Argyle Talk Democratic

The ONLY Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 AFT Stadium Ownership Survey Results

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Argyle Fans' Trust

avatar

Posts : 139
Join date : 2013-01-21

PostSubject: AFT Stadium Ownership Survey Results   Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:36 pm

The Argyle Fans’ Trust has been surveying supporters on the question of the future ownership of Home Park. The Survey was marketed in three ways – online via a SurveyMonkey poll; by post, direct to Trust members, and at the Ground on a matchday. In total we received 658 responses to the survey, which we believe is a significant return.

The results of the survey are as follows:

1) Do you agree that Home Park should remain in Public Ownership through the council?

Strongly Agree – 400 (61.4%)
Agree – 125 (19.2%)
No View – 33 (5.0%)
Disagree -64 (9.8%)
Strongly Disagree – 30 (4.6%)



2) Do you agree that the option for James Brent/Akkeron to buy Home Park should be removed from his lease/rental agreement with the Council?

Strongly Agree -327 (51.1%)
Agree – 157 (24.5%)
No View – 39 (6.0%)
Disagree – 66 (10.3%)
Strongly Disagree – 51 (8.1%)



3) If the option for James Brent/Akkeron to buy Home Park is removed from the Lease with the Council, do you think the Trust should explore registering Home Park as an Asset of Community Value?

Yes – 591 (92%)
No – 52 (8%)



4) Are you a member of the Argyle Fans' Trust?

Yes – 409 (61.8%)
No – 253 (38.2%)



Obviously it should be noted that not everyone responded to each question, hence the variations in numbers for each. The percentages shown relate to the number of respondents to each question. And it should also be noted that the percentages may not always add up to 100 – this is due to rounding of figures.

However, the basic message of the survey is very clear – Argyle fans want the stadium to remain in community ownership. The strongest support given was for the Trust to register Home Park as an Asset of Community Value. This is something that is already under investigation, and the Board will be putting a proposal together, in conjunction with the Working Group, in the very near future.

A number of respondents also took time to include some comments in their replies – many thanks to the 77 of you that did so. Those comments ranged across the spectrum of views, from those that felt we should just let James Brent do whatever he wishes, to those that felt that no private individual or company should ever be allowed to own the Ground.

Gratifyingly, there were also plenty of comments supporting the Trust and thanking the Trust Board for the work we’re doing. There are far too many comments to publish them all, and we don’t want to just publish a handful as that would appear as selective. If anyone would like to read the comments, please email secretary@argylefanstrust.com and the PDF document with the comments on them (all anonymous) can be forwarded to you.

This survey has shown that Argyle fans care passionately about the future of the club. That so many took the time and trouble to respond at a busy time of year is testament to that. Thank you all.

(See http://www.argylefanstrust.com/2014/01/20/aft-stadium-ownership-survey-results/)
Back to top Go down
Angry

avatar

Posts : 10844
Join date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: AFT Stadium Ownership Survey Results   Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:48 pm

Excellent to see so many fans dont want the football club to suffer anymore from this clusterfuck then it will do once its built.

Not that much can be done to improve the stadium once the clusterfuck is up and running its comforting to know for any new custodian that wanted to invest in the club can still build on the devonport end without having to pay Brent anymore money then he will be making on top.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: AFT Stadium Ownership Survey Results   Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:48 pm

I smell popcorn Smile

Well done to the Trust. If that is not a mandate to be more demanding on this issue with the club, the council and via the local media then I don't know what is.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

avatar

Posts : 4943
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

PostSubject: Re: AFT Stadium Ownership Survey Results   Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:33 pm

So bearing in mind that Graham Clarke has said time is short...

What is the AFT's next step?
Back to top Go down
Argyle Fans' Trust

avatar

Posts : 139
Join date : 2013-01-21

PostSubject: Re: AFT Stadium Ownership Survey Results   Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:24 pm

Rickler wrote:
So bearing in mind that Graham Clarke has said time is short...

What is the AFT's next step?

