Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Incinerator - Yes or No?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Incinerator - Yes or No? Empty
PostSubject: Incinerator - Yes or No?   Incinerator - Yes or No? EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 7:20 pm

I have taken no interest in this but it seems to be a hot topic in Jannerville. So, a good idea or a bad idea?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Incinerator - Yes or No?   Incinerator - Yes or No? EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 10:40 am

Plymouth seems to be turning into a place where stuff is disposed of - rubbish burnt and nuclear submarines scrapped. The incinerator will provide jobs so I suppose I'm for it.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Incinerator - Yes or No?   Incinerator - Yes or No? EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 1:28 pm

seems the best alternative, wonder if it will take players?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Incinerator - Yes or No?   Incinerator - Yes or No? EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 1:30 pm

All I know about it that a lot of people are complaining and that there's going be one almighty tower built. I suppose the rubbish has to go somewhere.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Incinerator - Yes or No?   Incinerator - Yes or No? EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 2:20 pm

While Ian Newell and Chris Webb were busying themselves saving the planet and giving the Heaney/Ridsdale delay a free passage, I was demonstrating about both the incinerator and of course the cutting up of Nuclear submarines in Plymouth. They're not even giving the City the bulk of the jobs and the money. That goes to where the nuclear cut up bits go to to be proccessed.. I went into the so called public consultation re what is a serious nuclear issue at the Guildhall. We offered these smoothie sales types seafood from Devil's Point and filmed then ... a bit of a hoot, but then sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
I know of two long time Argyle season ticket holders that support very stronglyand are deeply involved in the movements against these two dumps in the middle of a big city.... it's unheard of in the West... the Americans wouldn't allow it. So, just because some of us didn't support their Argyle internet keyboard thing doesn't mean we're not out there regarding issues that mean something.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Incinerator - Yes or No?   Incinerator - Yes or No? EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 2:53 pm

I don't know a lot about the particulars of this case - I should. But, the day there is a nuclear power station, reprocessing plant or an industrial incinerator built on the Thames, in the heart of London, is the day I shall accept the risks are worth considering.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Incinerator - Yes or No?   Incinerator - Yes or No? EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 5:02 pm

When it's put like Pirate and FM it does make you want to question things.

I don't think we should be cutting up Nuclear waste, I know someone has to do it but not in a city with a catchment area of what must be approaching around a half a million, common sense should be ringing alarm bells.

As for the waste, well I just don't know. We produce it so we have to get rid of it, again, whether that should be carried out in a city or not is a valid debate.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Incinerator - Yes or No?   Incinerator - Yes or No? EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 9:20 pm

anti incinerator. i lived in the fall out zone from our local 'waste to heat generator' - ikid you not!- and have been part of a group that has hassled wrg to the point of giving up their planning ap.
these ciaretees in the city poison and pollute.

waste needs reducing not burning

tackle the issue from its source
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Incinerator - Yes or No?   Incinerator - Yes or No? EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 9:29 pm

Sneinton Green wrote:
anti incinerator. i lived in the fall out zone from our local 'waste to heat generator' - ikid you not!- and have been part of a group that has hassled wrg to the point of giving up their planning ap.
these ciaretees in the city poison and pollute.

waste needs reducing not burning

tackle the issue from its source

Couldn't agree more. Polluters should pay. All the excess packaging, super-market bags, thrown away food, unrepairable gadgets, out of this year's fashion clothes, obsolete electronics ....... etc. And as for exporting our rubbish to foreign shores where workers have to pollute themselves in order to earn a living wage Evil or Very Mad Having an incinerator to hand will mean there is less to recycle and more waste.

Step lightly on the earth. It's flippin' hard though! Doomed! We're all doomed!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Incinerator - Yes or No?   Incinerator - Yes or No? EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 9:11 am

One interesting alternative.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Incinerator - Yes or No?   Incinerator - Yes or No? EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 9:38 am

thats just going down the path of 'dont worry, keep consuming, nothing is really happening to the climate'. the 'compost' produced from such an operation is sterile!

GREEN WASH - dont beleive the hype

itll also tie your local council in for 25 years. imagine, 25 years of the council providing a private company with their profits, whether profitable or not, youll still be paying. my advise if this goes ahead- buy some shares in the company

Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Incinerator - Yes or No?   Incinerator - Yes or No? EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 1:24 pm

We've had one here for 20 years (most German cities have one - landfill is illegal).

It has the capacity to burn 250,000 tons of waste per year.

It provides steam to drive turbines which generate 30% of Bonn's electricity. It also provides hot water for a large area of Bonn.

It's clean and doesn't smell.

There are strict controls regarding emmisions (also monitored by an independent third party in Cologne).

The "slag" (ash etc) has all metal removed from it and is then treated so that it can be used in road building for example.

The whole thing is owned by the city (not privately - take note PCC). The city gets the revenue from the waste (the company that collects the waste pays for it to be burned - the city could save more money if they collected it themselves), the electricity (I'm a customer) and the hot water usage.

The whole scenario is a nice little earner for the city and subsidises the public transport system which would otherwise run as at a loss.

The UK is twenty years behind. PCC even further!

Back to top Go down
Mr President

PostSubject: Re: Incinerator - Yes or No?   Incinerator - Yes or No? EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 2:46 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
While Ian Newell and Chris Webb were busying themselves saving the planet and giving the Heaney/Ridsdale delay a free passage, I was demonstrating about both the incinerator and of course the cutting up of Nuclear submarines in Plymouth. .

I've spoken at two of the rallies.......you must have missed those PP......
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Incinerator - Yes or No?   Incinerator - Yes or No? EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 3:01 pm

Chris Webb wrote:
penzancepirate wrote:
While Ian Newell and Chris Webb were busying themselves saving the planet and giving the Heaney/Ridsdale delay a free passage, I was demonstrating about both the incinerator and of course the cutting up of Nuclear submarines in Plymouth. .

I've spoken at two of the rallies.......you must have missed those PP......

Were you for or against? Plus (whichever one) why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Incinerator - Yes or No?   Incinerator - Yes or No? Empty

Back to top Go down

Incinerator - Yes or No?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: Half Time-
Jump to: