Elias
Peggy
Jethro
Lord Tisdale
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

What was the last film you watched? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What was the last film you watched?   What was the last film you watched? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 12:53 am

mutiny on the buses
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: What was the last film you watched?   What was the last film you watched? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 1:44 pm

Got taken in by the meeja and watched Lone Survivor, been bigged up as the best war film ever, 'twas alright with some cringey scampering under fire, I don't mind heads getting blown apart but jumping and sliding over rocks is something else. Watchable Hollywood pap with a dash of realism but nothing to write home about, I'd give it foive.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What was the last film you watched?   What was the last film you watched? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 9:12 pm

I'd urge every one to watch Bad Grandpa. It's Johnny Knoxville of Jackass fame and it's a hidden camera film but it's superb. It made me laugh more than anything I've seen for a very long time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What was the last film you watched?   What was the last film you watched? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 9:51 pm

Watched "The Deer Hunter" after a break of at least 20 years. Still bloody good!
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: What was the last film you watched?   What was the last film you watched? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 10:06 pm

star trek into the darkness. A very good film with simon pegg as scotty according to the lady of the house it is a must watch coz it has sherlock in it Benedict cumberbatch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What was the last film you watched?   What was the last film you watched? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 10:10 pm

Person Of Interest wrote:
GOB wrote:
War Horse. It was strange seeing the old warren cottage on the moor all done up!

Did you spot the bloopers in War  Horse, Gobbers? There's a millionaires 'eco house on the side of Burrator village with the slopping glass roof etc. I spooted it several times in various scenes. Only a thing a local would spot I suppose. Great film though - it had me blubbing! laugh 

No I didn't and I watched it twice!  clown 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What was the last film you watched?   What was the last film you watched? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 10:09 am

Went to watch The Wolf Of Wall street last night. Bleddy good it was, although it was about three hours long it didn't seem it. It was slightly annoying seeing all those wankers stripping the cash out of the system but in the end the narcs won and all the traders had to look back on was all the memories of cocaine, endless pussy and 170' yachts.
I also went VIP, no queues the seats were better but still short in the back for someone of six foot two and you get a blow job from the usherette, her hair smelled of popcorn.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What was the last film you watched?   What was the last film you watched? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 10:50 am

Watched Gravity the other night. A bit far-fetched, but well done, better than I thought it would be. Imho, Clooney is better when he sticks to playing a smoothie rather than a gung-ho astronaut, or Bongonaught, as Jock would say. rabbit 
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: What was the last film you watched?   What was the last film you watched? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 12:22 pm

I have been taking it a bit easy lately, the trouble has gotten into West Wing and I am having to spend a lot of time explaining things to her, like it isn't a documentary and such like, plus the emotional turmoil that 12 Hours a Slave thrust me into has been hard to take.

Dallas Buyers Club is a decent watch as long as the sight of Matt Mahogany as an AIDS infested cowboy doesn't put you off, the man has become a far better actor of late and the effort he put into changing his body from the one on show in Sahara must have been a monumental one. Macho, trailer park, red neck, cowboy gets HIV from IV druggie, slapper then falls into the US Pharma, money making, syndrome, rebels, does some stuff which helps a lot of people who needed helping. Not bad but as usual not as good as the reviews suggest.

Inside Llewyn Davis is another which fails to come up to expectations generated by the critics and Coen Bros groupies, not bad though if a bit slow and messagey.

Did Despicable Me 2 again with the mini rat, she just loves them minions but it is still no where near as good as the original.

Thor Dark World, passable but lacking the humour of the original.

To Kill a Mocking Bird, when you see kids act like that then watch the fruit of Will Smith's loins in crap like After Earth it just makes you wonder about this world where style is rated so much more than substance, ability or just plain talent. Fine perfomance from the Peck but it is all about the kids, a classic.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: What was the last film you watched?   What was the last film you watched? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 9:36 pm

I saw the Lego movie on Sunday. Really liked it.

It was funny seeing a load of blokes all about 18/ 19/ early 20's sitting in front of us enjoying the film!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What was the last film you watched?   What was the last film you watched? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 9:51 am

A wonderfully sensitive but challenging view on the human condition. Stunning performances by the two leads.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What was the last film you watched?   What was the last film you watched? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 4:11 pm

Withnail and I. A couple days ago
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What was the last film you watched?   What was the last film you watched? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 4:30 pm

Filth and it was rubbish. Can't read this thread without thinking of the advert where Han Solo bellows loads of questions at me
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: What was the last film you watched?   What was the last film you watched? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 4:59 pm

Just watching the great Peter Sellars in "Heavens above", talk about slapping you in the face with issues which are hardly reconciled to this day.
Back to top Go down
hairy j

hairy j

PostSubject: Re: What was the last film you watched?   What was the last film you watched? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 5:06 pm

Land of Whispers, an hour long documentary about North Korea.

It focuses upon the cultural aspects of North Korea. It was very interesting and wasn't what I expected as the 'totalitarian government is wrong' message I was expecting was just a subtle background. Some of the architecture in North Korea is amazing. It was a very interesting watch and it's in hd, free on Youtube.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What was the last film you watched?   What was the last film you watched? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 5:19 pm

"Pride & Prejudice". Never read the book.
Back to top Go down
hairy j

hairy j

PostSubject: Re: What was the last film you watched?   What was the last film you watched? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 5:42 pm

I was forced to read Jane Austen during a term for A-Level English. It's horrible, twee shite. What made it worse was the teacher was an advocate of Laura Ashley 'things' and had ginger hairy legs - she was only about 27 years old and she adored Jane Austen. It's anti-literature in my view. Urgh.
Back to top Go down
bjorn_yesterday

bjorn_yesterday

PostSubject: Re: What was the last film you watched?   What was the last film you watched? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 9:37 am

The Grand Budapest Hotel.

Wonderfully whimsical. 9/10 *****
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What was the last film you watched?   What was the last film you watched? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 8:12 pm

bjorn_yesterday wrote:
The Grand Budapest Hotel.

Wonderfully whimsical. 9/10 *****

I heard a 5 star review about that film on the radio in the last day or so. Sounds a must see.

(I'll wait until it comes up cheap on ebay.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What was the last film you watched?   What was the last film you watched? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What was the last film you watched?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2