tisdale got us to 8th in the 3rd £150k was money well spent but there was no provision for his income to be reduced when things went fubar, now we are there we should at worst be paying the average for a crap 4th div club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can't believe you boys have missed the chance   Can't believe you boys have missed the chance EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 10:15 pm

I am a great believer in a elected fans trust owning a percentage of the club on behalf of fans and a seat on the board at every club. Pity Brent never offered that when was trying to fleece the fans trust of money and nothing in return for it.
Back to top Go down
stephensdad

PostSubject: Re: Can't believe you boys have missed the chance   Can't believe you boys have missed the chance EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 5:35 am

Lord Tisdale wrote:
To have a pop after our revered vice chairman went on Sky to tell the world how skint we are after only telling the same people that we were the "richest club in the country" just a short while ago.

Tagg is such a donkey and is one of many drawing good wages for very little recognisable return, going on tele to advertise exactly how skint we are is an act of such utter naivety as to be hard to believe, when you'rs skint you keep it in house and speak quietly to interested parties and potential funding sources, apparently we are struggling with the wages due to two games being cancelled last minute, a very expensive way to cancel a game.

This just shows how badly the club is being run, off field costs are far too big and there is no retained profit to cover unforseens, it is pure amateur hour in our boadroom with a pack of suited leeches feathering their own nests and the nests of their buddies. Not much of an analogy there, leeches should be sucking blood not feathering nests, but you know what I mean.

Oh how I envy you with a right bleedin bast in charge making shore you squeeze every possible benefit out of each and every penny that comes through the door.

Trust ownership is a great ideal but falls down unless the people elected to maintain some form of governance over its employees cut the mustard, Tisdales £150k pa on a two year rolling contract is a joke for a club of our size, add to that £60k for Perryman who hardly puts in an appearance, as Director of footbal. £60k for Tagg as sporting director and vice chairman, £25k for a man Utd supporting chairman who does nothing and shows utter contempt for the club's owners, £50k for Henderson a complete waste of space as Commercial Manager who likes to have a drink then drive home, £50k for the new CEO who we haven't heard a word from since he slipped in under the wire, not to mention around £40k in bunce money for the other directors.

That is way over £400k pa on a turnover which may well not reach £2 million for basically useless Suits, and they seem non plussed by the fact that we have got no cash.

Well they can fook off if they think the likes of moi are gonna bail them out, I will happily give Wimbledon the gate money Saturday but I will not be returning to Sid James, buying any merchandise or renewing my Trust subscriptions until this bunch are gone.

Sorry for this rant lads, I know you boys' sights are now set higher since you strolled past us, I am just a tad bored after trying to find out why one of my credit cards has been frozen despite the fecking account being in credit, yes credit!

You are quite right my sight is set alot a higher than you guys but me and many others have a lot of respect for the true football fan. I,d rather have banter with an Exeter City fan than a plastic Manc or scouse any day of the week.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can't believe you boys have missed the chance   Can't believe you boys have missed the chance EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 7:55 am

I agree with most of what Tis says in the above post, when we were in admin. I along with many other "real fans" dug deep to keep the club going in those dark days. It wasn't long after Brent had "reluctantly" rolled into town that I withdrew my support. If we had 10,000 fans who not only wanted to attend matches but wouldn't mind shoving fifty quid into the coffers when needed you have a big machine started with a bit of momentum. I can't wait for the day that we start properly down that route, Porky would have to change his identity again to get involved, it would be worth it just to feck him and the superfans off and finally drive them out of home park.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Can't believe you boys have missed the chance   Can't believe you boys have missed the chance EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 1:27 pm

Iggy wrote:
Porky would have to change his identity again to get involved, it would be worth it just to feck him and the superfans off and finally drive them out of home park.

Iggy Piggy, you have just got to stop with this.

If you were sat in a full house at Gnome Park you would be there with probably at least a thousand racists, maybe as many homophobes, drug users, wife beaters, a fair spread of paedophiles, rapists, burglars, child molesters and maybe a murderer or three, you are all Gargs, you don't have to love each other, you should be able to tolerate and work together.

FFS, if our late lamented bud Red Star and the Porker can get involved in big time, online man love Shirley you guys can find away to put things behind you for the benefit of your club?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can't believe you boys have missed the chance   Can't believe you boys have missed the chance EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 5:51 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Iggy wrote:
Porky would have to change his identity again to get involved, it would be worth it just to feck him and the superfans off and finally drive them out of home park.

If you were sat in a full house at Gnome Park you would be there with probably at least a thousand racists, maybe as many homophobes, drug users, wife beaters, a fair spread of paedophiles, rapists, burglars, child molesters and maybe a murderer or three, you are all Gargs, you don't have to love each other, you should be able to tolerate and work together.

FFS, if our late lamented bud Red Star and the Porker can get involved in big time, online man love Shirley you guys can find away to put things behind you for the benefit of your club?

Bollocks, there are some people that Can't be involved with business, he's one of them, what's the phrase? Not fit for purpose I think.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: Can't believe you boys have missed the chance   Can't believe you boys have missed the chance EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 6:03 pm

iggy...quite a few of those at exeter being not fit for purpose,,,,trust people as well drawing FAT salaries,,,,,,,,,
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Can't believe you boys have missed the chance   Can't believe you boys have missed the chance EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 6:21 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Iggy wrote:

Lord Tisdale Esq.
Counseling & Reconciliation Services.
(Special rates for estranged Argyle/City fans)

Joshing aside, WTF is the story with TRS? My judgement of character credentials took a bit of a heavy blow with him there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can't believe you boys have missed the chance   Can't believe you boys have missed the chance Empty

Back to top Go down

Can't believe you boys have missed the chance
Page 1 of 1