HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

David Coleman RIP

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

David Coleman RIP Empty
PostSubject: David Coleman RIP   David Coleman RIP EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 2:11 pm

BREAKING NEWS - David Coleman dies at the age of 87
Sports broadcasting has today lost a legend after the death of former BBC commentator David Coleman OBE at the age of 87. His family has released this short statement: "We regret to announce the death of David Coleman OBE, after a short illness he died peacefully with his family at his bedside."

Another one from my youth bites the dust. RIP
Back to top Go down

David Coleman RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Coleman RIP   David Coleman RIP EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 2:20 pm

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
BREAKING NEWS - David Coleman dies at the age of 87
Sports broadcasting has today lost a legend after the death of former BBC commentator David Coleman OBE at the age of 87. His family has released this short statement: "We regret to announce the death of David Coleman OBE, after a short illness he died peacefully with his family at his bedside."

Another one from my youth bites the dust. RIP
Me to moist, used to love sportsnight with coleman, football and boxing on a wednesday night, happy days! RIP.
Back to top Go down

David Coleman RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Coleman RIP   David Coleman RIP EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 3:41 pm

RIP.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

David Coleman RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Coleman RIP   David Coleman RIP EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 4:24 pm

A true legend.

RIP
Back to top Go down

David Coleman RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Coleman RIP   David Coleman RIP EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 4:27 pm

Indeed. Those that have grown up in the Sky Sports era wouldn't understand how excited people used to get about Sportsnight.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

David Coleman RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Coleman RIP   David Coleman RIP EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 4:34 pm

The name meant nothing to me, then they've just played a montage of some of his commentary clips; the Gordon Banks/Pele save, Eusebio, the FA Cup, "the bell" on the final lap...
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

David Coleman RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Coleman RIP   David Coleman RIP EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 5:10 pm

Have you never heard of Colemanballs Mock ? It was quite the thing for a while:flower: 
I thought him authoritative until I became an adult and then preferred Motto and even Brian Moore who upped the game in the local London football scene.
The world moved on, David Coleman didn't and Private Eye had it spot on. He lived an enjoyable life so good on him. Not one of my emotional icons, a bit dry to my taste. An old fashioned voice on a par with that Pathe news chap post war and Alan Wicker in the 60/70s.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

David Coleman RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Coleman RIP   David Coleman RIP EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 5:27 pm

I always found Brian Moore very negative in his commentry.

There was a sports reporter on bbc local news (newsroom south east?) who was a complete tit when it came to football who went on to join sky. I think his name was Rob something.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

David Coleman RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Coleman RIP   David Coleman RIP EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 6:06 pm

I'm guessing Brian Moore aint the hooker who whinges his way through rugger matches. Motson has lost a fair amount in the past few years. My favourite commentators these days are almost exclusively cricket commentators. Most of them are crap too at the moment mind; too many former England captains and not enough Holdings or thoughtful antipodeans (not Warne fcol).

Found it a bit odd that on a Lockerbie memorial day that the Beeb ran with the Coleman story first up on't news. HEADLINE: 88 year old man dies...Well odd isn't the word exactly; off p'raps.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

David Coleman RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Coleman RIP   David Coleman RIP Empty

Back to top Go down

David Coleman RIP
Page 1 of 1