lawnmowerman
Czarcasm
mouldyoldgoat
Elias
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

In the "News" today. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 11:25 am

GOB wrote:
PEOPLE can be known to act like children after getting a few drinks down them but one Plymouth man took it a step too far last night.

A man, believed to be 19-years-old, had to be rescued by firefighters after getting himself stuck in a pub’s baby high chair.

Firefighters found the teenager lying on the floor at the new Wetherspoon's pub in Plympton trapped in the child’s contraption after his prank got a little tight for comfort.

Watch Manager Pete Watts from Plymstock said: “He decided to climb into a wooden highchair and had got stuck.

“He ended up laid out on the floor with a baby’s seat around him.

“He was young but obviously not young enough to still fit in the chair.

“He must have thought it was a good idea at the time but wasn’t so chuffed when he got stuck.”

The Plymstock crew, who were called at around 9.15pm, used a floor-board saw to cut the bar from around the drinker, taking just a minute to set him free.

He then faced an angry manager of The Stannary Court on the Ridgeway, who demanded that he pay for the damage.

Plymstock crew attended as firefighters from Plympton were dealing with a road traffic accident at the time. The accident turned out to be a false alarm.

LOL

That happened once in the Directors Box at Argyle when a fat man got stuck in his seat.

What an idiot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 11:30 am

GOB wrote:

It's soon intended to remove the railings and to build a wall on the banks of the Plym and on the embankment for coastal protection
What, with the price of breeze blocks these days ?  jocolor All sounds a bit imminent to me.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 12:18 pm

i heard that nool wont hear a bad word against that storm and his lovely family
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 12:39 pm

The Hoe was relatively benign just now, westerly wind coming over the top of Mount Edgecombe and the Rame peninsula.

Fort Bovi not so protected tho....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 1:09 pm

Are the gates open at Bovi Czar or did you cheat?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 1:28 pm

Gates are combi-locked to the public yeah... Very Happy 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 7:53 pm

I used to fish off Bovi pier before they sold it to the yuppies. I went to Whitsand and it was blowing a hooly straight onshore. The waves were big but again I've seen much bigger. Kingsands and Cawsands were pretty calm but the tide was only half way in. Clock tower looks fooked but at least they have got a couple of acrow props in and a few blokes doing things to at least try and hold it up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 8:07 pm

Iggy wrote:
I used to fish off Bovi pier before they sold it to the yuppies. I went to Whitsand and it was blowing a hooly straight onshore. The waves were big but again I've seen much bigger. Kingsands and Cawsands were pretty calm but the tide was only half way in. Clock tower looks fooked but at least they have got a couple of acrow props in and a few blokes doing things to at least try and hold it up.

Armageddon hasn't arrived here yet either.

I really do hope that the tower is saved & restored. Kingsand won't be the same without it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 11:33 am

Immigration Minister Mark Harper resigns...having found out his house cleaner of the last SIX YEARS is an illegal immigrant....even though he his a Tory I feel sorry for him....he could do nothing else because he has a very strong line on that sought of thing....if you didn't laugh you'd cry.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 11:36 am

zyph wrote:
Immigration Minister Mark Harper resigns...having found out his house cleaner of the last SIX YEARS is an illegal immigrant....even though he his a Tory I feel sorry for him....he could do nothing else because he has a very strong line on that sought of thing....if you didn't laugh you'd cry.

I'm waiting for the day that Cameron resigns when he discovers that his Secretary of State for Education for the last 3 years is an idiot who knows nothing about education.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 12:49 pm

You sound like a teacher knecht.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 1:07 pm

knecht wrote:
zyph wrote:

I'm waiting for the day that Cameron resigns when he discovers that his Secretary of State for Education for the last 3 years is an idiot who knows nothing about education.

Please don't go there!!!!
I have enough earache about him with GSGG (wife) being a teacher without you causing trouble!  Mad Very Happy 

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 1:11 pm

GSGG...mouldy....thats new on me....I know what GSG is ....but an exrta G ?...I'm lost.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 2:28 pm

Royal Navy now sent to Somerset to help out...............

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />  rabbit
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 6:05 pm

The Thames has flooded all the big mansions next to the river in Surrey and Berkshire, the Army and Navy are already there putting sandbags out everywhere, now the shit will hit the fan.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 7:10 pm

Cameron was down at Laira train Depot this afternoon and then on to Kingsand for another charm offensive.

He managed to stick two fingers up to th folk at Dawlish when he did a splendid flyby in his helicopter to have a look at the hole in the sea wall - he didn't bother to stop though !
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 8:39 pm

zyph wrote:
GSGG...mouldy....thats new on me....I know what GSG is ....but an exrta G ?...I'm lost.

Girl or goer.  Very Happy 

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 9:43 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 8:29 am

Eric Pickles saying he is the strongest supporter of the Environment Agency....WHAT....has he re-written history.....did he not blame them for all the worlds problems on Saturday ....the power of a little word in his ear from No10 changes the the whole story....crawling Tory comes to mind.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 8:47 am

The government HAVE to do something about the Thames flooding BBC this morning were showing a picture of a JAGUAR XJS underwater!!!! This isn't like Knechts' Reliant Robin getting stuck down a lane (he would only be driving to a Jazz and Jumper luncheon anyway) the people with Jags need them to go pick up their bonuses in the city FFS! WHERE'S THE FOOKIN ARMY?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 8:53 am

West Ham do a Speccy.
Well not exactly but it did make me chuckle that retail is going to pay for the houses that are built there. It's funny but the houses used to pay for the building of them when they were sold. Stadiums are marked for development, beware Speccy could well move us up the A38 then he will have a west Ham type development to look forward to, at least we have a club to support.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 8:53 am

Not in the news today

Big announcement by a big Plymouth player in the business world will be in the news soon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 8:59 am

Davina nearly drowns! Had to be dragged out of Windemere when she got hypothermic! Imagine no more Jump, no more million pound drop! FFS! I would have been tempted to save her.........after the break.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 9:00 am

Tgwu wrote:
Not in the news today

Big announcement by a big Plymouth player in the business world will be in the news soon

Come on comrade this is news thread not tease thread.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 9:08 am

Tgwu wrote:
Not in the news today

"After much begging and scraping by Plymouth Argyle officials to invest in the club, Chris Dawson, owner of 'The Range' has announced that he'd rather put his bollocks through an egg slicer than bail out an "Ex-banker and Old Etonian".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

In the "News" today.
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next