seadog
Tgwu
Dane
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Dane

Dane

feck Christmas ....... Empty
PostSubject: feck Christmas .......   feck Christmas ....... EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 9:59 am

......had enough of it already. Roll on June for weeks in the med
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: feck Christmas .......   feck Christmas ....... EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 10:27 am

Dane. wrote:
......had enough of it already.  Roll on June for weeks in the med

go and visit tring
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: feck Christmas .......   feck Christmas ....... EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 12:32 pm

Retail destory my christmas sprit in August when they start promoting it its too soon and early.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: feck Christmas .......   feck Christmas ....... EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 1:08 pm

Yo, deffo, innit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: feck Christmas .......   feck Christmas ....... EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 4:23 pm

I'm loving it. Finished work Thursday and not back until the 2nd. Normally don't see the children much during the week. We're having a great time until I turned on Argyle Player.

If you can't find you're own way to enjoy this time of year then well...... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: feck Christmas .......   feck Christmas ....... EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 4:30 pm

Working on Christmas Eve, then a day off and sail for Aberdeen 0800 Boxing Day.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: feck Christmas .......   feck Christmas ....... EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 6:30 am

I absolutely hate christmas and everything it stands for. I try not to take any notice of it until christmas eve when I'm forced into the festivities but that's nearly impossible when it's continually shoved in your face in shops and on TV from October onwards. Even as an athiest I get annoyed that Christmas, which btw was a former pagan winter solstice festival until it was hijacked by some 5th century pope when he introduced the nativity into it, is now nothing more than a capitalist event seen as an 'essential' part of our country's micky mouse economy.

Bollocks to christmas
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: feck Christmas .......   feck Christmas ....... EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 6:46 am

Yes...they've even brought religion into CHRISTmas....whatever next.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: feck Christmas .......   feck Christmas ....... EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 7:11 am

FFS it wasn't called CHRISTmas until the nativity was introduced by christians! It was series of differing pagan festivals across European cultures celebrating new life normally held around the time of the winter equinox.  That's why christmas is when it is.  Please don't tell me you thought 25 december was jesus' birthday LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: feck Christmas .......   feck Christmas ....... EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 7:14 am

Interestingly explained it roots on Countryfile last night......everything must start from somewhere.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: feck Christmas .......   feck Christmas ....... EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 10:59 am

Jesus was already 5 or 6 years old by the time he was born ..... if you know what I mean.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: feck Christmas .......   feck Christmas ....... EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 3:00 pm

knecht wrote:
Jesus was already 5 or 6 years old by the time he was born ..... if you know what I mean.

Jesus has the same age problem as Taribo West?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: feck Christmas .......   feck Christmas ....... EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 3:06 pm

Feck the christmas rain, its keeping me trapped indoors, mrs woman is starting to find jobs for me to do!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: feck Christmas .......   feck Christmas ....... EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 3:51 pm

I enjoy Crimbo with the family, by that I mean my wife and two boys. What I don't enjoy is being pressurised into going round to other relatives that don't even like me over the festive period to sip a tiny sherry and watch bullshit tv that should have never been made whilst we all pretend we are having a good time.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: feck Christmas .......   feck Christmas ....... EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 4:23 pm

Iggy wrote:
I enjoy Crimbo with the family, by that I mean my wife and two boys. What I don't enjoy is being pressurised into going round to other relatives that don't even like me over the festive period to sip a tiny sherry and watch bullshit tv that should have never been made whilst we all pretend we are having a good time.

That's the hammer Iggy.

We're awaiting a text as we speak so that the kind of loose relatives you refer to can be graced by our presence.  Rolling Eyes 

I usually set myself a little task - try and say something lewd or inappropriate, enough to piss them off a little bit, but not enough for me to get grief from her indoors. 'Tis a fine balancing act, I tell thee.  Laughing 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: feck Christmas .......   feck Christmas ....... EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 4:27 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
knecht wrote:

Jesus has the same age problem as Taribo West?

But Jesus saved whereas West ambled around doing very little.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: feck Christmas .......   feck Christmas ....... EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 4:56 pm

The text's arrived. ffs.  Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: feck Christmas .......   feck Christmas ....... EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 5:18 pm

I think it's still possible to get something spiritually out of christmas,even though i'm not a believer and,as others have said,the season is now essentially a money making exercise and long ago lost it's original raison d'etre.Still enjoy listening to a good carol service,maybe it takes me back to a time when i did actually have a simple faith.This year is the first christmas since mum died and i must admit that it's a very strange feeling,leading to much nostalgic musing about the great times that our family had in the past at this period of the year,brings a tear to the eye from time to time.Got to get on with it though,i'm sure that the many departed members of my family would want nothing else-as Slade would say,look to the future now,its only just begun. Smile 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: feck Christmas .......   feck Christmas ....... EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 5:24 pm