We have written to both Martyn Starnes and Tudor Evans to request meetings in order to present our findings and establish the views of both the Club and the Council. We have also been putting together a proposal to present to the Council to have Home Park listed as an Asset of Community Value. Supporters Direct have been a great help in assisting us with that.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

avatar

Posts : 4943
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

PostSubject: Re: AFT Stadium Ownership Survey Results   Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:45 pm

Well done and good luck.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

avatar

Posts : 4966
Join date : 2011-05-12
Age : 97
Location : Kingsbridge Castles

PostSubject: Re: AFT Stadium Ownership Survey Results   Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:47 pm

+1
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: AFT Stadium Ownership Survey Results   Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:02 pm

I wonder who the 64 idiots that voted against the idea were? - Second thoughts, maybe I don't!

Back to top Go down
Elias

avatar

Posts : 5076
Join date : 2011-12-05
Location : brent out

PostSubject: Re: AFT Stadium Ownership Survey Results   Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:06 pm

May aswell sieve bathwater, brent will give trust & pcc soft soap. Good luck indeed but the dice us loaded against you
Back to top Go down
John_Lloyd



Posts : 209
Join date : 2011-12-16

PostSubject: Re: AFT Stadium Ownership Survey Results   Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:15 pm

An encouraging outcome, in two ways.

Firstly, this survey demonstrates that the fanbase has a clear and coherent opinion on the question of continuing public ownership for Home Park - they're in favour of it and by a very wide margin. We've obviously learnt something from history.

Secondly, this survey and the publishing of the results has been done in a mature and collegiate manner, with the club being kept up to date and made aware of the results in good time.

This is so much better than the very awkward situation seen early last year, when Trust announcements seemed to rile the club to the extent that board members refused to liaise with Trust personnel for a period.

Bridges have clearly been built in the last twelve months and that has to be celebrated.

In my view, the Trust has now definitively established itself as the only credible channel of communication between the fanbase and the club.

When issues of concern arise, the Trust and social media, in combination and separately, have been shown as the most effective way to communicate.

The recent shirt design decision is another example of how collective opinion, expressed properly, with respect to the relevant people at the club, can have welcome results.

What next then?

A response from James Brent, Akkeron and/or the club on the issue of the future protection of the Home Park footprint seems to be in order. It may well be a tricky square to circle, as it remains as the only tangible asset of the football club in the future and it's valuation will be key to the development of the club.

Secondly, a reassessment of the relevance and credibility of the PASB should also be made. With apologies to the individuals who have tried their best to make it work, the shirt vote and the ground ownership survey are two issues that should have been channeled through it - but we have all realised that we'd be wasting our time in expecting any kind of outcome, if we had left it there.

Instead, those important issues were actioned elsewhere - and with worthwhile results.

Certain conclusions can be drawn.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

avatar

Posts : 1185
Join date : 2013-04-06

PostSubject: Re: AFT Stadium Ownership Survey Results   Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:02 pm

Argyle Fans' Trust wrote:
Rickler wrote:
So bearing in mind that Graham Clarke has said time is short...

What is the AFT's next step?

We have written to both Martyn Starnes and Tudor Evans to request meetings in order to present our findings and establish the views of both the Club and the Council. We have also been putting together a proposal to present to the Council to have Home Park listed as an Asset of Community Value. Supporters Direct have been a great help in assisting us with that.

Good luck with these meetings.

PAFC Board were reluctant to talk about the issue with PASB, wishing to concentrate on the redevelopment, which of course needs the new lease signing. Nobody seems to know if the buy-back clause is in the draft new lease agreement.

Hopefully, an elected body such as PCC will listen to such a large vote and be more approachable about the situation. They have proved to be keen on the Asset of Community Value idea with both Peverell Park Methodist Church and the Hyde Park pub building given the status, with the Hyde park already being converted to offices when it was actioned. The ACV route should be secondary to removing the buy back clause in the new lease, which is already a very generous deal for Akkeron on behalf of the Plymouth rate payers.

Maybe, while you have Tudor's ear, you could ask about the probability of the Park & Ride car park having charges applied.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: AFT Stadium Ownership Survey Results   Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:11 pm

GOB wrote:
I wonder who the 64 idiots that voted against the idea were? - Second thoughts, maybe I don't!


Indeed!!!!

 Pig 
Back to top Go down
Angry

avatar

Posts : 10844
Join date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: AFT Stadium Ownership Survey Results   Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:31 pm

John_Lloyd wrote:
An encouraging outcome, in two ways.

Firstly, this survey demonstrates that the fanbase has a clear and coherent opinion on the question of continuing public ownership for Home Park - they're in favour of it and by a very wide margin. We've obviously learnt something from history.

Secondly, this survey and the publishing of the results has been done in a mature and collegiate manner, with the club being kept up to date and made aware of the results in good time.

This is so much better than the very awkward situation seen early last year, when Trust announcements seemed to rile the club to the extent that board members refused to liaise with Trust personnel for a period.

Bridges have clearly been built in the last twelve months and that has to be celebrated.

In my view, the Trust has now definitively established itself as the only credible channel of communication between the fanbase and the club.

When issues of concern arise, the Trust and social media, in combination and separately, have been shown as the most effective way to communicate.

The recent shirt design decision is another example of how collective opinion, expressed properly, with respect to the relevant people at the club, can have welcome results.

What next then?

A response from James Brent, Akkeron and/or the club on the issue of the future protection of the Home Park footprint seems to be in order. It may well be a tricky square to circle, as it remains as the only tangible asset of the football club in the future and it's valuation will be key to the development of the club.

Secondly, a reassessment of the relevance and credibility of the PASB should also be made. With apologies to the individuals who have tried their best to make it work, the shirt vote and the ground ownership survey are two issues that should have been channeled through it - but we have all realised that we'd be wasting our time in expecting any kind of outcome, if we had left it there.

Instead, those important issues were actioned elsewhere - and with worthwhile results.

Certain conclusions can be drawn.

Its such a shame something like this couldnt be arranged when the HHP plans were being drawn up. Brent could have listen to the opinions of the fans and not just two.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

avatar

Posts : 4943
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

PostSubject: Re: AFT Stadium Ownership Survey Results   Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:20 am

Argyle Fans' Trust wrote:
Rickler wrote:
So bearing in mind that Graham Clarke has said time is short...

What is the AFT's next step?

We have written to both Martyn Starnes and Tudor Evans to request meetings in order to present our findings and establish the views of both the Club and the Council. We have also been putting together a proposal to present to the Council to have Home Park listed as an Asset of Community Value. Supporters Direct have been a great help in assisting us with that.


Just thought...

Any plans to involve the Herald?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: AFT Stadium Ownership Survey Results   Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:40 am

Great survey results, James will not be happy.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

avatar

Posts : 7883
Join date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: AFT Stadium Ownership Survey Results   Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:06 pm

When the time comes, Brent will buy it back. No amount of gently gently nudging will sway his hard-nosed attitude when it comes to the bottom line. Even more so if we are still languishing in Div 4 and he can get the lease at the lowest possible price.

When it happens, my guess is that Brent will explain that the potential money he'd make from selling the club again was the only way the new stand could have been feasibly financed (if it's finished by then). The figures just won't add up otherwise.  Razz 

Cue much collective forlock-tugging form Pyongyang etc. etc.
Back to top Go down
mannameadbabe

avatar

Posts : 429
Join date : 2013-03-14
Age : 57
Location : Plymouth

PostSubject: Re: AFT Stadium Ownership Survey Results   Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:53 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:
Great survey results, James will not be happy.
James does not give a stuff about anything except his financial aspirations being realised. What I'd like to understand is what can be done about it. I fear that even if meetings / discussions are arranged with Tudor and JB the outcome would still be that HP will be offered up on a plate.