As usual Freathy is short, sweet, and on the money, in a colourful way. Doesn't hurt, does it, to offer one's thoughts on the matter... we're supposed to be an eclectic bunch now apparently, well, since today. No need for a libel suit, no need for the blasphemy laws to be visited upon us. jocolor   

So who remembers that rather ridiculous huge banner of a few years ago hung on the outside of the Mutley Baptists church ?   "Who's Christmas is it anyway ?"  they screamed with what seemed like a WW2 searchlight on it. I guess it was a bunch of young Christian fundamentalists straight out of the mould. Youth is a funny thing. I guess at least some of them will eventually learn all is not what it seems. let's hope so.  I didn't have the heart to remind them of the REAL reason for Winter cuddling together, probably a bit too REAL for them I should imagine... and all that dancing and music ? and repitative beats .....must be the devil or the very least the Green man !! santa 

My family have already had our fine solstice meal a couple of days ago, and I don't see any reason why not to have another slap up meal on the 25th. After all, I celebrate the Dvali as well with yet another big meal. It is Winter after all. Has anyone seen the weather outside ?
We all love each other now, don't we ?
And don't forget, spirituality is not just for Christmas. Get out there and pray for Ingerland.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: feck Christmas .......   feck Christmas ....... EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 5:29 pm

it annoys me when christians try and have ago at folk celebrating christmas if they arent believers. Surely everyone knows its a mixture of pagans rituals and roman fests and "christ" was born in march time. The reason they try to say 25th December is because it was easier to celebrate christs birthday on the same day as a present giving pissup lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: feck Christmas .......   feck Christmas ....... EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 5:31 pm

Greenskin wrote:
I think it's still possible to get something spiritually out of christmas,even though i'm not a believer and,as others have said,the season is now essentially a money making exercise and long ago lost it's original raison d'etre.Still enjoy listening to a good carol service,maybe it takes me back to a time when i did actually have a simple faith.This year is the first christmas since mum died and i must admit that it's a very strange feeling,leading to much nostalgic musing about the great times that our family had in the past at this period of the year,brings a tear to the eye from time to time.Got to get on with it though,i'm sure that the many departed members of my family would want nothing else-as Slade would say,look to the future now,its only just begun. Smile 
I'm not a believer either greenskin, but i do enjoy christmas, and get nostalgic for the christmases of old, but my happiest memory of christmas was beating torquay six nil on boxing day 1969, bickle 4 norman piper 2, happy days!. my first boxing day match, and the best.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: feck Christmas .......   feck Christmas ....... EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 5:49 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
I'm not a believer either greenskin, but i do enjoy christmas, and get nostalgic for the christmases of old, but my happiest memory of christmas was beating torquay six nil on boxing day 1969, bickle 4 norman piper 2, happy days!. my first boxing day match, and the best.

Remember it well,King Bickle and the talented Piper to the fore,Torquay were a very decent team back then as well.A couple of other Boxing day games stand out as well-a truly superb game of football in the 1974/75 promotion season against Swindon,ended up 4-3 to Argyle after trailing all the way and a 4-0 drubbing of Fulham [may have been the season after] when Mariner and Rafferty took poor old Bobby Moore to the cleaners to the extent that he was taken off at half time.Huge crowd there too,you really had the feeling that Argyle were about to launch in those days.Didn't work out that way though. Twisted Evil I hope that people like Wenger and co don't get their way about reducing the christmas programme though,always been the best time of year for watching football IMHO.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: feck Christmas .......   feck Christmas ....... EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 6:12 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

Remember it well,King Bickle and the talented Piper to the fore,Torquay were a very decent team back then as well.A couple of other Boxing day games stand out as well-a truly superb game of football in the 1974/75 promotion season against Swindon,ended up 4-3 to Argyle after trailing all the way and a 4-0 drubbing of Fulham [may have been the season after] when Mariner and Rafferty took poor old Bobby Moore to the cleaners to the extent that he was taken off at half time.Huge crowd there too,you really had the feeling that Argyle were about to launch in those days.Didn't work out that way though. Twisted Evil I hope that people like Wenger and co don't get their way about reducing the christmas programme though,always been the best time of year for watching football IMHO.

My first game!  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: feck Christmas .......   feck Christmas ....... EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 7:19 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

Just refuse to kiss anyone on arrival. Say you don't want to catch anything. Always works for me.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: feck Christmas .......   feck Christmas ....... EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 7:51 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Just refuse to kiss anyone on arrival. Say you don't want to catch anything. Always works for me.

lol! 

It's not too bad at the minute! On the mobi browsing ATD so I'm just about seeing it thru. Plus I'm drinking all their San Miguel !  cheers drunken 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: feck Christmas .......   feck Christmas ....... Empty

Back to top Go down

feck Christmas .......
Page 1 of 1