I'd be keen to know how it's possible claim this as a community asset - a la the Hyde Park pub.....
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: AFT Stadium Ownership Survey Results   Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:05 pm

mannameadbabe wrote:
AstiSpumante wrote:
Great survey results, James will not be happy.
James does not give a stuff about anything except his financial aspirations being realised.  What I'd like to understand is what can be done about it.  I fear that even if meetings / discussions are arranged with Tudor and JB the outcome would still be that HP will be offered up on a plate.

I'd be keen to know how it's possible claim this as a community asset - a la the Hyde Park pub.....

Nothing that jeopardises the incubation of Lord & Lady B's nest egg will be tolerated, the little man from PCC will see to that.
Back to top Go down
Angry

avatar

Posts : 10844
Join date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: AFT Stadium Ownership Survey Results   Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:17 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:
mannameadbabe wrote:
AstiSpumante wrote:
Great survey results, James will not be happy.
James does not give a stuff about anything except his financial aspirations being realised.  What I'd like to understand is what can be done about it.  I fear that even if meetings / discussions are arranged with Tudor and JB the outcome would still be that HP will be offered up on a plate.

I'd be keen to know how it's possible claim this as a community asset - a la the Hyde Park pub.....

Nothing that jeopardises the incubation of Lord & Lady B's nest egg will be tolerated, the little man from PCC will see to that.

Tudor may want to remember that elections are coming soon so if he wants votes he better start acting like he represents the people not just a few.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

avatar

Posts : 14772
Join date : 2011-05-11
Age : 79
Location : Ivybridge

PostSubject: Re: AFT Stadium Ownership Survey Results   Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:13 pm

Most people vote for the party label, not the man.
Back to top Go down
Angry

avatar

Posts : 10844
Join date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: AFT Stadium Ownership Survey Results   Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:02 pm

pepsipete wrote:
Most people vote for the party label, not the man.

true in someways but what has tudor done in all the times he has been head thats truly made plymouth better? I cant think of many and that if anything will harm him at elections. Im not voting for him thats 4shaw
Back to top Go down
greensleeves



Posts : 517
Join date : 2013-04-21

PostSubject: Re: AFT Stadium Ownership Survey Results   Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:12 pm

Tudor Evans is never slow to miss a photo opportunity, there's hardly a day goes by without his face smiling at you from the inner pages of the herald,guess that must count for something come re-election time.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

avatar

Posts : 10664
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 67
Location : Larnaca, Cyprus

PostSubject: Re: AFT Stadium Ownership Survey Results   Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:28 pm

greensleeves wrote:
Tudor Evans is never slow to miss a photo opportunity, there's hardly a day goes by without his face smiling at you from the inner  pages of the herald,guess that must count for something come re-election time.
Maybe Where's Webby should enter the political arena ? He has all the boxes ticked.
Back to top Go down
Dingle



Posts : 635
Join date : 2012-01-23

PostSubject: Re: AFT Stadium Ownership Survey Results   Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:58 pm

Where IS Webby when you need him?

As President, surely he should at least be saying SOMETHING.

I'm no financial guru, but it seems to me that the current agreement between PCC and PAFC serves the interests of both parties - security for the club and regular income for the council. Good for both fans and council tax payers.

If the buy back clause is included in the new lease, only one party stands to benefit - and it isn't PCC or PAFC.





Back to top Go down
Argyle Fans' Trust

avatar

Posts : 139
Join date : 2013-01-21

PostSubject: Re: AFT Stadium Ownership Survey Results   Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:22 pm

Rickler wrote:
Argyle Fans' Trust wrote:
Rickler wrote:
So bearing in mind that Graham Clarke has said time is short...

What is the AFT's next step?

We have written to both Martyn Starnes and Tudor Evans to request meetings in order to present our findings and establish the views of both the Club and the Council. We have also been putting together a proposal to present to the Council to have Home Park listed as an Asset of Community Value. Supporters Direct have been a great help in assisting us with that.


Just thought...

Any plans to involve the Herald?

A press release has been sent to them, along with the full details of the survey.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: AFT Stadium Ownership Survey Results   

Back to top Go down
 
AFT Stadium Ownership Survey Results
Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: Argyle Fans' Trust-
Jump to: